Question for measurements

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by locked_fox, Aug 19, 2010.

1. locked_fox

locked_fox Pet Fox

Local Time:
    2:44 AM
    Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie to the chastity scene, but I ordered the BON 4 and I must say it's quite nice. However, I'm having difficulty deciding which ring I should use. I have tried the medium but it was very easy to take off even while locked, and the small seems to be a bit too tight, or I could just be a bit paranoid from my previous (bad) experiences with cock rings. For those who don't know offhand, the ring sizes are about 41 (sm) and 47 (med) in diameter, or approx. 127mm and 145mm in circumference. I measured around the base of my genitals a few different ways to see what the results were, all at about 130 - 135mm.

Unfortunately BON 4 does not really provide any real instructions other than 'chose your size.'

What would be the smallest size I could wear comfortably without risking damage, just so I know if the size would be appropriate. Thanks!

(p.s. I did try the search, but I'm not very good with it. turned up far too many results)

2. somwguy335

somwguy335 Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:44 AM
    Do you know the circumference of the large ring? These are the measurements I can't seem to find anywhere through all my research! So thanks for posting those

When measuring around the base I have to hold the measuring tape extremely tight and I can get it to 145mm. I'm wondering if the larger ring is significantly bigger or what. Is there enough stretch to the ring when putting it on that it gets much bigger than that, and it's just the plastic strap which holds it to that circumference?

You said the medium sized ring was easy to get off while you had it on, but was it easy to get it back on without taking the whole device apart? I as long as you are unable to do that you should be fine, as that would be the proof that you were able to remove the device.

3. locked_fox

locked_fox Pet Fox

Local Time:
    The large ring is, I believe, 52mm in diameter. The BON4 website does have the sizes listed, but yes, they are a bit hard to find. This should put the circumference at about 160mm. I believe the linear increasing of size by diameter is a bit of an oversight on the part of the companies, as most men's cocks wouldn't be exponentially bigger, or at least enough to justify this anyways. -shrug-

And, no, the ring does not stretch because of the band, as you suggested. The silicon itself is quite strong and doesn't allow for much or any stretching to compensate for any swelling due to increased blood flow / erections anyways. I tried just the rings at first to see how they would fit.

I believe I could have put it on fairly easily, yes. Would have taken a bit of effort and lube but nothing unmanageable.

Ultimately I am looking for safety here, as I mentioned, I have had a close call so I am playing it on the safe side this time, but I understand there are always risks.

4. locked_fox

locked_fox Pet Fox

Local Time:
    Well, I've braved it out with a little encouragement from my mistress and so far the small ring seems to be okay. Just a bit of discomfort from tugging when I have an erection. But I have a more relevant question, my balls do get cold when I do get an erection, could this be a sign of problems? I will probably post another thread to try and get a prompt opinion on this.

5. somwguy335

somwguy335 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Interesting... I just measured my current locking cock cage and it's most comfortable at the setting closest to 160mm, which would be the largest ring of the Bon4. Of course it's a leather strap, so maybe it would be easier to fit into a smaller ring being able to use lubrication which our current one does not (we have to use a stocking to fit into it as it is.

So if the ring doesn't stretch at all, then what is the point of the strap that holds it all in place? I understand it holds the front of the cage on. I just assumed that the ring had a little give to it to put it on, and then the plastic strap prevented it from stretching any bigger to remove it. It just seems that any ring you can slide on you could just as easily slide off.

I've been very curious about the Bon4 since my GF said she wanted to use a silicone device that was more comfortable for me.

6. locked_fox

locked_fox Pet Fox

Local Time:
    I believe they basically only had silicon in mind for its ability to make sure it will go undetected at airport security, and for the comfort option. It has /some/ give, but, I don't think that any give in the size of the base ring is necessarily a good thing because it would allow for the device to be removed. I will say, the BON 4 is a bit on the bulky side, and does have a wide (or deep) base ring.

I think part of what secures it is the cage itself, because the size and nature of it, prevents the testes from moving around and being pulled through, ideally. Of course this isn't the case 100% of the time as practice with any device shows. I'm very very curious to try personally the Birdlocked and see how it compares comfort and security wise. I am aware they have been linked to some underhanded business practices, but, unfortunately I would still want their product.

But, on the size again, ideally I believe you should be able to wear the ring comfortably, even put it on with lube, and not really need to stretch the ring to put it on. I tried both medium and small rings without actually having to stretch my way into them. And yes, in a way it does prevent stretching but it really is not purposed objectively for that.

7. somwguy335

somwguy335 Junior Member

Local Time:
    I got it now. So even though it's easy to slip the ring on, the space between the cage and ring once the cage is locked on is so small that it prevents the testicles from being pulled through. I guess even on the 160mm setting I have been able to slip the device off but the testicles are still trapped in the ring and it makes it impossible for me to slip the device back on.

You'll have to give your impressions after wearing it for a few days. I've been very interested in purchasing a Bon4, but my my GFs biggest concern so far is comfort. She has not wanted to use anything hard metal or plastic on me for longer than 24 hours because she thinks it hurts me.

8. locked_fox

locked_fox Pet Fox

Local Time:
    That I will do. Send me a message on Friday (when I will be unlocked) and I will give you a full rundown on my thoughts on the device if you would like. And or I will post a thread. o;

9. somwguy335

somwguy335 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Any update on how it's gone after a week?

If it's positive I think I'm going to go ahead and finally purchase it. It's on sale a little (for $130) at Extreme Restraints, and it comes with some other free goodies! If my GF doesn't want something looks like it will hurt me, I guess it's this one or nothing at all anyway...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice