Neosteel purchasing experience

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by northern_fox, Jun 7, 2020.

1. northern_fox

northern_fox Member

Software Developer
    Minneapolis
    Local Time:
    12:13 AM
    I'm wondering what others' purchase experience has been with neosteel. This is a fairly chaotic time, and I have no idea what conditions are like in germany right now, but I'm hoping for some reassurance.

Initially I was exchanging quite a number of emails with Rheinholds figuring everything out (measurements, etc). I payed already and we were addressing some loose end questions. However, he hasn't responded to any email since, leaving me in an inconsistent state where I have paid but not ordered. It has me a little nervous given the high cost and the fact that the payment process is largely on trust.

Coronavirus has slowed everything to a crawl, and while they were a few weeks ago they may not even be working at the moment. So anyway, I'll continue to be patient and try reaching out to someone else there if I still don't hear back.

I understand it will be several months (or more at this rate) for the whole process - and that's fine. I'm just wondering if others have had similar experience. I'm not terribly worried - they have a good rep. Just a little on edge.

2. Susan S plus1

Susan S plus1 Member

retired
    Yorkshire
    Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    Hi Northern_Fox.

Don't worry it should come in the time scale you was given. I do understand your concerns I had the same when I ordered mine with him last year. I am also waiting for another order due in around 3 weeks give or take a couple of weeks.

If you've got your measurements right you'll be in for a treat. Mine is so comfy that most of the time I forget that I'm wearing it.

3. lokdnsteel

lokdnsteel Long term member

Supervisor
    FLORIDA, USA
    Local Time:
    9:13 PM
    Hi northern_fox,
    Any updates to share from Neosteel? I’m interested in a Spaceless Fun belt from them in the near future and was wondering about some of the same things in regards to their response time. I’ve exchanged emails with Reinhold Mende in the past regarding their product line but took weeks to get a reply. Thanks for any response to this!

4. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    7:13 AM
    It sounds quite normal for me. They are rather old-fashioned ;-) than 24h/day connected to the Internet. Just be patient (sorry to say that, but it is how it works with Neosteel).

5. northern_fox

northern_fox Member

Software Developer
    Minneapolis
    Local Time:
    12:13 AM
    Yes! I finally did get the belt (will post pics in a different thread). It took a VERY long time to ship, but finally it came!! He has been responsive, but as said - sometimes takes a long time. I need to get a different sized crotch belt (one of my measurements must have been off), but for the most part it has worked out very well. Despite COVID it seems everything is working normally.

Oh - now that I've received the belt... can't recommend it enough :)

6. 11lives

11lives Sub, searching

Local Time:
    Sent my new Fun back from USA the day after we received to make and adjustment. Itvsat in Germany four weeks as Mr Mende refused the package . A bit puzzled as he asked to let him know how it fit when recivec . The package was sent back and now no person is responding to emails asking for help now have a belt that can not properly wear. Would at least want a responce saying we are very busy and some communication. Have we been taken for a ride???

Not sure what their problem is to not help getting belt correct. ?

7. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    7:13 AM
    Did you just send it or did you took care of customs processing in advance? May be it sits at customs and your supplier has to pay customs and VAT to get it (roughly 20% of the declared value).

8. 11lives

11lives Sub, searching

Local Time:
    1. Th bottom arch was only sent back and it was sent with art metal for repair.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice