question on comfort and fit

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by SubHubbyInChastity, Oct 11, 2018.

1. SubHubbyInChastity

SubHubbyInChastity submissive to @Mistress Good Wife

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    2:01 PM
    2 part question I suppose... I've had my Jailbird for almost 2 years. Longest I've worn it continuously without a break was about 4 months.

I have a MM Jailbird. Couldn't be happier with it! I followed the measuring instructions on their website, and subtracted a 1/2 inch for my order. When I'm normally flaccid it fits perfectly. However, after exercise or swimming (shrinkage), i'll have a good half in space at the end. So, does this mean it needs shortened?

Second, typically i sleep naked wearing just my Jailbird. Night time erections have become a pain, literally. Since the cage fits perfectly flaccid, when I become erect at night, the whole cage starts pulling away from my body. Does this mean I need a smaller base ring? On MM website it said that if you can get a finger under the ring (and no more) it's probably the right size. That's how it fits. Would it help to wear tight underwear to bed to help hold it in place?

Thanks in advance, and any info/help is greatly appreciated!

slavesw likes this.
  2. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    I don’t think that would help, mm base rings are fairly narrow in diameter, I think to lower the weight, but they get pulled down easily. I went with a smaller base ring and not only did it still get pulled down, but it stayed there.

I’ve had better luck with the cheap cages that had a thicker base ring. My custom rigid chastity also has a thick base ring and no pulling down.

Mm does make a double base ring, but it’s just two on top of each other, so I’m not sure if that would help or not, I didn’t get the double.

I’ve had more luck with the cheap steel ones than mm I’m afraid. They are a great company with high quality steel and great customer support though. I wish they would modernize their designs with some of the newer tech and ideas that have developed in the last 10 years. The post design is pointy, the screw gets loose, the lock has play in it so cage rotates, key and screw are not easy to manipulate in the heat of passion. They are a great company, but don’t be afraid to try some of the cheaper steel models available on Amazon etc, chances are you can find one in a different size that may fit just right for only 25-30 bucks.

Good luck

Rectrix likes this.
  3. slavesw

slavesw Long term member

United States, Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    The thing about the ring pulling down is all about the sizing, if the base ring is to big, its going to slide. i've been wearing a MM Jailbird for more than two months and have had no problems with rotation or it getting pulled down. Steel and a professionally fitted and custom build cage from MM will solve any problems. Get the sizing rings and don't be afraid to opt for the smaller ring in each measurement. MM will work with you if you have any questions or if there are sizing issues after you've purchased.

4. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Like I said, the size was right but on my anatomy, their base ring would slide down during erection, the only difference being with a tight ring it would stay slid down. Didn’t have that issue with a thicker base ring on the same size device. Everyone’s mileage may vary, these soft squishy bits are difficult to corral.

5. JD357

JD357 Member

Local Time:
    This may be a dumb question, but without a piercing of some type, can't you just pull your penis out the back of the device? Or do the custom cages fit so well that it prevents this?

6. slavesw

slavesw Long term member

Local Time:
    There really isn't any ball trap cage that isn't inescapable or not one that i'm aware of but a custom fitted and built cage like the Mature Metal Jailbird makes it very difficult and extremely uncomfortable. For me, it's just not worth the effort or the pain. If you do slide it out getting it back in and comfortably repositioned properly just isn't worth it. Plus, with chastity there's an element of trust that your key holder bestows in you and you should abide by, just like in every relationship there's a bit of give and take. If chastity is for you, you'll respect that trust and remain in control of the one you love and find bliss and happiness in that control.

rhodry04 and boisub like this.
  7. JD357

JD357 Member

Local Time:
    That's been my experience too in my limited experimentation. Before buying my first cheap device, I wondered how they could possibly prevent the wearer from just pulling out of them. Seeing photos of devices where the ring seemed to be firmly seated behind the penis made me think that maybe if it was tight enough, the bulge of the penis would prevent pulling it out. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case, at least for me.

The cost is the main barrier for me.

The thing is that I'm not with anyone now, and I've never had the courage to confess my fantasies to anyone, so it's all been just solo play.

I realize that it may not be possible without a piercing (which I don't have), but I find it really appealing to think that there's a device that once locked, I can only get out of it by unlocking it or destroying the device. And preferably, cutting it off would be as difficult or dangerous as possible to discourage trying it. The idea being that I could lock it on and then make the key unavailable for a set period of time (such as with a key safe and a KH service) and once I did that, I wouldn't be able to change my mind and would just have to endure it until the time was up.

Besides, I've always had a thing for inescapable bondage. BDSM videos where they just use quick-release snaps to attach the cuffs to something always seemed kind of lame to me. I know it's about power exchange, consensual fun, and so on, but I really like the idea that the sub literally can't get free until the dominant releases them, so escape-proof chastity is an extension of that. It feeds into the fantasy of someone being kept as an unwilling slave and makes it more real.

zorglub, slavesw and boisub like this.
  8. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    12:01 PM

Wish I could like this twice. It’s a perfectly succinct explanation of why you don’t have to have a piercing to live happily chaste in a ball trap device.

slavesw likes this.
  9. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    The way I look at it, the trade off is that in exchange for not having 100% inescapability, you get to be literally (in the literal sense) locked up in bondage 24/7 - every waking and sleeping hour of your life. To me that’s utterly intoxicating, and I wouldn’t mess with the feeling by trying to Free Willy just for a quick tug.

I would also like to have that last bit of control taken away, either via a piercing or a full belt, but if I “only” remain, unpierced, in my Jailbird, I’ll still be happy.

slavesw likes this.
  10. slavesw

slavesw Long term member

Local Time:
    Cost is always a concern but comfort, security and the long term benefit of steel sealed the deal for me.

11. JD357

JD357 Member

Local Time:
    I once made a play chastity device out of a thick plastic shower curtain ring with a small loop on top and an empty toilet paper roll with a hole to fit over the loop. It was then locked with a small padlock. Of course I could tear the tube right off and the whole thing was easily slid off. It only worked as long as I didn't intentionally remove it. On the one hand it inspired my fantasies, but on the other, I kind of felt silly pretending that it was truly locked on my genitals.

I want to be clear; I'm not putting down anyone else's views or experiences, I'm just trying to express my own. For me, the major appeal is literally having the choice taken away from me. If I can just remove my penis or the device any time I want, I might as well just tie a ribbon around it and pretend that it's a chastity device.

I'll give you another example; I wanted to try self-bondage, but just slapping on a pair of handcuffs or pretending to tie myself to the bed didn't do it for me because I could free myself any time I wanted. I would be standing/sitting/lying there telling myself "I'm tied up. I'm helpless." but the reality is that I wasn't, it was just pure fantasy.

Much better was using a chain to secure the handcuffs to something and locking it with a combination lock at night after turning out the lights. For better or worst, I'm then stuck until sunrise when there will be enough light to be able to see to unlock myself. I suppose some people will say that's taking an unacceptable risk because what if there's a fire or other catastrophe, and I admit that's a valid concern, but the feeling of literally not being able to free myself was much more gratifying than if I'd had an emergency light or the cuff keys within reach.

I can't help wondering why none of the metal device makers have ever tried any kind of clamp like The Vice. Something to help hold it in place without using spikes.

12. slavesw

slavesw Long term member

Local Time:
    The steel cages similar to a Mature Metal one are special ordered and fitted to fit you perfectly, there is a punishment pin option but if measured using MM sizing rings i don't think in necessary.

13. Michelle'sLockedBitch

self employed
    Tennessee
    Local Time:
    The VIce by Locked in Lust is unescapeable with the anti pull out rings....its not coming off!

14. JD357

JD357 Member

Local Time:
    I've been intrigued by the Vice ever since I first heard about it. Not sure how practical it would be to wear for long periods of time though, hygiene-wise.

Something I've been curious about; What happens when you get aroused while wearing it? Does the growing erection push the whole device away from the body with some of the erection pushing out the back of the cage? Or does the clamp grip the penis tightly enough that nothing can go backward and it's forced to try and get erect between the clamp and the end of the cage?

That is, assuming that you're large enough to fill the cage.

One thing I've been disappointed in with other devices is that as I get aroused, the whole device is pushed forward so that the ring is at least an inch up on my penis, rather than sitting at the base where it should be.

15. SubHubbyInChastity

SubHubbyInChastity submissive to @Mistress Good Wife

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    So, a little update. I've been working with MM for about a week (ever since posting this thread). We've determined that the diameter and length are a perfect fit. Sort of what I expected from following their very well written sizing guide on their website before I ordered.

I have experimented with tight underwear, and consciously keeping the cage pressed between my legs as I sleep. I've noticed that if I can keep the cage from moving, my night erections are not a problem. I think it all comes down to, if left alone, I'll start to get erect in the cage... then it starts sliding down, which allows me to become a little more erect, which moves it a little more, until i'm nearly fully erect (in length). The pain comes from the cage being the correct diameter, does not allow the shaft to swell up to "normal" girth.

I am leaning towards ordering a smaller base ring, or potentially a double base ring to possibly alleviate that issue.

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions!

16. Joey love

Joey love Long term member

Local Time:
    Just reading through and a couple of thoughts
    I went from a cheap ZCLianer to a Happygo cage both bought on Amazon totalling less than $50US with shipping. They’ve both been great for 24/7 wear throughout all activities. The ring is 13/4” and is delicate to get on but perfect once everything’s in place. Since it’s so snug I get no sliding down during erections but the pressure will wake me up and usually cured with a walk to the bathroom. My first cage had a 2” ring and I had the same problem of cage sliding down.
    I was self locked up until yesterday and never thought of escaping. I guess if I didn’t want to be in it I wouldn’t be in it. Now the key hangs on my wife’s mirror in free access to myself but I would never even think of taking it off.

MrMartini likes this.
  17. Arti_Rao

Arti_Rao Long term member

Local Time:
    11:31 PM
    Dear friends, want an advice.
    Presently I'm using the lock as in pic a273 with ring 40mm. It's giving me a pinch during night erection. Though slowly I'm adjusting to it.
    rBVaR1rQS_OABKNTAARIoj5RkYg775.jpg rBVaJFlfRLmAHEmlAAEysGQZbk4354.jpg
    After going through all the posts on smaller the better cages, I found the other online which just small enough. As in other pic(pic 2)

Please advice should I order this with ring 40 mm or with 45mm so that when cage is small the if little bigger it would be better or small cage with short ring will be more better.

18. Arti_Rao

Local Time:
    Dear friends, want an advice.
    Presently I'm using the lock as in pic a273 with ring 40mm. It's giving me a pinch during night erection. Though slowly I'm adjusting to it.
    View attachment 18519 View attachment 18520
    After going through all the posts on smaller the better cages, I found the other online which just small enough. As in other pic(pic 2)

Please advice should I order this with ring 40 mm or with 45mm so that when cage is small the if little bigger it would be better or small cage with short ring will be more better.

19. Joey love

Local Time:
    I went from 50mm to 45mm
    I get some discomfort from nighttime erections which I didn’t get with the 50mm. However the 50mm seemed to slide down especially during nighttime erections. I personally like the smaller ring better
    P.S. my happygo looks very similar to the A273 with the exception of a padlock vs screw. That may very well be my next purchase

20. Arti_Rao

Local Time:
    A273 is perfect otherwise.
    I just wanted a smaller cage to fit closer to my groin

21. Arti_Rao

Local Time:
    Can you show the pic of your happygo

22. Joey love

Local Time:
  23. Joey love

Local Time:
    I had some better pics but they wouldn’t upload

24. Joey love

Local Time:
    That was ordered through amazon

25. Arti_Rao

Local Time:
    Yeah it's almost like a273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice