Neosteel Fun (Steel rod vs cable)

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by ragedaemon, Feb 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ragedaemon

ragedaemon New member

Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    It is time--the measurement kit is in our hands and we're about to pull the trigger. However, I cannot for the life of my decide between the steel rod and the cable. I've heard that the steel rod is better for hygiene and #2 but is immovable, whereas the cable can be moved for #2. These statements seem to be opposites, as I would expect the cable to be cleaner in this instance being able to be pulled aside. Does anybody have any experience with either that can suggest one or the other? Our top priority is comfort (both seem fairly similar) and hygiene (not making a mess at all with #2, if possible). Thanks!

2. CbeltedNJ

CbeltedNJ Member

Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    not sure what model you you going for but here is what I can tell you from my belts.
    I have the fun with a rear cable. The cable is very thick and tight there is not much room to pull to the side to the side. Also the way the fun is built it runs on the inside of the tube so much less room.
    On my-steel the cable is much thinner so easier to pull. And it’s also attached to the outside of the belt which gives more length and Flex.
    Assuming with the rod you just go and wipe clean. No pulling to the side

3. ragedaemon

ragedaemon New member

Local Time:
    We were planning on purchasing the fun as well! So to me it sounds like a bit of messiness is unavoidable with #2 as no matter which option the cable/rod will get in the way to an extent unless we purchase the ego rear, which is much less comfortable.

And sorry everybody for dragging this tired old topic up—i am a bit of a clean freak so really just trying to figure out my best option.

4. ragedaemon

ragedaemon New member

Local Time:
    We were planning on purchasing the fun as well! So to me it sounds like a bit of messiness is unavoidable with #2 as no matter which option the cable/rod will get in the way to an extent unless we purchase the ego rear, which is much less comfortable.

And sorry everybody for dragging this tired old topic up—i am a bit of a clean freak so really just trying to figure out my best option.

5. ata

ata Active member

Denmark
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:21 PM
    now I have a sports belt with the thick cable and am considering buying the "FUN" model with a cable as well. but I can sense that it comes somewhat closer to the body when you move the cable 2 cm closer. but still think I would have had the cable rather than the steel pin

6. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    I had cable and moved to the steel rod.
    So, you can try to pull the cable to the side, but mess will happen anyway. Cable will be dirty, and I didn't found any way to avoid it. Cable material is (?) porous (at least I think so, and this freaks me out). Steel rod is much easier to clean and it's not porous. You will need short wiping only (as shit goes both sides it could be messier in theory, but in practice I found it way more acceptable).
    Steel rod could be (and should be IMHO) little longer than cable. It is not as flexible as cable so will not easily bend up to the body, and there is no need to. So it is not needed to have rod just "in the hole", but instead it could be ~1cm away from the body. Easy to make #2 and easy to clean.

PS.: Steel Rod is harder to fit / measure - in my case same length as the cable was mistake (in my opinion).

7. CookieC

CookieC New member

Local Time:
    3:21 PM
    Hi I am trying to order the neosteel "Fun" model. Has anyone tried the rearguard system module?

http://www.neosteel.de/Nseprg.htm

I am not too sure what do people refer to as the cable, do they mean double plastic coated stainless steel wire? For rod, is that just stainless steel wire without plastic coating? If that is the case, the cable would still be hard to bend up to the body, isn't it?

Also, are the abus lock system interchangeable with steel snap lock (i.e. I can buy both and use whichever one I prefer at the time?) I am worried that the abus lock can be jammed in long term wear due to limescale build up (am based in London, and the water is pretty hard here).

One last question, for the penis measurement, should I measure it as stated, normal relaxed status or the smallest possible (such as after a cold shower), that could result in 1cm difference in length and circumference.

Thank you.

Danny15 likes this.
  8. Mothax

Mothax New member

Local Time:
    Hi,

I’m exactly I with the same questions as CookieC.
    I’ve used the measuring kit and have all the details I need for the order, except... the rear part.
    So neosteel “says” Cor of each option is:
    -- rod is easily moved to insert things on the ass including milkers
    - cable not so easily moved, impossible to have sex
    - rearguard - extreme option, hard to even put a finger on the ass

If you guys can help me to decide, I have some questions:
    - one of the objectives is to be impossible to have anal sex - is that possible with the rod system or even with the extra movement it would be impossible?
    Is it uncomfortable to do sports because it is rigid?
    - the plastic covering the cable it really feels unhygienic? The rearguard has the same issue
    - last but definitely not least, the rivets: are they a problem? Besides feeling them has someone got an allergy to their metal or sores? I really hope not, or else I would have to get the rearguard.

To resume it:
    - I’m divided between the rod and the cable. If it prevents sex and is comfortable for sports I think it will be my option.
    - If someone has had problems with the rivets (I really hope not) I’ll have to go to the rearguard.

Sorry it is so long and thanks

9. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    #9 Fetish, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    No experience with rearguard.
    Cable: A flexible option. This is ~4-5mm steel wire (braided from many thin steel fibers), coated and in additional black shrink-tube (second coat) - it could be moved to the side. A dildo could be inserted (it depends on the fit, but rather possible).
    Stell Rod: Much more rigid than Cable. Stainless steel 4mm rod (single thick rod). Not easy to bend or move to the side. Coated only ~2-3cm on both ends. No allergies when coating removed (this people are different). Coating will wear with the time - this is some kind of plastic. Maybe it is porous (my suspicion). I personally prefer rod over cable. But this is personal. Dildo still could be inserted. I could not imagine that ~12mm "rearguard" could really protect from this (it depends on what kind of dildo you want to insert, and how flexible you are, anyway it's not a problem in my case). In my opinion: if defecation should be possible / allowed then some inserts probably too. If you want security "from behind" you could add belt-integrated dildo option (which can't be removed in case you want #2) or much wider protection band (and also #2 will not be possible without great mess) - none of them will work long-term IMHO (but as I said previously: I have no experience with rearguard).

PS: Snap lock is not secure. Go with Abus lock - I had no problems for more than 10 years (I think). There is higher security lock - probably worth considering. Any lock could be destroyed (without damaging other parts of the belt) if you have Dremel and few hours - be realistic on this.

lokdnsteel and CookieC like this.
  10. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    PS. Measure yourself after 30min cold shower. You want no erection possible. Don't be afraid. Your willy will adapt. I ordered FUN tube 2cm shorter than previous ARCH tube but I got much smaller one (~4cm shorter IMHO). I even started discussion with Dr.M, but after few hours I noticed no problems, and no problems after few days. Big surprise. Do not overestimate yourself ;) Shorter tube is much better than too long one.

lokdnsteel and CookieC like this.
  11. Mothax

Mothax New member

Local Time:
    Thanks so much for the advices!
    Now have a much clear picture of the differences and advantages/disadvantages of each one.
    PS. Unfortunately I never could have much fantasies about my penis size ;) I was using small cages before they went “into fashion”

12. sarenx

sarenx Member

Local Time:
    I own a "the fun" with the rearguard and with coated wire in the same size.
    Both sits very tight.
    With he wire is is possible to insert a dildo, but depending on the type it is difficult to get out.
    With the rearguard I havn't manged it yet, also as advertised I can't even insert a finger, just one or two knuckles.

Defecation isn't more difficult with the rearguard as with a tight sitting wire.
    Wiping of is a bit more difficult however.
    With the wire I can use a washing cloth and wipe around it.
    The rearguard however has a flat top side, which is a bit harder to reach.
    I still prefer the rearguard though, becaus it is rigid and has no rivets.
    I was considering the round rod, but in the meantime the rearguard came out.
    The rivets them self are not much of an issue, but it is an area, which can't be bend and creates a pressure point.

The high security locks is a bit longer than the normal, but unlike the normal one only the key was modified.
    The lock uses an adapter plate with the locking pin.
    If the key has to be cut depends on your belt beding situation, but it is easy to do yourself, which makes the lock interchangeable.
    Also the marine lock (which may contain nickel though) has the same size and can be used.
    And Abus offers "Baby locks", in blue and pink, which fits with the same adapter, but they use normal keys, which means they are not the same security level, but also don't need a key modification.

The snap lock isn't secure.
    Only thing you can do is use the wire seals, if you have the belt with seal posts, or put a seal sticker over the unlock holes.

bartje and CookieC like this.
  13. Mothax

Mothax New member

Local Time:
    Hi,
    Thanks.
    Just one more question:
    why do you consider being rigid an advantage?

14. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    Who said that?! ;)

In my case: flexible cable goes through "back hole". Touches there. I do not like feeling that it could be dirty. This just stays in my mind.
    Steel rod is not so flexible and because of that (with some bending) it could go ~0,5cm away of back-hole. Also it's easier to clean and not porous. This is just my personal preference or even obsession ;)

Second aspect is the feeling of better security. With rod it could be longer thus more comfortable, but still not possible to disconnect from the back. While longer cable allows cheating / disconnecting from the end. For me this is important to not have any security flaws and be fully on the mistress mercy (I am not OK with "honorable system" - this experience must be "true" if you understand what I mean) .

15. IliCBs

IliCBs Member

Denmark
    Local Time:
    I have 3 different modules for my NS belt. Tube are in 3 different sizes.
    Sports the largest diameter
    The arch medium
    Favourite type is the FUN which is the smallest type. I was not myself found of the cable on the sports one. So when I ordered the FUN I requested Dr M to make it as an ergo rear which was kindly accommodated. No “protection” from any rear entry which is not required. A no 2 can be easy done and in most cases a normal wipe is sufficient that you will for sure not be sufficient with a wire.
    I would recommend you to check for climate holes both on the top (default location on the Fun) and down just above where the funnel starts. Mine don’t have climate holes there and I would like for it to have.

16. CookieC

CookieC New member

Local Time:
    Hi thanks! May I know why at the bottom as well? Is that to prevent the urine overflow to the base of penis when doing number 1 too quick and forceful?

17. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
  18. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    The worst part of wearing a belt for me was the cables pressing on my tailbone when sitting.

Fetish likes this.
  19. IliCBs

IliCBs Member

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Just to have additional holes to get water through for rinsing. Urine drainage has not been an issue. I normally take a piece of toilet paper twist it and insert it through the opening at the end of the funnel when done it removes the last drops. Earlier it was mentioned that sometimes the urine flow and make you but wet and it happens sometimes it depends on how your penis is sitting inside the tube it changes a bit while wearing the belt. but if I rinse through the top climate holes then it sometimes takes a while before all the water has run down to the opening and it has had the potential for some hard to explain dark (wet) spots on the office chair. Well it was dealt with by “accidentley” spilling some coffee and draw attention to the spill. I would like to have the option to rinse with water through some lower climate holes. In general if you want long term wear you need to think cleaning and air to dry
    One last thing trust the advice from Dr M.
    the module I have which I use the least not to say very rarely so rarely that I am considering to sell it is the one where I thought I had a good idea.

20. IliCBs

IliCBs Member

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Ps later I can share a photo of what I mean with holes at bottom from the tube from my first belt if you want to have it visually.

21. trodaf1

trodaf1 Member

Poland
    Local Time:
    Hi Guys, I would also like to touch this topic. I own the Neosteel Fun with the plastic coated wire. I have been wearing it on and off, up to 6 days in row, but know I need to have it modified ie. the belt is too wide. One of my concerns is the wire. It is quite comfortable for wearing and especially for sitting (as I spend most time in front of PC). However it is very snug (as it is supposed to be) so the wire can not be pulled aside when taking number 2 (as described on the NS webpage), making it quite troublesome and not really healthy (as I have to push hard). Been thinking about switching to rod instead. Would you recommend it? Also been told the the ergo rear is not that comfortable for sitting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice