Poll:Should there be a BS button alongside Like

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by borbulls1961, Feb 28, 2021.

?

Should there be a BULLSHIT button next to the LIKE

Poll closed Mar 7, 2021.
  1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    42.6%
Random Thread
  1. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    3:15 AM
    We’re glad you’re “that guy”, Tom. :+1:

Breathe and borbulls1961 like this.
  2. Mrloched

Mrloched Long term member

West yorkshire
    Local Time:
    7:15 AM
    Im been a jerk to prove a point, still,not nice is it. How does it look to new members ?

3. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    12:15 AM
    No.

Learn how to filter and decide if something you read is legit. This is a skill everyone needs to develop. Learn for yourself, what seems real and what is concocted by a bot or a troll. Yes, we get a lot of fantasy. Yet, we have trusted members that exceed any fantasy most of us might dream up. And due to the amount of time they have been present, I trust they are legitimate. Over time, phonies can’t maintain the illusion of legitimacy.

Don’t fall into the trap of letting others decide what is real for you.

4. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    I’m trying to decide which, “that”, guy applies. My fantasies are still trying to catch up to you. Or, are you really you?

5. gary170

gary170 Long term member

NZ
    Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    Just easier to click out of it if the subject is not to your liking :)

Matt110 and Suewiang like this.
  6. Juan.

Juan. Long term member

Computer engineer
    Spain
    Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    Not at all, pages that have some kind of downvote are worst in my opinion that if they didnt have it

I am going to put an example, i use reddit for work, technical stuff and things like that in the subreddits, i cant care less about the likes but even that many times i simply dont answer many things because i know for a fact that is not going to be popular and i dont want to see the outcome, again, i cant care less and likes there worth nothing but as you can see it has an efect on how i behave, less technical answer is equal to bad things as the less info you have the less optimal decision you will make

You can bet it will happen the same here and it the last thing the forum needs, mods do an awesome job so if you think whatever report the text and let others jugde if it is a trol or something

Suewiang likes this.
  7. Gadlo

Gadlo Active member

Central Europe
    Local Time:
    If you want to boost a toxicity in a community... of course there needs to be a bs button. But if it should stay a healthy nice and friendly environment it should not...

8. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Definitely no. Its clear Ms. LUCY realizes that such an approach has little redeeming value and would only create more negative interactions. Let's keep CM a positive space for chastity and FLR discussions.

9. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    lol - My life isn't nearly as exciting as you think. We almost never discuss my being locked, unless we're having sex. And with a child still living at home, the Covid means she's not out with her friends very often, so our opportunities for that have gone down to about once a week.

The rest of our week is pretty ordinary.

borbulls1961 likes this.
  10. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    No one yet has addressed the reason that the Poll was set up in the first place. I never seriously wanted a bullshit button, it was a facetious comment about the way that unverified females are treated on the site compared to males.

11. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    But there's a difference. Usually when the unverified "women" show up, they are self described dommes looking to lock some boi in chastity, etc. etc. To me, they are no more real than the findommes that show up on my Tumblr posts looking for a sincere slave to serve them... oh, and to send them money.

When guys come onto the forum, some are sincerely asking questions, some are answering questions, but usually they are here for some kind of support. The "chastity dommes" are not. Mocking them is not hypocritical.

Ormaz and borbulls1961 like this.
  12. borbulls1961

borbulls1961 Madame Vanilla's property

Almost retired business owner
    France
    Local Time:
    The first day of polling shows its neck and neck, the No's are leaving more comments...

13. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This is confusing because we already have a sticky thread going on the subject, plus it shows up elsewhere once in a while.

Simply put, a BS button will do absolutely nothing, except perhaps make the button pusher feel good for a minute, and that would apply to anyone who posts - you , me, findommes, newbs, whatever.

Jack In A Cage likes this.
  14. Neith

Neith Active member

Florida
    Local Time:
    I said no. I’ll tell you why. So far, everything I have posted is truth. If there was BS button on my stuff and people hit it, it wouldn’t make me feel as part of this community anymore. I’d probably just leave. I come here to learn and share. I came here thinking this could be the last place that would judge me for my less than societal compliance to how life should be approached.
    Who are we to judge? So many others in this word could judge us.

The other part of my thoughts are that fantasy is the first step into reality. We dream things up and then choose to cross a line into reality. Bam! Why stop someone from reaching the reality point with your judgement?

Its ugly to me to see such a diverse niche group with the same mast judgmental ways as the rest of this world.

If my wife chooses to join here and is met with the same responses as this last woman. We will be out of here. The community seems toxic the more I read and it’s ugly. You’re going to lose real people with toxicity. Trolls ruin a community and this button is nothing more than a troll button.

Cant even believe it’s being discussed in a group thats this far from societal norms asking everyone to not judge them for their kinks. It’s hypocritical and ugly.

15. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    When the question first came up a few months ago my initial reaction was “yes”. But it only took a few minutes of thinking for me to decide that was not a good idea. Most of the members writing their rationale for “no” above me have done a very good job articulating what I was thinking, so I won’t repeat. Filtering anything and everything you read online is a good life skill. I’d much prefer a community that was positive and supportive, and non judgmental. Plus, just because it sounds unbelievable to me does not mean that in the BILLIONS of people in this world, the story isn’t possible.

Just don’t comment on the ones you think are BS. The lack of feedback will drop those posts down the list pretty quickly while ones that create conversation will rise.

Suewiang and Juan. like this.
  16. Guest 6019

Local Time:
    I may be naive, and perhaps I will feel the same over time, but it seems unfair to me. Perhaps if I was single and interested in other women that would be a different matter as well, but I want nothing, except support, from any gender here, so have no physical agenda.

borbulls1961 likes this.
  17. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I think it's unfair that fake findommes prey on men who would love to have an actual relationship. ;-)

Seriously, it's not a matter of anything being *fair*; the few women who do show up here asking questions or looking for support who are *not* findoms are ge really treated well.

Ormaz likes this.
  18. Guest 6019

Local Time:
    I do get where you're coming from. I don't want that sort of thing for anyone. Nothing beats a real relationship.

19. Jack In A Cage

Jack In A Cage Member is caged

Self-employed
    New York
    Local Time:
    I completely agree. There is always going to be people posting fantasy. Just ignore it.....The problem with a "bullshit" button, it will get abused.

Suewiang and LesterBallard like this.
  20. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    The sad thing is like I’ve said already is it tends to be those that are living in a fantasy world and are full of it that call others out to hide there own failings. I fully agree with the points you make also as like you say we are involved in a often taboo part of society already and join places like this to chat and feel at home. Your points also are exactly why my own lady doesn’t come on these kind of sites ever herself other than to check upon me that is.

Jack In A Cage and 1mlockedup like this.
  21. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    2:15 AM
    Agreed. Get over yourselves. You don't like something, don't read it.

22. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    2:15 AM

Unverified females on this site are no more likely or less likely to be "real" than are the males. (all of whom are "unverified" in a sense.)

23. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    I support the idea, but it's not without problems.

"bullshit" can mean that I simply disagree with you, not necessarily that I think you are presenting fantasy as factual. The name of the button should be narrowly defined so that it's clearly calling something fantasy fap material. I'm not sure what that label would be, but "bullshit" is too broad to work.

borbulls1961 likes this.
  24. Matt110

Matt110 Active member

United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It doesnt bother me, some people need a place to get things off their chest, just dont be a keyboard warrior and abuse people

Suewiang and borbulls1961 like this.
  25. Guest 6019

Local Time:
    Funny how a flippant comment can take off and have a life of it's own. Meme theory. I think a Bullshit/dislike button would be a dreadful idea. We really don't know, though we may have suspicions, what is real and what is not, who is and who is not. Are we all living in a computer simulation? But that is the point, we don't know what someone else is going through, whether they get a thrill or comfort, feel lonely and just need to connect. If someone is posting fantasy because that is their only outlet then I feel empathy. We all do it to some degree, but if there is no physical activity, I can see how people get to that point in their lives. Positive reinforcement has to be the best option for peace, understanding, empathy and politeness. But then where do you stop. Ban sarcasm? We're all adults, can we not handle a bit of criticism? If I say "bollocks" have I not got that right to express that opinion? Should the adults offended by the said "bollocks" grow a pair and agree to disagree? I'm torn on this issue I must say.

borbulls1961 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice