Neosteel Response Time

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by kdog, Jan 30, 2018.

1. kdog

kdog Member

Local Time:
    8:48 AM
    Does Neosteel normally take more than 36 hours to respond to a new order question?

I ordered a measurement kit, sent the money via PayPal, and contacted them via email (per their instructions). After 36 hours, I have not gotten a response, even though I asked for confirmation of the payment.

2. Timbek

Timbek Active member

France
    Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    Yes sometimes Mr Mendes takes time to answer.

3. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    2:48 PM
    I think this is common with them and for most emails. They are a very small outfit. But this is not usually a problem as their reputation is first rate and they do generally get round to it in good time. But one caveat: check you ordered via them directly at their email/site neosteel.de If you went to neosteel.nl they're an agency with which there have been bad delays. If you went there & what you ordered is just a measuring kit, then limit your damage and be sure to go to the .de site in future.

4. kdog

kdog Member

Local Time:
    Now I'm confused...

I went through shop.neosteel.com, is that the same thing?

5. Joroincharge

England
    Local Time:
    I am not totally sure. But I think you've got the right one as there's a link to it from the main site.

The proper link to their shop on the official site is http://www.neosteel.de/Nsepshop.htm
    The proper ordering info is here http://www.neosteel.de/Nsepinfo.htm

But their site is not the most user friendly. Their contact details are at http://www.neosteel.de/Nsepmotto.htm and you also could snail mail and/or telephone just to check!

6. johnhe

johnhe New member

Local Time:
    9:48 PM
    I sent a email to Neosteel asking some questions about their products BEFORE I ordered something two weeks ago, but I haven't got any response until now.

I don't know whether they will respond to someone who isn't their customer (yet). Should I order the measurement kit first before getting to know the details of their products?

P.S. : I sent emails to info@neosteel.de and posted a message in the "Contact" page on their site (https://shop.neosteel.com/en/Contact)

7. kdog

kdog Member

Local Time:
    I'm a web developer, with a history in e-commerce... their site and shopping experience just fills me with anxiety :p

lord9 and LaciesSissy like this.
  8. kdog

kdog Member

Local Time:
    I got a response today @ 11:30 AM! Just about 48 hours later. They sound very friendly and I look forward to upgrading from a my-steel with them.

Thanks for the reassurances that I wasn't robbed lol

9. Joroincharge

England
    Local Time:
    Good to hear. They are a small company which sometimes does mean delays in replying. But they do have a good reputation.

10. jlankin

jlankin Member

Software Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    Hmm I actually have a similar query. On Jan 30th I emailed them a bank transaction reference after completing an order on the shop website and transferring them over £1000, but I haven't heard anything back yet... Has anyone had any email contact with them so far in February?

11. jlankin

jlankin Member

Software Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    They replied today; all good :)

Joroincharge likes this.
  12. Joroincharge

England
    Local Time:
    I think with them it's just you need patience. Which will be good practice for when you get locked by your kh:):):):):)

13. desiretaps

desiretaps Member

Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    Like others have said there is a lead time to speaking with Neosteel, from a couple days to a week or so, but they have always responded to me. After I placed my order I reached out around week 7 just to check in , and they told me the belt was just about to be shipped. Nothing happens fast with Neosteel but the product is unlike anything else I have experienced.

14. fickditta

fickditta New member

Local Time:
    Hi! I ordered a Measuring Kit from Neosteel 3 days ago. I received an automatic confirmation email, but nothing about how to pay for it. Order status says: Open. How do I pay? Do they contact me again, or send me a PayPal invoice, or should I contact them? Thanks.

15. kevinfranco

kevinfranco Member

Local Time:
    9:48 AM
    You've to send the payment or check directly to their account, the email address is on the ordering page somewhere and in the confirmation email I believe. They also want you to give them a heads up (to a different email) after you send the payment.

johnhe and fickditta like this.
  16. johnhe

johnhe New member

Local Time:
    I ordered a measuring kit, sent the payment to their PayPal account and sent a email to tell them that I've done the payment, on March 25. I got no reply except the system message from PayPal which told me "Neosteel GmbH accepted your payment" on March 27.

What should I do now? Did I finish the ordering process and just wait? Will I receive a package trace code or something else?

fickditta likes this.
  17. fickditta

fickditta New member

Local Time:
    Hi! I did the same. I paid to their PayPal, and sent an email attaching a pdf file of the transaction, in which I also wrote my order number. I didn't receive any answers, but the Measuring Kit arrived shortly after.

18. fickditta

fickditta New member

Local Time:
    Now I have an other problem with the measuring. I'm stuck at step 1... :D

I read the instructions, and watched the video, but I still struggle with the right hip curcumference.
    I used a leather belt, laid on my back, went a hole further, measured it, it was like 81-81,5 cm. I could put my hand between the belt, and my stomach, but it is a thick leather belt, so it felt the right size, and it sit on my hip bone.

When I used the Measuring Kit, and set it to 81 cm, it felt really loose, I could put it on with no effort at all. I tried the leather belt again with 78, 79, and 80 cm, and all seemed kinda fine, even the tightest setting.

My biggest fear is that it's gonna be too small, and I can't even use it. I previously ordered a belt from Behind Barz, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me. It has a belt, that can be adjusted by + / - 2 inches. I ordered a 34 inch belt, and it was way too big, so I set it to 33 inch, and it still kinda felt loose, so I tried to set it to 32 inch (~81,5cm), but I couldn't even use it, when I put it on my hip, it was too small. It has a long straight metal plate on the back, that connects the sides, and I think I lost a few centimeters because of that, I'm not sure.

So first I thought 81,5 cm was good when I used the leather belt, but then it felt really loose with the Measuring Kit. Now everything from 78-80 cm seems a better fit. It doesn't hurt at all, it's a little uncomfortable, but that's all.

How much different the steel belt is compared to the kit and the leather belt, how tight it should be? I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused now. Please help me! :(

19. johnhe

johnhe New member

Local Time:
    Thank you. I just received their email, told me they have shipped my measuring kit by airmail. All looks good.

fickditta likes this.
  20. kevinfranco

kevinfranco Member

Local Time:
    9:48 AM
    I would suggest taking different sets of measurements and send them all to Neosteel to evaluate (obviously tell them how you did each one in the email). When I asked Mende about measuring, he mentioned I should touch base with him when doing it.

I was wondering, is there any chance you could kindly share the content on the CD with me through a cloud link or something? I gave mine to the KH who had a drive on her computer but she left for a long vacation and forgot it at home. I'm also traveling in about 6 weeks and moving to another address once I'm back so I would really appreciate if you could help me out. Is this something you think you could do?

fickditta likes this.
  21. fickditta

fickditta New member

Local Time:
    It's been more than 8 weeks since I ordered and payed for the belt, so I contacted Neosteel 5 days ago.
    No response since then. Are they on a vacation, or something?

22. fickditta

fickditta New member

Local Time:
    It's been more than a week, I can't contact them. I even tried through their website message form.
    Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any other way I could contact them?

23. christophe

christophe Active member

Local Time:
    Neosteel is always very long to respond..

24. fickditta

fickditta New member

Local Time:
    Okay, but what about the 6-8 weeks delivery? It's been like 10 weeks from the payment...

25. christophe

christophe Active member

Local Time:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice