New Jailbird

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by PouchPantyLover, Apr 19, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    5:13 PM
    So I got my jailbird today, Yeah!!! I put it on after struggling with the screw alignment a fair bit and I love it. I realized after a few minutes of wear time that this was a total game changer. My cheap Amazon silicone cage had a lot of flex in it. Because my penis isn't large to begin with it would allow me a partial erection. I think that's one of the reasons sleeping through the night was not a problem for me. Well no way for even a partial erection in the JB, I tried.

Only problem is I'm pretty sure I ordered base ring too small. I've posted a few pictures on my profile page and one here. Please excuse the stubble as tomorrow is my shave day and also please ignore the lotion I used to get it on in the first place. Not the most artistic shot. I can't get a finger between the ring and my body which tells me too small. Ironically it's the exact same size (1 7/8") as what I have been wearing. I guess the flexibility of the silicone made it work.

I plan to contact Mature Metal tomorrow to discuss what to do, but would love any feedback from anyone on the forum.

Gabriellia, wLOCKridge and locked17 like this.
  2. locked17

locked17 Locked17

Dallas Texas
    Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    Love my Mature Metal... Never go back to plastic cages

3. Chastitygirl88

Local Time:
    11:13 PM
    Do you have a keyholder? It's important to have someone to help regulate the use of the cage.

wLOCKridge likes this.
  4. wLOCKridge

wLOCKridge Active member

Retired LEO
    Northeast Ohio
    Local Time:
    You might try wearing it in before giving up and sending it back. You would be surprised how much the body will adapt given a chance. Good luck!

5. wLOCKridge

wLOCKridge Active member

Retired LEO
    Northeast Ohio
    Local Time:
    @PouchPantyLover. Having seen the pic now, it looks about right to me. Remember, the smaller ring you can reasonably stand, the more comfortable sitting on hard chairs, walking, running, and generally being active will be. The security is better as well if that matters to you and your KH. As I recall, it took me a good month to really adapt to mine. On the extremely rare occasion that my base ring is taken off, it looks like my finger when I take off my wedding ring. I can actually say that for me to pull out of mine would be nigh on impossible and painful at the very least and there is no amount of lube that would get me back in it without the key. It does get somewhat tight if I attempt to get an erection but I love it anyway as it reminds me who is in charge and that ain't me. Try soaking in a hot bath with it on and see how much looser it gets, if it's enough to get a finger in there I would give it some time.

6. Chastitygirl88

Local Time:
    Tighter the better with chastity. You'll get used to it eventually.

Joroincharge and wLOCKridge like this.
  7. wLOCKridge

wLOCKridge Active member

Retired LEO
    Northeast Ohio
    Local Time:
    You're absolutely correct, locked up tight makes it right. My KH likes it that way, as a matter of fact, she's been talking about ordering me an even smaller ring. She likes it when I even get the slightest bit aroused I can't help but remember that she has absolute control. :confused:

8. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the great advice. I do intend to stick it out with the jailbird as it was love at first sight. Seriously cool piece of hardware. To answer some of the questions I do have a KH, but we are both pretty new to this. First time in a chastity device was only January of this year. My only indication of the tightness being the finger test and just feeling tighter than my cheap flexible silicone device. The jailbird is a single ring and both old and new device are 1 7/8" diameter. I wore the jailbird for about 4 hours yesterday without any indication of a circulation problem. I finally took it off after trying unsuccessfully to sleep in it. I constantly felt like I had to pee, but when I tried, nothing happened.

Wednesday is my morning to unlock to go swim laps and do my weekly shave. I'm back and wearing the jailbird now. I think maybe the ring size is OK after all and it just takes some getting used to the new device. Now my concern is the gap as I feel like my scrotum is squeezed between the cage and the ring and not in a pleasant way. That maybe the pressure that made me concerned about ring size. Not sure if MM can adjust the gap? If they do I definitely need the cage shortened, I went too long anyway. I also could have gone an 1/8 narrower on diameter, but that is a livable mistake.

I've been in chastity almost non-stop since some time in February with occasional release for playtime (both sexual and non-sexual). I guess I was hoping it would be a smooth shift from one device to the other, but alas, must take several steps backwards to step forward. I will just wear as much as possible, make note of how it feels and after a few days contact MM for advice on potential modifications. Thank you all for great advice, especially @wLOCKridge that is what I love about CM. Great support group and kinky ideas to boot :p

9. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    Started my 5th year wearing my Jailbird 24/7. It made a much bigger difference than I thought it would. If you can slip a finger tip between the ring and your scrotum, it is the right size. I had to return mine to go smaller. I think many of us tend to go to smaller rings over time rather than larger. A tighter fit will prevent the ring from riding up and down which will chaff you. However, you do not want to cut off circulation but you can see if that is the case. The color of our scrotum would change adn your testicles would feel cold to the touch. Use the fingertip test. That has always worked for me. I used to think my ring was too tight and called MM. I sent it back to get a larger ring made and sure enough, the larger ring was too large after a month or two of wearing it when my body got used to wearing it. Luckily I kept my old ring which is the one I wear every day.

As for the screw, I used to hate trying to thread it. First time it took me 15 minutes to do. Now I get it done in under a minute without looking. You will learn to feel by touch if things are lined up. Stick the screw in a little bit so it presses against the bar from the cage. Then rotate the cage left and right until you feel the screw sink in a little. Then let go of the cage and the screw will align the cage and go in.

If you have not got the security screw countersunk you will find out that the screw will come loose if you wear it 24/7. You have a flat head screw pressed against a round post. Very little metal to metal contact that way. What I do is use Blue Locktire medium strength or teflon tape like you use around gas and water pipes to make a tight seal. That will keep the screw from backing out and becoming loose. However, I can use my screw extractor tool to unscrew it anytime I want to which is OK for me because I do not want to but for someone who wants to feel like they are trapped and cannot do anything about it, the padlock is a better option but it adds enough weight to pull my penis down and since it is only 1 1/4" long as is my cage, it makes it easier for my penis to pop out at the top. So I use the screw even though I can get it off if I wanted to. Just like I do not use a vibrator to give myself an orgasm. I asked for this so I am not going to cheat myself.

Enjoy. You will find it easier to keep yourself clean and avoid having it smell. Look at the website keptforher.com and buy their cleaning kit. I use a squirt bottle of water and a swab to keep clean. If I wear it outside my home I have a tiny bottle of water and a swap with a short stick in my pocket so I can clean up after I pee.

wLOCKridge likes this.
  10. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Success! 24 Hours in the new jailbird including overnight. Really understanding that my last device allowed way too much growth and movement, so adjusting to this one is going to take a bit. Hoping you all can answer a new concern I have about the jailbird. The base ring is forcing my scrotum up and creating a little concave flat area on top. Simultaneously the cage is forcing my penis and the cage down on to that concave area. The result is a spot that seems prone to collect sweat and urine with no air flow. Even using my hands I can barely get enough separation there to get a q-tip in. Is that normal? Seems like an invitation for an infection?

@Vinny I respect every bit of advice you've given me and I went to the site you referenced. I've been using a handheld shower head once or twice a day combined with q-tips and a hair dryer to keep myself clean and dry. Do you really feel like the cleaning kit you referenced provides a big upgrade?

OK, leaving aside the technical banter I have to wax rhapsodic about the jailbird. I had no idea what it meant to truly be locked up until now. My Mistress allowed me to wash her hair and body in the shower yesterday which is one of my favorite chores. Little guy tried and tried to get hard, but JB was having none of that. Mistress actually expressed some concern about how swollen and angry it looked, but I assured her it was fine and exactly as it should be. To truly have ones junk in FULL lock down mode is even more of a mind bender than what I'll call the semi-lock down I've experienced for the last two months. Still loving the journey. :)

boisub and wLOCKridge like this.
  11. wLOCKridge

wLOCKridge Active member

Retired LEO
    Northeast Ohio
    Local Time:
    I too have the moisture and sweat thing. I usually keep that area lubed with a little vaseline and a q tip. Seems to dry out better that way and protects the area from urine. At the slightest hint of an infection, like burning or slight itching, I substitute triple antibiotic ointment for the vaseline for a couple of days. Seems to clear things right up. Aren't you glad you decided to break it in now?

12. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Very Glad :D. Plan is to go another 24 hours and then call MM and walk through my issues with them. See if they have any advice. Am leaning towards ordering a 2" ring with 1/2" gap just to see. Also leaning towards shortening cage at least by 1/4" if possible.

13. GrowingPains

GrowingPains Member

Local Time:
    As an individual looking to buy a jailbird how is it? My biggest concern is peeing standing up. The second is night time erections currently in a larger device I don't have the painful ball busting but I did in a smaller device that was a much more snug fit. Do those still happen?

Sorry to necro a post

14. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Hi @GrowingPains Don't know what necro a post means, but no problem. I ordered my JB, way too long and as a result peeing standing up is a no go. I've been communicating with mature metal and will get cage shortened and order new larger ring with bigger gap. They've been slow with their response though so I'm not sure when this will happen. My night time erections hurt my balls a lot in the JB. Again I think this is gap and ring size as well as my current device is flexible silicon which allows me some growth.

15. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    OK @boisub you've got me curious. How do you use the paper funnel? I have a very funny mental picture in my head of trying to work the funnel through the cage and lining it up.

16. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Ingenious

17. Steve-0

Steve-0 Long term member

Healthcare
    Canada
    Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    Crazy. I find using a urinal with my jb on as easy as if it weren't on.

18. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    So first off Mature Metal wasn't being slow. For some reason their emails were going into my spam folder, very promptly I might add. Unfortunately I am still going round and round on what to do on re-sizing and am hoping once again for some good advice from CM. I have settled on length change, but ring size and gap are causing me problems. When I explained my experiences to MM, I was told the burning sensation at the base of the scrotum means gap is too small and inability to fit finger between scrotum and ring means ring is to small. Bam done, make them bigger. But now I'm being told maybe the gap problem is because the ring is too small or vice versa.

So I know I want a bigger ring. I'm at 1 7/8" now and the choice is 2" or 2 1/8". Leaning towards 2" based on earlier advice, but still doubt I will get a finger in there at that size and this makes me think 2 1/8"

The gap is driving me nuts :rolleyes:. I was just going to step up from 3/8" to 1/2" as I thought that was biggest size and then MM told me they make them as big as 3/4". Because my penis is on the small side I would think an overly large gap isn't a good idea, so my inclination is to go to 1/2".

So based on all of this I'm thinking to try 2" ring and 1/2" gap.:confused: Any advice?

19. Steve-0

Steve-0 Long term member

Healthcare
    Canada
    Local Time:
    You really can't fit a finger thru a 1 7/8 base ring? I can fit a 1.5 ring and my junk is super size. Maybe I'm just squishier...

Gonna have to get used to the burn (which doesn't take long) or have a cage that slides all over the place (in my opinion). Anyways I'd say give it a month before going hog wild on changing it :)

20. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    No I'm the odd duck. The circumference of my scrotum and penis is huge. Just a really large footprint with very little projection. Think gently rolling hills instead of mountains. :D

bob40B and Steve-0 like this.
  21. Steve-0

Steve-0 Long term member

Healthcare
    Canada
    Local Time:
  22. Wannabee

Wannabee Active member

Local Time:
    9:13 PM
    So what diameter cage and what length of cage?
    I recently had a Watchful Mistress and a JailBird modified. I also had the JailBird shortened. Now I have another JailBird in for modification.

Ask M MM to remove small center top and bottom horizontal front bars. You still have to check that the urethra is lined up with the vertical slot, but it is a quick and easy check. It sure makes peeing neatly much easier, standing or sitting.

WM.jpg

23. GrowingPains

GrowingPains Member

Local Time:
    Do you have issues poking through the front without the bars? I had a dhgate device very similar to that and the head could get out.

24. Wannabee

Wannabee Active member

Local Time:
    9:13 PM
    Works quite nice at correct length (1 3/4"), but at 1/4" shorter (1 1/2") pokes out enough to be uncomfortable when urethra gets poked by cloth. At correct length it can also be uncomfortable with the cross bars there, too.

It only took eight days to get this one modified. Mailed at the Post Office on Friday a week ago and delivered on Saturday yesterday. Eight days and I even had MM make another back ring to go with it!

IMG_4516.JPG

25. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Thanks @boisub I really appreciate your comments, very helpful. I have decided on the 2" ring adjustment as you and several other suggested. I'm still wrestling with the gap issue though for two reasons. Reason 1 is when I first contacted MM and told them what I was going through they unequivocally said that burning means the gap is too small. Reason 2 is I can find no reliable guidance on how to size the gap. Even the MM website says this. In regards to your question about cleaning between the top of the scrotum and the bottom of the cage I can work a q-tip in there, but not really wash it well. I'm leaning towards making the gap bigger because of how firm MM was on small gap equals burning. I also want to try to get this as close to final in this pass as possible. I really hate going back to my old chastity device and want my jailbird back on ASAP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice