Ownership History - Chastity Mansion

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Her Dividend, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:57 AM
    I was poking around on fet and saw some threads about the control and administration of CM.

I was curious if anyone knows and can recount the ownership history of this site, and how those changes affected things.

I've been around here about a decade -- albeit not in the most active status, but I am curious about the history here.

2. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    8:57 AM
    My understanding is that it was started by MistressMichelle (and possibly with her husband), but went through long periods without much active involvement from her. The mods did most of the day-to-day monitoring of the site. Eventually she sold the site to Jens, and after about two years or so, he sold a half-interest to Lucy. This of course leaves out a great amount of detail, but that's the basic ownership history, to the best of my knowledge.

3. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Probably about 10% accurate @Billus :)

4. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    4:57 AM
    Billus, Mistress Michelle wasn’t the site owner. She was a moderator and became a friend of the site founder and initial owner.

5. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Well, that's why I said "to the best of my knowledge". It's obviously deficit in large part. At least I think I managed to spell the names correctly. :rolleyes:

6. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    The site was set up by “Pet” (also known as Liam) at the behest of his then partner @Mistress Watchful (known as Emma) back in April 2008 and they are based in the UK.

The intro page is more or less what they wrote 10 years ago and it’s good to see that back in use.

It was run for a number of years by them with @Mistress Michelle in the States and @maid katrin in Germany as well as others as Mods.

Eventually Mistress Watchful drifted away to Fetlife as it offered a wider range of contacts and kinks, leaving Pet to keep it going. Others mentioned did the same and @Lucy (known as Philfred at the time) was a Mod with others, holding the fort.

The MW and Pet situation didn’t go as planned and he lost interest as well and the site became erratic in that it would crash or fees went unpaid, so we had downtimes of up to a month and the system would grind along with out anyone able to access the back office.

There was one long down period and Mistress Michelle convinced a very down Pet to come back and keep it going. He appointed some new Mods including @Mistress Jules and others but he lost interest again - I heard he had a new and vanilla relationship and Had moved away from Kink. I wish him well with his new life.

Mistress Watchful took over the site from him for about 6 months and decided to sell up. This was at a time when the site was down again due to her being hospitalised and there was talk on Fet of setting up a CM Mark 2.

The site came back online and within a month or so she sold the site to Jens (from Denmark) and that brought stability without downtime.

The site numbers started to climb but he had other demands on his time. Early this year he brought a partner on board with ideas and enthusiasm to build the site and shape it up to build numbers.

Since @L-u-c-y came fully on board as joint owner the numbers keep climbing and it is now very fast and stable with chat facilities that are equally good. Jens looks in now and then but has much on his plate in rea life so it was a wise move to bring a partner on board.

I’ve always considered this a U.K. site so it’s good IMHO that we have a U.K. based person running it on a day to day basis

I think that’s about it as far as I know. There’s a lot more I do know, but no need to share that

Obviously it’s only my take on what has gone on - others may know more or different

7. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:57 AM
    Thanks for the response. And thank you for the other responses. So, now the site is co-owned.

I am curious if there have been actual sales of the site (for money) or rather transfers of ownership for cursory sums. The site is basically a non profit and a niche group.

As far as operations go - it runs smoother now than ever.

I am not a huge fan of FET -- such a behemoth with so many ultra-detailed, self-serious profiles.

From 2004-2016 I was pretty active on the Collarme Message Board, which was deactivated about a year ago.

8. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    @Her Dividend Money did change hands and Jens funded the monthly costs for a long time. Whether it was a large or small amount depends on where one is financially ;)

It is non profit although some discreet advertising has been introduced to assist with costs.

I'm with you on Fet :)

9. windrush

windrush Junior Member

Local Time:
    It is also true that a number of members helped out financially with the original purchase of the site by Jens from MW.

10. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I’ll add Mistress Michele likewise has focused on her career and isn’t doing much (amything?) as far as kink. I am friends with her pet and we chat from time to time. Her sub Susie passed away earlier this year. If anyone knew Susie you were in for a real treat. We met several times and chatted on the phone some although not in the last year.

As for Lucy. As far as performance and reliability, I’ll give her kudos as the site seems stable and runs quickly.

As far as changes I’ll give her a huge A+ for effort. And the same for not going crazy and changing everything at once.

I’m still deciding on what I like and if there are things I don’t. But overall I’m glad to see stability and someone who cares in charge.

It’ll be interesting to see what the next year brings and what the site is like. The things I hear planned and in progress seem good so let’s see how it turns out.

11. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Very sad to hear about Susie. It could be part of the answer to why Mistress Michelle has moved on.
    They had a special bond evidence by some wonderful photos of their collaring ceremony, with MM in a superb corset dress ;)

12. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I think that was part of it. I think whatever drama was going on when I wasn’t logging in here, MW leaving and a few other things that were happening local to her all played into it

13. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    @maid_carrie thanks for the mention and tag I worked hard then to be a good mod. But can see the site is in good hands now and going from strength to strength.
    Philfred / lucy

falke66, maid_carrie and L-u-c-y like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice