Remote keyholder

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by JennyTaylor, Feb 26, 2021.

1. JennyTaylor

JennyTaylor Member

Local Time:
    5:18 AM
    Hello,
    I have a KH who lives several hours away. The system we've been talking about using is a resettable combo lock. The idea is that I close my eyes, reset the combo to a random number, photograph the new combo, send her the photo, delete the photo and lock the lock.

The lock will actual lock a bag that I can cut through in an emergency, but otherwise I'm dependent upon her giving me the combo to unlock.

I've heard about others using this method, but I can figure out how to do all that without seeing the combo. Any advice?

Any other suggestions regarding remote keyholders and methods? We'd like to prevent heading to mail the key back and forth.

Thanks
    Jennifer

2. Jack In A Cage

Jack In A Cage Member is caged

Self-employed
    New York
    Local Time:
  3. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Not sure what else the KH is doing with you, but it sounds just as effective as self-locking?

4. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    I've thought about a similar approach, with a relator lockbox and resettable combo lock. My approach would be to set up a standard way to do the new combo photo, say having the camera on a table with a set distance for the lock, so that it would be in focus every time. That way you don't need to look at photo, or even through view finder to get a clear shot. If you send that photo file to your Mistress, she can then verify that she sees it clearly before you click the lock shut. Of course, there would be some trust required, that you would indeed not view the photo and delete it after she gives approval. Good luck and enjoy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice