Pinching Pins Cheap Chinese Cage

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by CamH, Oct 17, 2019.

1. CamH

CamH Member

New England USA
    Local Time:
    12:45 PM
    I am a part time self locker and have a fairly comfortable fit using the Cheap Cage I bought off Amazon. But when I start to extend my lock time I find that i am getting pinched by one of the pins that go into the holes on the base ring. The problem appears to be that the cylinder allows the cage to move just enough so the pins work in and out.. that causes me to get pinched. only on one side.
    so what is the solution?
    do I just need to chamfer the holes? or polish them smooth?
    I am thinking to just cut the pins off and use just the lock cylinder to position the cage to the ring. I'm not sure if the cylinder is up to the stress of me sleeping on my stomach. or just normal pushing and pulling.
    I was thinking about filling bottom so the cage doesn't shift around but then that makes the Cylinder hard / impossible to install.

I did try putting some small collars on the pins but that just moved the pinch point from the pin in the hole to the collar and the ring. I might have put the collars to close to the ring. (sorry I don't have a picture of that right now)

Anyone else experience this and how did you solve it?

thanks in advance Cam H

PS is it wrong for me to be jealous that the pin is getting more action than I am? maybe that's why I want it to stop..

51SMyqhPGcL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

51SMyqhPGcL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

2. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:
    I have one similar to this in functionality but not shape. At first I thought the pins were pinching me but discovered that it wasn't actually the pins but the "hinge" (idk what to call it) where the lock goes. This only happens when I put it on though. If it is actually the pins maybe you could try some sort of epoxy or something to fill the gap. The cheap and easy solution might be electrical tape. I would think if you closed that gap there would be less pinching but from what you said maybe that is not the case. I would not cut the pins of I really don't think the cage would last long without them. These things are usually so cheap though it probably wouldn't be a big deal. If you do just make sure you get it really smooth. Of course investing in a nicer cage will probably solve the problem. Still going to be uncomfortable no matter what. Just be glad you aren't forced to wear one of those ones with spikes in them.

3. CamH

CamH Member

New England USA
    Local Time:
    For me I've got 3 rings and 2 cages some are the "ergonomic " In the picture some not jus about every combination pinches in the same spot on my left sack right where the pin goes into the hole I've wiggled the cage and I'm pretty convinced it's the pin in the hole causing me problems
    I've tried bending them but the root problem appears to be to much clearance
    I've measured it and it's abou .5 of a mm and that's just enough to create a pinch spot
    Part of me thought my skin would just toughen up but it wasn't
    I guess I could take this as the lesson it is. You get what you pay for
    But I'm happy to have an idea on sizeing if I do go forward and spend more $$

4. CamH

CamH Member

New England USA
    Local Time:
    I figured I would update this situation. I had some free time in my workshop today and I took the most comfortable cage ring and worked on them. what I did was look at WHY the pins where moving in and out. and I think I have a fix. I realized that the cage and ring pivot around the lock cylinder it as I really looked at it. there was a good gap one the "C" shaped portion where the tab of the lock goes in. ( actually the pins and springs for the lock are in there ) on both the ring and the cage.

So i took them one at a time and carefully squeezed them closed on the lock "tang" I did the cage first and it was springing back so I took the leap and did it free hand. i got it so the lock fit but did not wiggle.

I took the cage and one squeeze on the lock and it was stuck. a bit of careful prying and i got it out and spread to fit nicely.

been on a test run now and I can report is a totally different experience

time will tell if thishelps

sissybitch likes this.
  5. CamH

CamH Member

New England USA
    Local Time:
    More Time in the cage update
    Well the report is go my previous lock ups where measured in hours (50) was my best I’m now at 3+ days with no discomfort feeling pretty good about longer term wear

I am thinking about going ahead and getting some 2 letter-weld metal epoxy and filling the holes because there’s still some movement and I’m not sure how permanent my adjustment to the “C” s. Will be

Double entendre alert
    If my pin doesn’t get to go in and out of holes
    Then the cages pins can’t go in and out ether

6. Gigaman

Gigaman Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    I have the same problem with one cage. I found that if I slide a small piece of electronics shrink tubing over the pins and then heat it with a lighter it shrinks around and effectively increases the diameter of the pin. It happened to work for that cage and fit the hole nicely in the ring. If you take the cage on and off a lot the shrink tubing need to be replaced every few times. But it’s a cheap way out without modifications.

7. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    Over the last few years, I have had several cages/rings as shown in your picture. Because my balls are high and tight I have always wanted more space between the base ring and cage, which results in lowering the pressure on the ball sack and increasing comfort. With every one of these style cages, I have cut the pins off and sanded the cage side smooth. Then bent the cage outward as far as possible without breaking the tab for the lock. It works fine. I have not had any issues with the cages afterwards. I do not bother filling the holes, it serves no purpose once removing the pins. There will be lots more play in the cage/ring combination. So be aware of that. But it never bothered me. The pins serve to minimize that play and keep things locked down as it were. One final comment, after removing the pins, your skin is likely to come more into contact with the bottom of the locking mechanism, and that could become a new pinch point. I just lived with that, it wasnt too bad for me. You can manipulate that area a little as well to minimize pinching there too. good luck.

8. CamH

CamH Member

New England USA
    Local Time:
    Isn’t anatomy interesting I find it strange it’s always my left side that’s getting pinched
    I know I’m not symmetrical as left testes is the low hanger so I just assume there’s also more sack on that side
    I was thinking about just cutting it off (the pin that is)
    Well I’m comfortably locked up right now I will see how long I can go. I’ve missed most of loc-tober. But I’m thinking I’ll be ready for NOvember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice