Phoenix Guardian Review

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by LightningRat, Feb 9, 2010.

1. LightningRat

LightningRat Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:01 AM
    After unboxing and donning the Phoenix Guardian, I thought I should share some initial thoughts. I've had the Guardian on for the last 7 hours or so and it's not uncomfortable. My biggest complaints are un-scratchable itches, which I suppose I'll just have to get used to, and putting the device on. As I can finally say, the built-in anti-pull-out device works very well, so well that it impedes installation. In fact, even though I checked over the device for burrs or rough edges, finding none, I managed to nick myself by pinching some skin between the top of the cage and the ring. Although I haven't tried very hard yet, I can't even imagine escaping without cutting the lock. Even with the key, I suspect removal will be a little challenging, but nothing I can't overcome with a little practice I hope. I'm going to wear the Guardian to bed tonight, and we'll see how that goes.

2. LittleChasteGuy

LittleChasteGuy LittleChasteGuy

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:01 AM
    Thanks for the review. I am awaiting arrival of my Phoenix Sapphire, expected this week. Will post a review after wearing it for a bit.

3. LightningRat

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You're welcome! I'd be interested in trying out the Sapphire myself. The Guardian cage is rather wide and displaces my testicles to the sides, which, although I'm getting used to it, feels a little awkward, especially when climbing stairs.

Last night was my first night in the device and I slept all the way through. Erections are constricted and suppressed, but they're hardly painful.

In an effort to provide a more thorough review, I thought I should take some measurements:
    Device weight with supplied Tri-Circle brand lock: 109 grams
    without lock: 83 grams​
    Ring diameter: 60mm
    Cage diameter: 44mm
    Cage length:
    Bottom: 60mm
    Top: 95mm
    (listed as 80mm)​

I'm happy to take other measurements on request, although you shouldn't have a problem getting them by contacting the manufacturer. They've been good at responding to my e-mails.

Since everyone's privates are different, my review will be more helpful to folks with measurements similar to my own. My penis's flaccid length, measured along to top from the base to the tip of the head varies between 75mm and 90mm. It's flaccid width, constant along the shaft, varies between 30mm and 40mm. While I'm sure it would be helpful, I have no idea how to best measure my ball sac and testes, but they absolutely will not fit through the bottom gap between the cage and the ring which is 25mm at its widest.

I'll admit that before I jumped into the chastity scene, I was a little grossed out about sitting down to pee through a plastic device. I had hoped that I could just "line things up" and go like normal, but that's just not the case. Luckily, Phoenix includes a small squirt bottle to help keep things clean and odor free. So, with about 36 hours of use, things have been pretty smooth. However, things got a little sore after half an hour of exercise. More to come...

4. outlaw

outlaw Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:01 AM
    Phoenix Guardian

What are your thoughts on the Guardian now? Have you been wearing it much?

I have been wondering if the pressure pad can be twisted side to side and by doing that, defeating the security if it. Can you just twist the locking post or lock to either side and do this?

If you use lube inside the cage or on your cock, can you pull out?

I am looking for a really secure device and have been tempted to buy a guardian for some time now. So I've really appreciated your posts.

Thanks

5. LightningRat

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I just completed a four day term, from Sunday to Wednesday. On Wednesday I even wore it to a career fair. Despite its bulk, the Guardian did not produce a noticeable bulge. By the end of that day, I was extremely horny and I managed to seduce my wife into letting me out. I'm glad she did, not only for the great orgasm, but because I had a job interview yesterday and another today. Attending these interviews in such a horny state would have been reckless. Can you imagine the Freudian slips I would have produced while trying to enunciate technical engineering jargon? Furthermore, after four days, certain parts of my genitals were starting to feel a little tender.

I had mentioned in my previous post that I experienced a little soreness after exercising. Specifically, this soreness came from using the elliptical trainer. Due to the way the Guardian locks on, the part of the scrotum directly surrounding my testes gets pulled pretty tightly, becoming more susceptible to friction. With the help of some strategically applied baby power, I've found that I can eliminate the discomfort. That said, I usually only use the elliptical for about 7 minutes just to warm up for some regular weight lifting, with which the device doesn't interfere at all.

While wearing the device, I would also apply baby powder to friction and moisture prone areas after my morning shower and before bed. Doing so improves comfort all around and precludes the painful and difficult to alleviate scenario of scrotal skin bunching up under the device's band, something I had to endure for most of last Saturday while attending Providence's Fetish Fair Fleamarket. In a rush, I foolishly installed the device in the shower, no doubt trapping some moisture between the folds of my scrotum and the band. I left without applying any baby powder and the discomfort began shortly after I began driving. I made it through the day, but had to take it off that night. Between Sunday and Wednesday, I didn't repeat any of my mistakes and enjoyed a more comfortable experience. To be clear, I can wear the device in the shower, but installing it in the shower appears to lead to trouble.

While I can't say that I've rigorously tested the Guardian's security features, I doubt that I can defeat them, baring the use of bolt cutters on the lock. Yes, one can twist the pressure pad from side to side by about 15 degrees total, but doing so will not prevent its rocking finger-trap action. While wearing the device, I'm unable to get an effective grip, with my fingers, on the shaft of my penis. Therefore, it appears that the most effective way to attempt to pull out is to pull the device away from the body. I observed my penis retract by maybe an inch, but even if my balls could stretch enough, I could feel the effect of the pressure pad and see my penis's shaft yielding to the pad's motion, causing me to question the extent to which I wanted to test the device's security. While I don't know if it came as the result of my security test, I noticed, upon removal of the device, that the area of my shaft where the pressure pad rests felt slightly chafed. During my next internment I'll refrain from any more tests to see if I can attribute the cause to daily wear or not. One might make some more progress with the help of lube, but if he can reinsert his penis into the cage with the pad in the way while the whole thing is clamped to his balls, he might be too small for the device to begin with. I remind readers to consider that my review applies to my genitals, the dimensions of which I described in my last post. You'll probably have a different experience according to how much your dimensions differ from mine. I should also mention that Phoenix Chastity recommends that users avoid wet lubricant because it leaves a film on the device. As with my experience, one doesn't need it to install the device.

Wife permitting, I intend to take a break from wearing the Guardian for at least a few days. She must have really enjoyed my efforts to achieve release Wednesday night, but I suppose that takes us a little off topic. I intend to keep adding to this review as I continue to use the Guardian.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice