New belt maker looks awesome.

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Minas bitch, Aug 27, 2020.

1. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    6:59 AM
    I cleaned up the rust when i made my last post as recommended by jura by the way, WD-40 made it easy with the rust coming off in only a few wipes, but I kept scrubbing at it for a few minutes (unfortunately this left some noticable scratch marks on the other side) leaving only a moderately dark grey tinge where the rust was, which is kind of the colour form the inside of a food tin can.
    This is what it looked like at the time (There's water on it because I scrubbed it then rinsed off the WD-40 in the shower because its supposed to be stainless steel right?):
    IMG_20230330_072627.jpg
    Lower quality stainless steels used in things like stationary scissors and cutlery will blemish a dark grey like this over time, but jura's using 316L for the waist bands, so I don't know if they exhibit a similar behaviour.

Anyway, only a few days have passed since then, I have only worn the belt once since then for only a few hours and I disassembled the belt today, and it looked like it had a small blood stain on it which I scratched off with my fingernail before taking this photo:
    IMG_20230402_222453.jpg

Jura has yet to respond but it's the weekend, and heads up with easter coming up I will suspect that he'll probably become inactive for a bit (although I doubt they celebrate that in china, but according to wikipedia they do have a dedicated public holiday on the 5th april for "tomb sweeping day")

2. Twhyler

Twhyler Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    I’ve been in my belt for 4 days straight. It’s very tight, but fits flawlessly and has very good movement. I can see if it’s loose that it would be a problem.
    no rust on mine. It all seems to be top notch and fits well.

3. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    That's nice to hear. No problems with the bottom of the spine area, no buttcheek compression issues or anything?

4. Twhyler

Twhyler Member

Local Time:
    No compression that isn’t expect. If I push the belt down to where the strap would be “ loose” it causes an issue, but sitting tight up on me, there isn’t a problem.
    I took my belt off just today, nice imprint marks and they’re even. It fits well aslong as it’s tight.

5. PussyBytch

PussyBytch Active member

Engineer/Project Manager/Maid
    Catskills
    Local Time:
    It looks great, and sounds like the fit is good. How easy is it to remove and reinsert the plug? Do you need to remove the belt?

6. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    #281 zbovka, Apr 7, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    You must've done a pretty good job on the bending to get even print marks. Also imprint marks can actually act as an allergen source for me, which is why I wanted to minimise their impact as much as possible.

But yeah from what I've gathered, it just seems I have a bad fit. Oh, and it being a bad egg with the rust spot issue, the random cast crap stuck in the void well, rough insides, inconsistently coated teflon and so on :(.

I'm not exactly rich so I did spend quite a fair chunk of my savings on this belt, so I'm kinda impass at as to whether I should try again and risk sending the belt back for rework (first I need to hear back from jura) and to see how good the fit would be. Honestly though, I don't see much reason as to why jura couldn't have drilled a few extra holes on the back plate, like the waist belt part only has 2 mounting holes each, so what if he drilled an extra row of holes above and below and adjustments to the side for loosening (at which he could just recommend to measure tighter, he could even slap a redesigned cocoon badge back as a filler for the unused holes or something idk)

btw if anyone has a 3d printer, I do have an idea for a security seal adapter for the cocoon belt.
    One concept is to wrap around the top of the penis tube and basically hold the padlock in place from swinging to the side and cover the keyway to prevent picking. The second alternative is to wrap around both the waist and the front piece and hold the top of the padlock down, because you technically can't unlock the belt without sliding the lug grip up.

7. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    FYI: Neostell offered version with the padlock on the back. This could be good idea if security / lock picking is a concern.

hardbodysub likes this.
  8. Minas bitch

Minas bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    3:59 PM
    wd40 is the wrong product to use. The rust is coming from some form of contamination in the steel. The reason that stainless steel doesn’t rust is a layer of chromium oxide that builds up on the surface. When removing the rust with wd40 it is not allowing a chromium layer to form but leaving a layer still containing the contamination that will then rust again.

Metallurgists, food manufacturing, and pharmaceutical companies use a technique called passivation to remove the “free iron” from the surface leaving the chromium to oxidize into the normal stainless steel that you expect. Long story short get some citric acid, make a strong solution with water and boil it for a bit with the stainless in it. This will remove the free iron from the surface leaving the chromium. Rinse the piece then put it some some water with baking soda to make sure all remaining acid is neutralized on the piece. Rinse again and then dry and allow to be exposed to air for 24-48 hours to allow the chromium to oxidize creating the standard stainless steel protective layer. It’s pretty easy and it works.

koala and Fetish like this.
  9. PussyBytch

PussyBytch Active member

Catskills
    Local Time:
    Are you saying they do offer this option or that it would be good if they did? I haven’t seen it on their site.

10. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    John likes this.
  11. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    #286 zbovka, Apr 30, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    Been busy so haven't had much time to work on the belt bending for a better fit.

Jura had some thoughts about the rust and he suspects the metal catchment in the water jet cutting process must've rebounded and embedded itself into my belt somehow. Considering that the rust no longer builds up as crazy as it did before, WD-40 did the job for most part. Unfortunately the belt's all kinda scratched up as a result.

When I asked jura how much it would cost to get the rear resized/remade and to fabricate a new waist belt, Jura offered to remake the waist belt. Not wanting to screw up my measurements again, I sent a rather lengthy email with some suggestions like to make the tailbone area concave as well, but I might be asking for too much. It's a bit much for him to do it all without any payment other than the shipping so I intend on ordering a more aggressive plug design and more backup drain covers to make up for the inconvenience this belt has caused him and the extra requests I made (like drilling extra holes? he hasn't responded to these requests yet though).

Unfortunately there's several things I would like to improve before sending the belt back, such as getting a proper fit (I want to make sure it fits better than it does now) but either way I can't even send my belt back until he gives me an address to send to because I threw away the customs declaration papers when I ripped open the package (it wasn't even delivered in a box like the measurement belt was, just a paper wrapped bubblewrap bag).
    Communication has slowed down but that's fine since I need time to get more precise measurements (which I do by wearing the belt/measurement belt over a long period of time to ensure its comfortable while being as reasonably tight it can be) as I don't have much time atm.

12. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    Good to hear Jura is working with you to make it right. Here's hoping he responds to me soon and sends the new waistbands...

13. PussyBytch

PussyBytch Active member

Catskills
    Local Time:
    Well, this gives me hope!
    I was seriously ready to give up hope.

14. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    he still hasn't done so?

Btw I bought some mouldable plastic. Even though it says it shouldnt bind to teflon, I find it mildly interesting that it sticks to teflon better than the brushed steel waistband...

It helps with the pressure distribution but like the crappy chinese holy trainer cages, it kinda sticks to my skin... Probably a 20% improvement to comfort in the affected areas but overall still not a solution. I'll probably buy more of the plastic stuff (its about $7.50/100g, I didnt bother spending much time to find the cheapest price) and coat much of the waistband before sending it to jura to give him a better picture of my waist angle because his human waist model didn't work for me in certain areas (especially in regards to the dihedral at the front of the belt).

Jura still hasn't given me his address so I literally can't do anything but wait atm unfortunately.

15. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Unfortunately not- no reply and no new waistband....
    For spot fixes and shape change I have had good luck with the Sugru moldable silicone putty- that dries strong/semi-hard and doesn't irritate my skin at least.

Separately I have used silicone "scar" bandage segments to wrap around other rough/irritating parts - this isn't too expensive and is really smooth. Being medical grade silicone, no skin irritation either

16. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    When was the last time you sent a message? Try again and also try his other addresses. Jura has like 3 email addresses afterall (I've put the other addresses spoiler'd in this thread earlier)

I'll consider it, but the swelling due to abrasion from slight movement (my belt is a little too big afterall) and compression is the issue.

On the side note, some more possible corrosion? Could just be dirt though.
    IMG_20230507_182327.jpg

Also I made a prototype of that security seal adaptor thing. It sorta works but the plastic is a bit flimsy and I was able to bend the plastic away from the lock, so I need to probably pad more material. Problem is I'm almost out of the plastic stuff, so I'll have to buy more.

IMG_20230507_192411.jpg
    The halves are designed specifically so they can be slipped off when not being worn. All the adapters do for the security seal is provide a link for it and the link prevents the padlock from swinging away.

I've also padded the front of the padlock, which would prevent you from picking the lock. There's no shackle protection, but hey it already comes with one so maybe that's not needed :3

Ideally the security seal should sit flush with the belt so its protected more and doesn't stick out, but this plastic stuff is kinda hard to work with since you only get a few seconds to mould everything and it likes to stick to everything while in its viscous state.

17. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    Temperature is the key. You boiled plastic to high - try to not cross 70-72°C - it is not sticky in lower temperatures.
    Electric kettle with temperature settings helps a lot. Also heat the belt and place of work (wooden or babmboo desk). You could use protective gloves to work / mold plastic while in water, but bare hands are able to withstand few seconds too in such temperature. I used a medium bowl filled with hot water and molded parts in directly the water as long as possible. ~1-1,5L of water will not loose temperature quickly, and you could add some hot water every couple minutes.
    ... but this was long time ago - we have 3D printers now ;), so maybe you could design parts and send it to 3D printing service.

PS.: Corossion: probably 2 different metals working as a battery - this pin doesn't look like stainless steel / same material as the belt itself. I would say: Chinese work is little different from German :p

18. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Thanks for that - will try him on the other addresses -he actually wrote to me in Feb that it was just a few days to ship but then nothing... I emailed again in March and April.

19. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    so I discovered yesterday after making the post the reason why my butt hurts so much is that I got a scar from the chastity belt from all the "aggressive" fitting attempts before I applied the plastic... hmmm

I guess no more "testing" for a while

yeah thats the thing ive been doing it in a takeaway container and it loses its heat very quickly since southern hemisphere is now transitioning into winter (1.8L boiled water goes lukewarm within about 10 minutes)

John likes this.
  20. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    For most part my scar's healed up but there is still a bit of an irritating spot. I had an akward moment today trying to wear the belt again. (heh)

Basically I reinforced the bit of the security lock adaptor and didn't test if it could still slide off the padlock while the padlock is on the belt but with the security seal removed. Spent a few hours prying the plastic off. I guess the good thing about this mouldable plastic is that you can damage as much as you'd like and you can just remelt it to reform it later, no biggie.

I have to say though that I probably overly buffed the security considering how much I reinforced the plastic. If I moulded the entire piece in one go, I probably would've taken quite a bit longer, but since there are three seperate reinforcement coatings from my original attempt (pictured above), the layers were able to split off.

To get the first layer off I just threaded a lock through the hole and pulled it off, the second layer required less prying with a screw driver and all that remained was the original stuff I slapped on initially, which still covered the locking body, but because the underside was reinforced it still blocked the plastic "cup" from coming off the padlock and therefore I still couldn't unlock it. The final piece probably took the longest and a nail clipper handle was oddly the most suitable method if I wanted to avoid stabbing myself.

11/10 would do again

Still not as redonculous as someone who had modified their belt

21. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    #296 zbovka, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
    I tried adjusting the measurement belt again and managed to get it down a few notches. Something I realised is that if I ignore the rule about the pressure over the buttcheeks and front piece problem when tightening down the crotch section, I can get a tighter fit which may eliminate the problem I'm having with the rear belt. I'm also having fluctuating opinions regarding the pain in the rear section, with the plastic mould in place the cutting action is no longer an issue but the issue now is that the rear opening is probably mounted a little too far back this time and therefore I will need to yet again rebend the belt without somehow screwing over the waist band fit.

Maybe the instructions weren't the best and I took them too literally. Honestly even though jura said he will redo the necessary parts that need refitting for free, I still think it's necessary to throw some money his way because at this rate he'll never get motivated to do anything. Even if I may be not in the best financial situation, as a hobby that I've invested a lot into I think this is still not that bad of an option.

And yeah, there's no response still in 6 weeks, my last message being 2 weeks ago. The reason why I haven't pushed more than this is mostly due to my indecisiveness (I even told him in a previous message to not start any work, as afterall he quite literally rocked out of nowhere with a half finished belt after I sent in my measurements last year, which isn't exactly ideal)

Anyway for context, the measurement adjustments I sent him were:
    front: -2
    top of front: 1.5 (range 1-3) (actual given was preset 2, presumably because he only has 3 size cast moulds available)
    rear: -1
    waist: -3

and the tightness which I measured today, which was tight enough to cause some blueing, not yet test worn for extended period of time:
    front: -3
    top of front: 1 (this will likely be borderline impossible to put on though realistically speaking, especially when you consider how difficult it already is to put on the metal "oversized" belt)
    rear: -2
    waist: -5

The top of front measurement 1 vs 2 would likely not change much to the net fit but would likely resolve a problem I have with my skin pinching at the top of the penis tube. However this would increase pressure on the base, which was rather problematic with my experience with the cheap chinese belts, giving me a scar.

If I were to order this change, jura would have to fabricate a new front piece, which I presume is probably the most expensive option, and I would most definitely pay him a surplus for that work, and if I were to buy a new front piece I think I would ditch the teflon coating, especially considering how poorly coated the inside was.

For those of you who got a polished finish (which seems to be all of you who have posted photos here so far):

how smooth is the inside? (The inside of my front piece is honestly very rough, so if I insert in a way that the foreskin won't poke through the drain slit, the glans may rub on the inside of the cage which honestly is quite painful when dry)

Does your skin stick much to the cage/belt when doing wide range of movements? (especially in a hot environment when your scrotum slackens)

Honestly for me to get a good fit I'd probably need some reference pictures for things like tensing your buttcheeks, and after looking online for a bit after jura retweeted a gay porn star, I did notice that even his fit wasn't the most ideal looking, but the crotch section was most definitely a little more front-centered than my fit.

Another issue that's still on my mind is that I have doubts jura would do any customisations beyond the standard model he already has such as with the stretched bends around the hip bone. He was very reluctant upon query a while back to do any modifications to the rear/front modules afterall with the teflon coating being a simple job of sending the part through the mail so he accepted it out of the blue.

Like one modification I'd probably want is a secondary shield design of sorts for the drainage hole, but that would require drastic changes, and considering how uncommunicative jura is, that's probably too much of a risk to ask for. For all I know he would just give up.

22. squirrel

squirrel Member

Local Time:
    A short upodate from my side.

Belt arrived this week
    Looks excellent and is well made. No sharp edges, grates. Feels relatively nice heavy
    Size seems a bit larger than my measurements and I was woried about the comfort. After a little bit of bending I wear it now for 60 hours and still am happy. Feels comfortable, does not restrict movement.
    I am still in testmode but KH already confiscated the keys.
    I will make an update after some more time has passed.

hardbodysub and John like this.
  23. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Also posting some good news, the larger waistbands arrived yesterday - delayed from the original expected date but all is well. Now the belt fits pretty well and am working on fine tuning/bending for longer term wearability.

hardbodysub likes this.
  24. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    Thats nice to hear. Still haven't heard back from jura yet so it's not like I can return anything to him in the meantime. I'm testing an assymetric setup where I tighten one side one hole across.

I haven't drilled into anything before, but worst case scenario I could probably either send the belt to another belt smith (e.g. mysteel) to cut me a new waist band but that would probably be a lot more expensive and the quality would likely suffer. I could also try looking for a metalsmith locally but I don't know any that exist, but there are metal workshops around at schools. I just don't have any connections to make it work out.

I also have another bag of mouldable plastic coming through as I'm considering quite literally moulding some padding to effectively make the belt fit better as the part that I coated around the tailbone area actually does work quite well in the long term, I just need to smooth it out.

The back of the rear opening is definitely the most problematic part now and that can't be resolved unless I send the belt in, which is also why I'm experimenting with various setups to see if having the rear band replaced is really a necessity.

hardbodysub likes this.
  25. squirrel

squirrel Member

Local Time:
    So after some weeks I can confirm that this belt is a good one. It is comfortable enough to be locked 24/7 without issues. No bruises or other problems. It has a slightly visible bulk under the pants but nobody would notice this unless you wear verry tight clothes.

Is it safe? After some bending and finetuning, yes it is! Taking it off is impossible and slipping out without permission is also not an option. The last part was what brought me to a belt in the first place. There simply was no cage that was secure to me.

Hygiene: this could be slightly better. A more open design for cleaning and airflow.

AgentGreen likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice