New cage with urethral tube yes or no?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Knox_, Sep 9, 2020.

?

New cage with urethral tube yes or no?

1. Yes, go for the urethral insert!

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, to many risk. Skip the option!

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Knox_

Knox_ Active member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    Considering a new custom-made chastity cage of stainless steel. But I have doubts about a urethral tube yes or no. I read a lot on the forums here at CM and Fetlife. Most is negative about the risk for a UTI. Only o few say they can wear it for a long term without any problems. Off course I am aware of the importance of sterilizing before use. Goal for me is not to wear it long term, but when my KH insists. Maybe a day or maybe a few days. But now I have the chance to decide with or without. Is that all that bad? Love to hear your considerations, advice, choice and experiences. Thanks.

KeyholderD likes this.
  2. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    I am locked in a Looker 2 with an urethral insert 8mm dia. Originally it was protruding the A-ring by 20mm.
    I had no UTI but several times prostatitis.
    I got it shortened so that the insert has the same length as the cage and introduced a strict cleaning and installation regime.
    Uninterrupted wearing is now possible for one week.
    It is coarse cleaned by flushing then put for 600s in a supersonic bath with a detergent. After drying it goes into a 70% isopropyl bath for 300s.
    This cleaning time allowes for shaving etc.
    I install it after having the urethra filled with sterile lube using a 1ml syringe which is normally used for insulin.
    You definetely have to keep the device, the penis and the hands clean.
    It is best to keep your bladder full before the service and relief it afterwards to flush the gel out.

Knox_ likes this.
  3. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    8:14 AM
    I do think it is possible to use an insert for longer periods, as people use catheters for extended periods. Sterilizing and proper lube would seem to be essential in limiting issues. But i wouldn't go for it on a custom design, unless you'd used an off the shelf design first. That way you can try it out, and see if it works for you before investing a lot of money. Unless the custom design is convertible, with or without insert. Good luck and enjoy.

Knox_ likes this.
  4. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    8:14 AM
    I agree with MissyB. I made that mistake and bought a custom titanium looker from Steelworx with the urethral tube which I received just this past July. I had immediate issues (I posted the details previously here on CM if you are curious) and had to send it back to Germany for removal. A loss of time and money that I could have avoided had I done some experimenting beforehand.

P.S. I haven’t received the corrected device yet, but UPS tracking says to expect it this Friday.

Knox_ likes this.
  5. Andy80

Andy80 Long term member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    I have several cheap off-the-shelf metal devices with urethral tubes, both metal tubes and plastic ones. I have never been able to use the tubes for more than a day or two without getting some sort of slight injury and a tiny amount of bleeding, and then I get worried about infections. It may be that the tubes I've tried are not smooth enough and/or don't fit my anatomy very well. Also I've found that pee tends to go round the edges of the tubes as much as through the centre. It's a shame because I think the tubes add an extra dimension to the chastity experience, and make me feel even more 'locked up' as it were.

I agree with MissyB that if you are thinking of just wearing for a day or two, maybe try something off-the-shelf first.

Knox_ likes this.
  6. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    If you have a device with a closed cupola like the looker 2 and a single hole for urination it is helpfull to have a short plug (less than 1") to guide the urethra.
    I also use this type of cage without any issues. It is a real on-off-on device ,at least for us.

Knox_ likes this.
  7. Knox_

Knox_ Active member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thank you so much for all your replies. It is very helpful! Yes, the custom design is supposed to be convertible, with and without insert. But I am a bit anxious to try cheap knock off cages because of the risk of inferior quality and inferior materials so the risk for tissue damage increases. Thank you for all the honest replies.

KeyholderD likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice