Our first metal detector, and that’s quite a step for us

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by BarbCD, Sep 15, 2019.

1. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    11:32 AM
    TLDR: we went out yesterday and had to go through a metal detector we were not prepared for. Went through fine wearing my 2.5” mature metal pet trap.

Longer, more thoughtful version;

My wife/KH holds me in chastity intermittently, and from a few days to a few weeks at a time. As the ticker shows, I’ve been in for a week this time. My wife considers our sex love very private and personal, and would not want my cage noticed at all. But as I have posted previously, she is quite comfortable that it’s essentially unnoticeable under pants, and all the usual activities take place while caged. I go to work, visit the kids, hang out with friends, etc. But we were surprised by a metal detector yesterday, and making it through was a big step for both of us.

We went to a huge state fair yesterday, like we do every year, but as we approached the gate we realized there were metal detectors that we did not recall from prior visits. I’ve never worn my cage through a detector before, though I’ve read online about others’ experience. But still, I suddenly got a little nervous, because it was a big crowd, these were likely not “professional” security folks, but most importantly, I had a feeling that if my caged caused a scene of any sort, it would turn off my wife in a big way.

Now, my wife was most certainly aware I was caged, because just that morning as I was getting dressed she noticed a long string of pre-cum on my cage, and thought that was amusing. But at that moment I think she forgot about it as she stepped up to the detector. But I was very nervous! The guy in front of us tripped the detector because of the buttons on his denim jacket, so I mentally prepared my “it’s body jewelry” statement as I stepped through to catch up to my wife.

And then it was done! No alert, no buzz, just a cheerful “enjoy the Big E” from the guy as he handed me back my wallet, cellphone, and keys.

As we proceed in, I turned to my wife and said “well, I guess medical grade steel isn’t enough to trip the detector”, and she immediately remembered I was wearing a few ounces of stainless steel on my penis. Her face was priceless and wonderful when she laughed, waved her hand in front of my crotch like a wand and replied “oh yes, that might have been funny had you tried to explain THAT!”

What a huge step for both of us! Had we remembered there were detectors in use, I’m fairly sure she would have wanted me uncaged. And I would not have tried to argue the point, simply because there is no need to make my cage “an issue”, and I would prefer to avoid public embarrassment myself.

Later, she did ask how I would have handled it, and I said “well, I did some reading on that, and I would have said it was body jewelry.” She was totally fine with that and nodded in agreement. Also, mid day I had to run back to the car for a sweatshirt, and went through a different detector with the same result.

I don’t want to put too big a point on the experience, but I do think it was major for us. We did it, and overcame what would have been a big mental obstacle for us. And that was confirmed when neither one of us thought twice about me going through the security the second time when we DID know it was there.

Big step for us, and I am so very glad it happened!

2. iambad

iambad Active member

Local Time:
    10:32 AM
    How interesting! I would have never thought you could have passed through. Anyone else experience this?

3. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    8:32 AM
    Sure, with my MCN Contender (stainless steel, open cage design) I've been through airport detectors about a half dozen times without alarm, and just yesterday went thru metal detectors at a football stadium.

4. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I went through a metal detector at a car show in NYC a couple of years ago with my Jail Bird on with no alarms. I think the metal detectors at these sorts of venues are set to lower sensitivity than the ones at the airport. They want to catch guns, not small (!) bits of metal.

5. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    same here. I haven’t worn my full Contender through. I wear my GlansArmor2 and I have sailed through metal detectors in multiple countries now. I’m surprised. Though it’s made of 316L stainless steel. It’s not (very) magnetic and low mass, so I figured that’s the reason. Also, Mark is apparently careful not heating up the material too much, as that can make 316L magnetic.

Since the Contender is just 56% of the mass of a similar sized Jailbird, and I’m hearing both an MM JB and a Contender can pass, maybe I will try my full on Contender someday.

spider203 likes this.
  6. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    Small bits... heh.

7. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    I've been through them regularly with no issues at stadiums and arenas in my A273, but have not tried airports or government buildings.

8. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    I think it has to down to the detectors, I’ve had the zip and studs on my jeans set them off before at train stations. And as I wear a plastic cage I don’t think the padlock throws up much bother.

9. Dogtanian69

Dogtanian69 Long term member

Produce aclerk
    East Texas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I’m wearing this, though I have a heart loop recorder implanted in my chest and a card in my wallet that says “This guy sets off metal detectors” or words to that effect

10. dre8car

dre8car Always Locked and Rarely Cum - Lori 8b

Canada, BC, Vancouver
    Local Time:
    Me too. Rogers Arena twice and provincial court. I'm gonna stop worrying about metal detectors now

11. slutsarah

slutsarah Long term member

retired
    Skokie, IL United States
    Local Time:
    Went through one at a concert, also no ringing of the bell.

12. Mark Owen

Mark Owen Active member

Student
    Sicily
    Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    What kind of device is it? It looks like a Bon4M S, but I'm not quite sure...

13. Dogtanian69

Dogtanian69 Long term member

Produce aclerk
    East Texas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Mark Owen likes this.
  14. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Like you, I'm mentally prepared for this scenario - hopefully its social and not work. And the answer is "I've got some genital jewellery down there"

Well done

Peter Rabbit and Dogtanian69 like this.
  15. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Well done. Must have been nerve-racking

16. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    I was stopped once going into a law court! The large detector went off, so did the hand held wand, I just looked at the guard puzzled, and bluffed it out. He put it down to my trouser zip as he could see I wasn't trying to hide anything, (I'm not an actor by trade, but I can spin a story when I need to!).
    A close escape that thankfully had the adrenalin showing an effect on the inside only.

Dogtanian69 likes this.
  17. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    We went to tour a Navy ship. I was locked in my MCN, and they had a detector. The possibility had not crossed my mind, but of course they would! I went through and tripped it. He used the wand on me and suggested it was my belt buckle. He did not ask me to remove my belt which suggests he knew exactly what tripped the alarm.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  18. LockedinMCO

LockedinMCO Member

Orlando, FL
    Local Time:
    Yesterday I was pretty much in the same predicament at Disney World in my full contender. Sailed through the Epcot detectors with no problem. It is a big step and does give me more piece of mind if ever in that situation again. We happened to be with a friend who doesn’t know our kink so that would have been more stressful to try and explain!

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  19. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    All very interesting, and thanks for the posts! I found it interesting that two of us (the other member posted on a different thread) went to the same place, and I went through fine (two different ones) and the other member tripped the detector. My Pet Trap is not small by any means, but I do not know what he was wearing.

But what I found most interesting is that of the people here, even when it did go off they were not hassled in any way.

bondinchas likes this.
  20. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    If it was an active duty ship and not a museum, it’s more likely he didn’t see you as threat and wasn’t interested in pressing the point. Actually, I suppose that statement applies to most of the situations in this thread where members went through even after detection. If I think about it, the screener’s job is to identify likely THREATS, not every piece of metal on a person, so an alarm at some guys crotch and that guy does not “look like” a bad guy is probably not something they’d worry about. Until the first guy in a chastity device goes on a shooting spree or blows himself up I suppose.

21. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    Coincidentally, I got an email from a friend this morning who went to the Big E this weekend and forgot he had his penknife in his pocket. It tripped the detector, and the security person was going to confiscate it. He explained he had forgotten it was there, always carries it, and apologized but asked if he could keep it. She said “Okay, just don’t show it to anyone”. To me, that reinforces my thought that he didn’t look like a threat so she let him through. The other thing I noted is that he could have easily just returned to his car and left the penknife there. Unlike my cage which was on and the keys were 90 minutes away at home.

22. LockedinMCO

LockedinMCO Member

Orlando, FL
    Local Time:
    Well I may have spoke to soon. Today we went to Disney Hollywood Studios and I set off the alarm. Got the wand and asked if I had a belt on, I told the guard no that I had jewelry. She looked at me like I had two heads and then called over a male guard to wand me again. I explained to him I had jewelry and he got it. The whole process, while awkward was over in a minute and I was on my way. Guess every park is different.

Xileh likes this.
  23. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    I remember chuckling at a few of these posts Monday and then...

Im travelling in China. She let me take the key and unlock for airport security with a promise it never came off otherwise. Well, in the last 2 days I have been thru 7 metal detectors wearing my full Ss (Chinese) cage. With colleagues. All 7 went off. All 7 times they wanded me. Twice they felt the cell phone in my pocket. 5 times they didnt bother. I was starting to get very comfortable until...
    My colleague convinced me to get some custom clothes tailored up...!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice