New but FOR OVER 7 YEARS THIS SITE...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AboveTheAverage, Jul 25, 2017.

1. AboveTheAverage

AboveTheAverage New member

Finance
    Illinois
    Local Time:
    9:07 AM
    FOR OVER 7 YEARS THIS SITE has been a backbone to my education and personal growth around the life of chastity and submission.

Hello all,

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. My name is Shawn I am 26 years and live in Illinois. I am brand new to the forum from the perspective of posting and actively engaging with folks. I've kind of been a closet viewer, if You will, but I've finally realized that it is time for me to join with the intention of becoming involved on a routine basis. But I don't want to join just to join, my goal is to become active regularly to get even more out of the community and give where I can.

Why make this goal?

From the time I discovered the lifestyle of BDSM and chastity, I'd say a little over 7 years ago, this site and it's community have been, without a doubt, an influence on the way my views have shaped themselves over the years. This site was and is tremendously helpful for so many reasons, and I certainly don't think I would be at where I am today without having CM as a place to come to educate myself, learn new topics, hear other's views, and more. All of this naturally helped shape my views of the lifestyle of BDSM with chastity being especially considered.

So, with that said, I feel like I have a duty, some kind of duty to share my experiences with others considering how much the forums have helped me. Not that it's just about me, but also engaging with others and participating in threads.

I'm currently a submissive in real life and have been in a BDSM relationship for many months now. Chastity is a foundational pillar and has been a guiding principle. Though I have been interested in the lifestyle for many years, this is my first real life BDSM relationship. I look forward to introducing myself more and sharing my experience and journey and introduction to the lifestyle.

I am glad that I've finally decided to join after many years of just being a peanut gallery viewer. Hope to have good dialogue and conversation with some of Y/you.

Best,
    Shawn

manintyres likes this.
  2. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    Wow - well I would say welcome to the forum Shawn, but.....welcome anyway!

I'm looking forward to hearing about how CM has shaped your views - although we have many US based members, the mod team has always largely been from the UK as was the originator of CM. You'll well be aware that there is a strong European leaning to the mindset of the forum - and so there probably is to your own now.

Well done on making the leap into posting. What was it that gave you the impetus?

manintyres and AboveTheAverage like this.
  3. AboveTheAverage

Finance
    Illinois
    Local Time:

Hi SubVerity,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome! Thank you sharing...I would agree there is a strong European tone to the mindset here and now it makes more sense :).

I am glad that I made the leap....long overdue.

What gave me the impetus? So, over the last few months I have thought about joining and becoming active because I have felt that joining a like-minded community and actively participating in it would be conducive to my current life as a new submissive in a BDSM relationship. And I believe it would be beneficial to have a place to share and listen to others who are living a chastity-based life. After mulling it over a few months, I brought up CM and asked Her if She would be open to me joining the forum as a way to surround myself with positive reenforcement around chastity, denial, orgasm control, and submission. She thought it was a fantastic idea.

Part of my Mistress's philosophy is heavily rooted in chastity, denial, and orgasm control. So after knowing that She was encouraging of it, I felt like it was time to join and actually become more immersed. I think actually sharing and communicating with others will open up a new kind of learning experience and angle to my experience.

I know that isn't a very detailed answer but I am sure more will come out as we chat :).

Thank you again for the response.

manintyres likes this.
  4. manintyres

manintyres Junior Member

Process Operator
    Thurrock
    Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    Hello and a very warm welcome :) ,
    Looking forward to following your journey

AboveTheAverage likes this.
  5. AboveTheAverage

Finance
    Illinois
    Local Time:
    Hey there, thanks, much appreciated :). You've been a member for quite some time...around the same time I came across CM. I'm a little late but late is better than never, lol.

Joroincharge likes this.
  6. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    6:52 PM
    I cannot imagine trying to be chaste at 19 so I think you have done the right thing waiting a (good) while! Good luck moving forward. Chastity isn't the easiest thing to aspire to so make sure you ask for help whenever you need it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice