Psychoanalysis and/or Psychotherapy for Chastity and/or Sissies?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Eliza, Jul 5, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Eliza

Eliza Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:02 PM
    Hello.

I haven't been practicing chastity and crossdressing for some months now. Part shame and part desire to avoid becoming mentally unstable by practicing such a 'deviant' lifestyle drove me away. Plus, beeing horny all the time made it very difficult for me to work. Chastity and feminization is nearly all I could think about. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. This way, my fetishes seemed to impact my 'real' life. Wether the impact is objectively negative or the 'real me' and just painful and lonely I can't decide.

Since beginning of this month I'm back to chastity again. It feels great, so intense and I like it a lot (even though - of course - the urge to cum is getting close to unbearable) So I've been wondering. I need to get my mind straight on this. Either I want it or I don't. Part of this decision is exploring what professionals have to say. Here are my questions to you:

Have some of you been to a psychotherapist and talked about your desires? What did they say? I doubt that from a mental health point of view each case can be too different from the other. We are quite a big community... We have to have something in our brains, minds and experiences in common.

Does someone know about scientific literature on this matter? Especially the pschoanalytic take on this would be most interesting. Did Freud ever write about this kind of thing?

I would greatly appriciate your take on this.

I know, there has been a thread along the lines "Do I need therapy?" before... But I know that's to broad and general a question. I'd like to discuss the mental health side of our fetish a little deeper... And not necessarily my case in particular. But I offer myself to this topic and you as good as I can ;)

Thanks!
    xxx
    Eli

2. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    12:02 PM
    I've talked with counselors about my kinks. Usually not in detail, but more in general terms.

The key is to develop your relations ship and understand that they're working for you. The goal is to have them help you to achieve your goals.

In my case, it could be working through a specific problem, or more generally working on ways to improve my life.

So figure out what talking about your kinks is going to achieve, and what you hope to get from the discussion. My experience is that if you do this you won't get the conversation you want but rather one that helps you think through what you're doing and how to make changes to positively impact your life.

Fyi I view my kinks as part of me. So when I've discussed them, it's been about their impact, how I can deal with frustrating aspects and how they relate to my relationships. I'm not looking to be told to stop, or to be judged.but rather how to manage them in ways to add more enjoyment to my life.

I'm not sure if this helps any but just remember your counselor is there to help you. Help them help you and don't be afraid to let them know what you want.

3. Argentus

Argentus Active member

Health Care
    Boston
    Local Time:
    12:02 PM
    Sometimes the desires provide the therapy. Honestly, I'm in control of so much in my life. I have to be. I have to be a good dad. I have to stand firm so that my son learns about life in the real world, when his mom lets him do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. I have to manage my team at work, make sure things get done right. I have to budget and cook and maintain the yard. My wife does a ton, too, but honestly, I feel like all I do is take control during daytime hours. I think my willingness to give her control of such an important part of my life is, in a big part, a way to both have relief from having to make the big decisions, and also to keep me grounded and not let me feel like I'm always in control of everything. It's almost refreshing, and yes, nerve wracking at the same time, when she decides that I don't get release for longer periods, but, well, almost everyone here knows that it's fun, too, in a deliciously twisted sort of way. I don't feel guilty. I don't need therapy. Chastity is therapy.

Rectrix, Giles_English and NsToy like this.
  4. Mastrovenice

Mastrovenice Member

Los Angeles
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:02 AM
    I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet. Not too many people 'need' therapy but a great many of us would benefit from it. Therapy with a good practitioner can help you understand your needs and desires, but will unlikely ever 'cure' you of said personality traits. Interview your doc though, as many are only marginally experienced in the art of 'kink shrinking'. BTW most therapist will not really use a Freudian approach as the practice and theory has advanced since his time.

Your kinks are the real you. Denying one's desires has a way of making them come back stronger. Make peace with who you are. If your behavior becomes a problem (missed work, relationships afoul, self-destructive activities, etc) then a therapist can help you understand how addiction and sex can intersect and what to do to moderate it. If you have a life partner sharing is key. My slave and I see a therapist regularly to help balance our lives. We have been lucky to find an excellent doc and she has helped us work through many kink-related issues.

This is a wide and deep topic and people will have a variety of views.

M

boisub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice