Queen’s Keep vs Jail Bird

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Shepherdsflock, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    4:26 PM
    I was wondering if anyone could explain the pros and cons of Queen’s Keep vs Jail Bird. I am really up in the air over which to choose. I think the Queen’s Keep looks slightly more elegant, but aside from aesthetics, I can’t tell if daily wear or fit would be different with one vs the other.

2. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    Also, if anyone could give opinions on round vs oval base rings, I would appreciate it. I have been using a Holy Trainer for the last three years and it has an oval ring, so that is the only frame of reference I have.

3. inhershoes

inhershoes Long term member

Denver, CO
    Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I owned the Queens Keep for about 3 years and really liked it. What I didn't like about it was the ring at the head of the tube. Looks nice on but under pants it just showed to easily. I liked how the ring at the top was smooth and not a ring but help more.
    I ended up ordering from them the Pet Trap. It is very smooth, open design and looks good under clothing. I know that wasn't your question, but just some advice from me

4. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    3:26 PM
    Both the QK and the JB have that ring near the tip. I’ve never thought of it as particularly visible, but maybe it would be for some people’s anatomy.

What I really like about it, though, is that it’s constantly resting on one spot across the top of my glans. I can always feel the slight stimulation of it sitting there, but it never changes or moves around. It’s just always there at the edge of my consciousness, like an itch that can’t be scratched. It totally focuses the sensation of denial into that one place.

5. jim48

jim48 Long term member

Retired
    las vegas, NV US
    Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I have never tried the Queen's keep. I went with the Jailbird which was less expensive. Also got the oval rings. The oval base ring is very comfortable. Never tried the round one. You can't go wrong with either cage. I personally would get the oval base ring.

6. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    I have had two Jailbirds, one with a round and one with an oval ring. Preferred the oval for comfort. The open design of the JB makes it easy to clean while caged and it seems very light. So perfect for longterm wear without the need for any removal at all.

7. janders6

janders6 Trying to work it

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    I am a QK wearer. The decision was made based on appearance mainly. I did like the base of the cage better, it appeared more flat with less access for shaft stimulation. I have not found it to be showing under all but the tightest of pants, sized right it isn't a whole lot larger than when semi-erect while unlocked (and I wish I would have gotten it about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter.

As for round or oval ring, I went with ival based on my experience with round rings of the CB-x series. For me, your experience maydiffer, the oval ring doesn't twist as much.

8. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    Being such an open design, does it do much to prevent orgasms?

9. SubHubbyInChastity

SubHubbyInChastity submissive to @Mistress Good Wife

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    I have a Jailbird and love it! Got the over ring for the same reasons as mentioned above, comfort. If you have ANY questions at all, your best bet is to email them directly. They have top notch customer support! As for preventing orgasms? You're completely unable to stroke. Yeah it's open, but not enough for you to manually stimulate yourself. However, with a nice vibrator (Magic Wand), orgasms are easily attained. But I would imagine that's the case with ANY cage.

MacKenzie1518 likes this.
  10. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    Thanks for sharing your experience. This is pretty important for us and I appreciate you sharing that. My wife hates messes of any kind, and an accidental orgasm and subsequent ejaculation is something she does not enjoy at all. She wants to be free to touch me down there and not worry about any accidents.

11. emm

emm Member

Vic Australia
    Local Time:
    7:26 AM
    I have both the QK & PT, I found the PT side bars catch the foreskin and is quite painful ..
    I stopped wearing the PT, and stayed with the QK ..

12. SubDee

SubDee Long term member

Rhode Island
    Local Time:
    I have a queens keep and I’m sensitive on the bottom of the shaft.
    The QK has much less space because of the thickness of the steel on that first ring.
    I think it is much harder to orgasm than a jailbird would be.
    I don’t have a JB but I have cages that are more open on the bottom like the JB.
    I think that thicker first ring on the QK goes a long way in making it harder to have a caged orgasm.
    I can do it first thing in the morning but as the day goes on it gets harder to create enough stimulation for me to get off. I will usually give up.

13. gymgenius

gymgenius Active member

UK
    Local Time:
    I’ve had two JBs first with an oval ring but my current one has a round ring which I much prefer. I feel the round ring gives a much tighter and more secure fit around ‘things’ and it just feels so much more comfortable and secure.

14. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    oldgrad and Jammy like this.
  15. Deleted member 104385

I was in your place about a year or so ago. I went with the queens keep device or I should say I bought two of them since I ordered wrong the first time around and the cage was way too small. (Maybe I can use it later in life if there is major shrinkage lol) anyways I like the look of the cage better, I likes that it was not as open as the jail bird. I ordered it with two base rings in oval just different sizes to make sure I had one that would be closest to what I thought I needed. Anyways what ended up being the out come was that I don't even wear it. The oval rings were too big and a loud for too much movement, the gap was off and a loud the entire device to rotate to my right almost 90 degrees from just 10 min of wear. I had eventually sent it back and had the make the rings round, and adjust the gap so one side had more than the other (which they said would help fight against the rotating) and I had them upgrade it to accept security screws instead of pad locks. I actually just got it back a bout a week ago. With both rings the device doesn't rotate much anymore, with the smaller ring it doesn't at all. Unfortunately now I ran into a new set of issues that I am once again forced to either send back for more adjustments or try to adjust it myself (which they did give me directions on how to do) it is just frustrating with time and cost invested to get it right. My new set of issues are ball burning so the gap is still off, and now with the smaller ring (which is actually the better fitting of the rings) my skin bunches up on the right upper side between the cage and base rings, and if I sleep in the cage it is hot or miss of it leave a bruise on my penis itself which I think is the upper gap being too small and the first ring of the cage being made with flat bar instead of round bar.
    So I am faced with another choice. Do I spend more money and send it back off for more adjustments, try to do it myself, or call tine of death foe this cage cut my losses and move on and try a different cage and manufacturer?

That being said I have heard many wonderful review about mature metal. And they're work is really good craftsmanship wise and they have great customer service as well, and their prices are thsr bad for a custom cage.

I think if I did it all over again I would start with the cheapest cage, definitely get my measurements right, fine tune that and then maybe down the road and then get a different design or the one I wanted to begin with.

Word to wise If you don't know your measurements it might be best to buy a cheap cage off Amazon for under 100 bucks and see how it fits cage wise inside diameter base ring etc and then using your knowledge from that experience you'll be in the ball park for your measurements when you order.

16. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    After much measuring, I ordered a cage from Amazon to try. It seemed to be close, so I ordered sizing rings from MM to fine tune the fit. I’ll find out how I did later this weekend.

Deleted member 104385 likes this.
  17. Deleted member 104385

Def can't go wrong with having a set of sizing rings for now and future use. What would be nice is sizing rings in different shapes ie oval, ergonomic etc. Good luck. Hope it works out for you

The Queens consort likes this.
  18. Deleted member 109631

I have a queen s keep. Thinking about getting a jail bird. Like you I liked how visually pleasing it looked. For the most part it is comfortable once you get the fit right. My only negative is that the opening of the cage is flat metal bar, vs a round bar like the jail bird. The flat bar has left bruises on my skin, where as cages that have around bar used to make the opening of the cage (with the same gap, inside diameter, length etc) doesn't leave marks or bruising over time.

I have even noticed that red chili from France has changed the design of one of their cages that uses flat bar and incorporated round bar to it by welding it to the flat bar so that the entrance of the cage is not as abrupt as it would be. The round bar almost makes it smooth of an opening than the flat bar design. Not sure if that makes sense but here is a link to the page so you can see what I mean.

https://cage-de-chastete.com/en/produit-test/

hardbodysub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice