Neosteel Marvellous Arch - first impressions

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by whizz, Mar 17, 2018.

1. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    5:43 PM
    So, as some of you know, I had a Neosteel Arch and always got problems with the relatively narrow band connecting the tube to the hip belt cutting into my crotch fat. This is why I was quite curious about the new upgrade to the Arch, the Marvellous. It adds the shiny front shield to the Arch tube, in my case that meant making the band connecing the tube to the hip band wider, therefore reducing the chance of crotch fat "wrapping" around the band.

I took the plunge and sent my belt to Neosteel for conversion, and in the same order also switched from the normal hip band to the new spaceless hip band, and went a bit tighter.

What can I say, I am more than happy. The new spaceless band is MUCH more comfortable than the normal one, and the modifications to the Arch really make it much more comfortable to wear. Of course, it needed some bending and adjusting, but even now after wearing it for a couple of evenings, I am being able to wear it for 12h straight, and even went for a 3h walk in it. I need to adjust it a bit more and my body needs to adjust, but it almosts looks like I found a belt that is actually 24/7 wearable after 10 years of searching for one...plus, it looks absolutely amazing. The front shield can be taken off, then the belt becomes a normal Arch again (just with a pin on the tube for the front shield).

Pictures in my gallery!

Timbek likes this.
  2. easternsub

easternsub Junior Member

Local Time:
    Can you elaborate on the difference between the normal and space less hip band?

3. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    Whoops, didnt see it. The Spaceless band is thinner and not as wide, it fits much "lighter" than the normal band, it doesnt feel like someone clamped a giant metal band round your hip. I think it is much more comfortable to wear.

As an update to the belt, I put new pictures in my gallery. I am training on and off with it, still trying to find that one bending setup where I can prevent edema and still sit down. I am now locked since 8h again and found a suprisingly well working setup, lets see how long I can take it. I already wore the belt to work a couple of times, however, if I have to sit in a meeting for over an hour, everything starts hurting. Walking is not a problem any more, I could wear it for days if I just had to stand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice