Neosteel Pricing and VAT

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by Chaste Nole, May 7, 2021.

1. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    Hello,

I am considering a Neosteel belt and noticed that the prices (for non EU customers) do not seem to exclude VAT. For example, on the NS website, it says that the prices in EUR include 19% VAT and prices in USD do not. However, when considering the price in EUR, it equates to the USD value, not reflecting a 19% decrease to offset the lack of VAT.

Have past NS customers (non EU) been able to clarify this with Mr. Mende and will he honor a lower price for shipments outside of the EU?
    Thanks!

2. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    I reached Mr. Mende on this topic and it boils down to 1)cost of driving to an international shipping depot 2)customs inspection 3)misc international shipping costs = 19% VAT, so no price break for non EU customers.

From past experience, I know MySteel does off a break on VAT for shipments outside of the EU, however, it appears the NeoSteel operation has more challenging logistics.

3. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    5:06 PM
    Well customs is comparable as being in front of court or going to sea, you are in gods hands.
    I whitnessed once a couple getting devotional objects from Metallica through customs. It took nearly 2 hours to find the applicable tarrif and brought 20€ on customs.
    MySteel is located near Frankfurt and maybe they have a good customs agent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice