Picking the right piercing

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by PuellaPurpurea, Feb 27, 2023.

1. PuellaPurpurea

Local Time:
    11:07 AM
    Hey all! Longtime but intermittent keyholder here, seeking nothing but the best care for her boy.

My partner and I have been on and off the chastity train for years, trying to find a ball trap device that doesn't make him unsexily miserable (so far the Cherry Keeper is barely winning). However, in the long term, we are hoping for a more permanent solution that utilizes a piercing, to really feel like a piece of body jewelry.

My boy is completely unpierced at this time and understandably reluctant to modify his body permanently unless we're sure it will come out just right. However, despite all our research, we're struggling to decide between a PA or a frenum piercing. Here's what we've determined so far.

Pros of the frenum piercing/cons of the PA:
    • We like how it looks better. PAs seem to be more highly recommended for circumcised individuals, and since my boy is uncircumcised, a PA on him would be off-center, which is annoying. The frenum doesn't have that problem, and at least one source suggests that it's more popular with uncircumcised men anyway.
    • The frenum will never leak in the restroom like a PA might, allowing my boy to use a urinal worry-free.
    • The frenum is shallow, non-invasive, and recommended for beginners.
    Pros of the PA/cons of the frenum piercing:
    • The PA is a much firmer anchor for a chastity device. Where a frenum is more sensitive and weaker to wear and tear, a PA can take a (relative) beating.
    • The PA is the piercing type most commonly accommodated in devices, giving us the most options to try. Frenum piercing options are quite limited—we've only reliably been able to confirm Badass Workroom, Evotion, and Lori as options, and their reviews are frustratingly mixed—but there are countless PA options on the market.
    Other preferences and details about our situation:
    • We are not interested in getting him circumcised.
    • We are not interested in an ampallang or apadravya.
    • Ideally the device would still be a ball trap style, rather than a glans cap style, to limit erections.
    • Our preferred locking mechanism is a security screw.
    • Ideally this would be a metal piece to match our other body jewelry.
    Can anyone with one or both of these piercings speak to the options listed here and their pros and cons in the chastity sphere? Ex. Would a frenum be a fair gamble to try first, or are the drawbacks not worth it? Is the urine leakage of a PA manageable at a urinal with the right technique, or do you always sit down? How much of a difference does metal vs nonmetal make on the different piercings? Additionally, if you know of any frenum piercing devices that we may have missed, we'd love to hear about them!

Thank you for reading!

Danny15 likes this.
  2. LockedTxHubby

LockedTxHubby Active member

Texas
    Local Time:
    1:07 PM
    I have a Evotion Orion secured with a frenum piercing for almost 5 years with no problems other than the first year sizing up. Pierced at 14g which is far to small. Once I got to a 10g everything was stable. Very secure and comfortable.

3. MSDB321

MSDB321 Long term member

Lincs UK
    Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    I had a frenum piercing but it migrated out. Then I got a PA, absolutely no problem. I have had it for many years and it is now about 8mm. I can now leave it out for weeks and the hole does not heal up. So if I want to, I can stand up to pee with 2 separate streams. With a ring in, I have to sit down because the ring makes the stream go around the ring and can end up anywhere!

I was circumcised when I had my PA piercing but the remnants of my frenulum were still present so the piercing was done off center. Evotion can place the pin off center so it is not a problem.

I have only warn a chastity device with my PA piercling so cant comment on that versus a frenum piercing.

I would recommend going straight for a PA. Yes the urine leakage with a PA chastity device at a urinal is manageable, I get 2 streams reasonably close together. There are now pins with a hole through them in line with the urethra so that probably cuts down secondary leakage.

I have only had metal pins in my chastity cages. So cant comment on plastic ones.

If you don't get a ball trap device then make sure the shaft ring in a shaft/glans device is reasonably tight so not too much weight is put on the piercing.

4. Pieterchaste

Pieterchaste Long term member

Engineering
    South Holland, Netherlands
    Local Time:
    7:07 PM
    I have a PA.. overtime, stretched to 8m.
    I’m uncircumcised.

The actual procedure wasn’t even that painful. Just one quick sting and done!
    Actually, a PA is also considered a “beginner” piercing. Seems to be less painful as a nipple piercing.
    The advantage of it being in the ruïne stream is that the urine, being anti septic when leaving the body helps the healing process. For me that was about two weeks in total.

we both like the looks over a frenum piercing as it looks some more “sturdy”

With regular piercing jewelry, I managed to pee standing without spilling. Actually the foreskin helps a bit to manage the stream.

My cage has a fixation prong with a thru hole.
    With the cage, I don’t spill a drop as the thru hole nicely guided the stream.

I would recommend a PA and to go for a cage with a fixed prong with the thru hole.
    you do need a minimum size though….

Iron78 likes this.
  5. PuellaPurpurea

Local Time:
    11:07 AM
    These answers have all been so helpful, thank you!

It's comforting to hear that slight PA asymmetry is normal and that the urine leak isn't as bad as I was imagining. We're currently leaning towards the PA since it sounds a bit safer and more secure, but thanks to everyone for pitching in, and I'd still love to hear from anyone else with experience. Happy lockups, everyone!

tomf_22033 likes this.
  6. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    Good information on this subject, thank you for posting

tomf_22033 likes this.
  7. Bertdido

Bertdido Member

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    7:07 PM
    Are you circumcised? I am considering a Orion with my frenum piercing too and wonder if (a lot of) foreskin will be a problem

8. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Thanks to all for the info!

9. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Can you have a frenum piercing when you're circumcised? I always thought you can't but maybe I'm confusing it with the frenulum that's missing.

Do you need to do any stretching with the frenum piercing or can you use it right away for chastity once it's healed? With a PA the consensus seems to be that you need to stretch to a 6 ga size at least.

I don't really like piercings and I don't intend to have a glans-only device, but I really would like to secure my normal ball-trap device to make pulling out 100% impossible. So for that the frenum piercing might be enough. But it doesn't seem to be very popular?

10. LulledIntoSubmission

LulledIntoSubmission Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    If he is uncircumcised, you might want to look into a TetherSpout. It is a very secure anchoring system that requires no piercing.

11. LulledIntoSubmission

LulledIntoSubmission Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    Look into a TetherSpout, it might work for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice