Ok.... help & experience needed for stealth lock problem

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Andylocked, Feb 16, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. Andylocked

Andylocked Long term member

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    I WONT mention that remedy to the wife!!!
    :-O

2. sadiedog01

sadiedog01 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    NeedingToBeLocked and Andylocked like this.
  3. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    An update although I’m not sure if it’s good news.... had a fiddle around inside the lock - the key had gone in some way but not all, as if the was a blockage... and a small tiny brass bit shaped like a tiny cylinder fell out.
    Does ANYONE know the internals of these locks and is this piece falling out going to make using a key simply a pointless task???

4. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    #29 castmenow, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    This sounds like one of the pins, it may never work again. Most of these locks expose the small tab on the end of the cylinder that rotates to lock the device. The easiest get out with a broken lock would be to use a screwdriver to bend the tab in line with the slot, then the cylinder will pull out. See marked up photo.

Bend this tab back.jpg

5. NeedingToBeLocked

Local Time:
    7:59 AM
  6. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Well... I have WD40’d the lock multiple times, maybe I will let that work it’s magic overnight and if still no luck, if no one can give any other advice, I may well try this!!

Many thanks

7. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I know the sort of lock - it's the "magic lock" that I referred to. I've also seen it referred to as trailer hitch lock., and it may go by other names as well. The point is that the devices I've seen don't let the lock exposed like the one in the video; it's always enclosed within the device.

8. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'd also put the key in the lock as you try and turn the tab. That way you only need to overcome one pinband not 5

Andylocked likes this.
  9. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    That is a fair point, although from using devices with these locks, the tab will probably bend or break if the barrel does not turn within the cylinder. Remove the failed lock and buy a replacement.

Andylocked likes this.
  10. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Absolutely..... am doing my best with this theory but no luck as yet!! :-(

11. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks, but it’s the removal of the failed lock which is the problem.... hmmm.... if only I had a lock that wasn’t broken and a key that worked... :)
    As you said, trying to bend the tab will more than likely make it snap and simply make things even more difficult than they already are... luckily I am patient and not panicking yet!
    Not ready to call out the fire brigade just yet... may well be another broken piece inside which I will keep using the WD40 to try and help....

12. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Many years ago I had a friend who said you only need 3 tools, a hammer, an adjustable spanner and an oxy-acetylene torch. Take your pick :eek:.

Andylocked, Giveitup and Chaste J. like this.
  13. jmanque

jmanque Active member

Writer
    San Francisco
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    If you had a brass piece fall out it does sound like a broken lock. You could try positioning yourself so the hole is straight down and insert and remove the key repeatedly, or a piece of fine wire, keeping in mind that since it is likely filled with little cylinders and springs anything you stick in there could become snagged inside. The one time I had a lock break and start spitting pieces (not on a chastity device) eventually all the guts came out and the lock opened. Apparently, inside some locks all those pieces support each other and when one gives way it triggers a domino effect.

If that doesn't work then @castmenow probably has the right idea, though I have a feeling the cylinder will break long before the tab bends, and you'd have to be careful you don't accidentally stab yourself with the screwdriver if it breaks free suddenly. You could also go at the tab with a Dremel type tool, but you'd have to be exceedingly careful, not let it slip, and protect exposed skin- those rotary tools do sometimes snag and jerk. This is more likely if you're pressing hard. The old adage 'let the tool do the work' lessens this possibility. You'd also need to be careful about heat- power tools can make metal hot enough to burn skin in just a few seconds, so it would be a tedious job, a little grinding or cutting, a lot of waiting for it to cool. Someone suggested drilling the lock, which is a possibility, but power drills tend to generate a lot of torque (heat also) and if they bind the thing you're working on twists hard, which in this case is attached to your genitals, so you'd again have to be really careful, and definitely want to use a drill with a clutch, and be careful not so stab yourself... I guess the word of the day, no matter what method you choose, is caution.

Best of luck.

14. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks, but I can assure everyone I will NOT be using anything like heat powered tools.... I am sure a good screwdriver and a hammer will suffice in the end - if nothing else works!! :)

15. Thomas Gangman

Thomas Gangman Long term member

IT Consultant
    Northern New Jersey USA
    Local Time:
    If you can handle the smell, I find PB is better than other products. Try wrapping a piece of plastic wrap loosely around the ring and barrel and spray pb in the lock and around. Use a little more wrap to seal it completely closed so pb can soak in and wait one hour. Now try to tap the key in carefully and see If it turns.

If that doesn’t work, just drill it out. The locks are brass and new sharp drill bits will cut right thru. I had to drill one off my wife’s friends boyfriend last year. The trick is to have someone hold the cage steady with channel locks and start with a very small bit and up the size scale until it falls out. Once done, make sure he showers to get all the bits of metal scraps off his skin before putting him back in Chastity.

Andylocked likes this.
  16. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the info.... not sure what PB is.... but it sure sounds better than the drill option... that really is a last resort... wifey is very handy using such things.... but a little clumsy because she’s impatient!!
    I can see her trying just a little too hard to speed things up.. and me ending up in intensive

17. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Just realized that the lock MUST have broken sometime on Friday evening as the key didn’t work first thing Saturday morning.... and what day was Friday???
    February 15th - Male Chastity Day!!

Is this more than a little spooky or am I getting paranoid?

keyheld likes this.
  18. Thomas Gangman

Thomas Gangman Long term member

IT Consultant
    Northern New Jersey USA
    Local Time:
    PB is also known as Power Blaster and works better than WD40. Try a good soak first and if all else fails you could try prying the little hook on the barell lock until it snaps. If not, have your wife drill slowly.

In the future, oil the lock every other day to prevent this from happening again.

Andylocked likes this.
  19. Giveitup

Giveitup Long term member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    Given the photos, and the fact that these locks are brass, not titanium or steel, I would be surprised if bending the tab back doesn't work. Brass is pretty malleable. Perhaps you're a little too enamored with being "trapped?" :rolleyes:

JosieLynn Jewell and Andylocked like this.
  20. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    I’m actually a little too worried about shearing the little tab off....Actually, that is a big worry... but maybe I am just being a bit of a wuss, as you say, brass is pretty malleable...
    I have contacted the company that sold it, and I asked them to advise.... I will wait and see what THEY say first...
    if they suggest anything involving power drills or metal melting or grinding tools or the like.... I will try the WD40/PB option and then try the bending option...
    where’s Uri Geller when you need him!!

I’m also very patient... so if it takes time to fix without making a bad situation worse, then I will endeavor to fix this with patience and no panic involved! :)

Thanks for the advice though... sounds pretty plausible!! :)

boisub and Giveitup like this.
  21. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks Thomas... although I have been oiling the lock maybe once a week though... Is it possible that I just bought a duff one??
    They can’t ALL be perfect can they?

22. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    Wouldn't shearing the tab off work, if it sheared relatively cleanly in line with the barrel (if it didn't you might need to grind it down with a dreamer the rest of the way)? Though technically still "locked", the barrel should slide out if the tab is gone.

Andylocked likes this.
  23. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    I was worried about it shearing 3/4 of the way down so there would be even less to grip on, if you see what I mean....
    but I do get your drift....
    maybe with a metal plate underneath, a hammer and chisel could also do the job!!
    (Am getting brave.... could be subconscious panic..... lol!!)
    Thanks for the reply though.... does make sense and as I said... i’ll Hang on in there and wait and see what the company who sold it says....

24. Giveitup

Giveitup Long term member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    I have been on a quest to find the best cage (for me) for long-term lockup (defined (by me) as no need for removal at all, including cleaning) so I have a half dozen of these cages with built-in brass locks. They're simple, even crude. I have used the same brass lock since cage #1 in May of 2017. The reason why is that they're all interchangeable, and I took some sandpaper to the edges of the lock so it doesn't dig into my groin as much. Regardless of the cage - I use that more rounded lock in it.

Bending the tab back, or breaking if off would accomplish the same thing - it would allow the lock to be pulled out by manipulating the two pieces of the cage. That lone tab, at the end of the lock is the only thing blocking it's removal, regardless of the status of the keyhole itself.

Another handy tool is a small-diameter "easy-out." If you must get a drill involved (small and lightweight, such as a Dremel, would be safer than a big power drill) an easy-out is reverse threaded and with just the size of the keyhole, you could thread it in deep enough to get a grip on the lock to help wiggle/maneuver/force it back out of the chastity device.

Patience is a good thing, but make sure you don't fiddle too long. You know the saying, "Shake it more than once..." Good luck!

Andylocked likes this.
  25. Andylocked

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks fella.... am hoping they get back with some advice tomorrow... in the meantime, regular WD40 and retrying the key regularly is keeping me busy....
    your words of advice are much appreciated!!

Giveitup likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice