PA5000 now with nine hooks different gauges

Discussion in 'PA5000' started by xjanie, Oct 15, 2010.

1. xjanie

xjanie Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:47 PM
    I have now seen advertised PA5000 devices with nine hooks. 3 of each sized curve but at 3 different gauges. I bought my PA5000 shortly after they came out and although the several different websites I looked at all described it as 8 gauge I was disappointed to see how think the hooks were when it arrived. What I really want is the largest hook but at the medium gauge and then I'm in! Does anybody know where I can just buy a new hook without having to buy a whole new device? Or is there anyone out there that could spare the hook I need that isn't the one they need?

2. bigdav

bigdav New member

Local Time:
    8:47 PM
    Hi, when we (and by that i mean me) lost a key, we got in touch with the makers of the PA5000 and they sent one out free of charge! Worth asking at least. Good luck

3. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    My first PA5000 cracked and so I bought a new one.
    My second PA5000 cracked and so I bought a new one.

Now I have 6 identical keys, as every shipment has been with two keys, and all the keys are identical.

This may of course be a coincidence, but might be useful to know.

The third one has not cracked, as I have cleaned and lubricated the lock once or twice a week (pour plenty of gun oil into the lock and then open and close it many times, flush the now-dirty oil with hot water and soap, dry the lock and then put some oil in).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice