Question about looker

Discussion in 'Steelworxx' started by alien182, Apr 29, 2016.

1. alien182

alien182 Member

Local Time:
    8:08 AM
    Hi, new to this sight so this question may have been answered. from what I understand steelworxx measurement includes the gap. I noticed a lot of the lookers people post for sale seem to be short even including the gap. are they suppose to be smaller? I looked at the steelworxx website and was a little confused by the measurements help page. If there is a good thread that discuses this please send me in the right direction. Thanks

2. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    12:08 PM
    Hi alien,

Hope you're still around to see this as you posted it a while ago.

Although it doesn't specifically mention Steelworxx or the Looker range, PansyTart's measuring system for custom-fit devices, pinned to the main Mall forum is a good starting point for the hows and whys of measuring up for a custom device.

Also, there's nothing like you're own experience for finding out what does and doesn't work for you, so if you don't have one already, maybe get a relatively cheap device like a CB6000/6000s (or similar eBay-sourced knock-off) and try out the different ring sizes, spacers and - if you can go the extra expense - cage lengths. You can then translate these dimensions to a custom device, with a little tweaking.

That's basically what I did (along with a fair amount of wrapping string round my bits and measuring the results!), and my Looker 01 arrived last week. I posted a fair bit of detail about my measuring process and ordering experience here, but am looking (ha!) to start a new thread in this sub-forum about my experiences, as these sort of questions come up a lot. Obviously a custom device is a significant investment for most of us.

I'm easing myself into the wearing of the Looker (a rigid metal device with a fixed urethral insert isn't the kind of thing you can rush into long-term wear with!), so haven't had it on for extended periods yet, but I've very pleased with how it's turned out.

However, I agree that Steelworxx's site can be a little confusing regarding sizing, and I only got the correct guidance when I contacted Dietmar (the owner/engineer) directly - to cut to the chase: yes, the overall length of a Looker should be pretty short, shorter, in fact, that your measured flaccid length.

Cienna

Jasmic68 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice