Questions about length

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by queer_robot, Jul 25, 2020.

1. queer_robot

queer_robot New member

Local Time:
    3:50 PM
    I'm going to buying my first custom cage from Mature Metal. I am so excited! But I'm a bit confused about the length. The website says to measure yourself with a ruler and subtract 1/4". The problem is I get different measurements. When I'm standing up and my dick is hanging down I'm 4" flaccid. However, when I'm sitting or laying down I'm 3" to 3.5" My instinct is to with a 3.25 length but what do you guys think? Does anyone have any experience with a shorter cage? Is there such a thing as too , when I'm sitting or laying down I'm 3" to 3.5" My instinct is to with a 3.25 length but what do you guys think? Does anyone have any experience with a shorter cage? Is there such a thing as too short?

2. elias

elias 7/7 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    11:50 PM
    For wearing the cage comfortable, I would recommend measured length minus 1/2". I have measured my flaccid length during 2 weeks around the day in "standing position". After measurement I took the shortest length and deducted the 1/2"from it. It is important to measure the flaccid length in all circumstances.

Reading your question, I guess 3,25" "ordered length" would be a good start.

3. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    Personally I would go 1/4” less than your 3” measurement. I have been wearing a cage for a long time though so shorter seem to work better for me. Any room to grow causes discomfort in my experience. Also, large cages are much harder to hide.

I am a grower and hang flaccid between 2-4” and my cage length is 1.25”. I went one size up on the ID to allow it to comfortably squish in a bit. I also have 1/2” ring to cage gap that was originally 3/8”. That was the difference between comfort and pain on the same device. Extremely comfortable now (I have a malechastitynow Contender). Mature Metal makes great devices as well!

I’m sure you will get several opinions though. Have you tried any cheap ones to get a better idea? So many options for under $20 these days to play around with.

4. queer_robot

queer_robot New member

Local Time:
    My dick only measures 3" when I'm sitting down. When it hangs down it's always 4." If i go with 2.75 might that be too short?

5. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    10:50 PM
    You nee to take in to consideration, the ring and the ring to cage space, as other posters have said, how do you fit in your existing cage?

corsac and King Hippo like this.
  6. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    6:50 PM
    Gotta remember, the ring has thickness and there has to be some gap distance between the ring and where the cage starts. But I would go with the measure measurements for the cage. Just my opinion...

I think MM does modifications to devices though... and it is always easier to TAKE AWAY from a cage later... Just a thought.

corsac likes this.
  7. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    9:50 AM
    It’s not that scientific, comes down to personal preference for how much room you want to have. Penises are squishy, you could fit into a one inch length if you really wanted to. Good suggestion earlier, buy a couple of $20 cheapies of different lengths to try. The diameter of the base ring will be the critical thing to determine comfort.

King Hippo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice