Neosteel belts for the physically active user?

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by Yosho, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Yosho

Yosho Member

Local Time:
    1:20 PM
    I'm thinking of buying a new Neosteel belt and was wondering if anyone who is particularly physically active can offer any suggestions based on their experience.

Since I bought a Neosteel TOTAL a number of years ago, I've become a lot more physically active and have found the TOTAL to be a bad fit (sorry, pun was intended) for my lifestyle.

My exercise generally consists of stationary biking (aka indoor exercise bike) and walking (often to the local shops, sometimes further afield so it can be up to 2 miles as a round trip). My daily target is about 60 minutes of "vigorous activity" a day (I suspect my walking pace is generally power walking as this often contributes to my total)

Since then I've found that the TOTAL is problematic. When walking long distances the wide rear opening of the belt can chafe and it's not comfortable on the exercise bike so I've often had to remove it for physical activities. (if I ever take up climbing again I'll have to remove it no matter what device or belt I use, for safety but I expect walking and indoor cycling will be the majority of my exercise mix)

Looking at the different options on the Neosteel website, the aptly named "SPORT" appears to be the best match. However, before committing to an expensive belt, I was wondering if any physically active Neosteel users can share their experience so I can be sure that I'll be getting something that allows me to maintain a healthy, active, ,lifestyle.

How much exercise and what kind of exercise can you partake in while wearing the belt? Or do you find that certain types of exercise are easier when wearing that type of belt?

MadameJs_boo and John like this.
  2. Marc Anderson

Marc Anderson Active member

Retired Firefighter, now “Gym Rat”
    Eastern Seaboard, US
    Local Time:
    9:20 AM
    I too am interested in any forthcoming answers, however my lifestyle is a bit mor vigorous. I spend 2-3 hrs at the gym 6 d/wk with both cardio and lifting regiments. As well, I ride motorcycles almost everyday.

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  3. ata

ata Active member

Denmark
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    I have a Neosteel sport.
    I can cycle if I have to but it is not optimal.
    I walked about 25 km yesterday outside the ladders in our local forest area and I have no problems with that at all .. I also have the belt on when I am hunting.

cblover2 and Marc Anderson like this.
  4. Marc Anderson

Marc Anderson Active member

Retired Firefighter, now “Gym Rat”
    Eastern Seaboard, US
    Local Time:
    9:20 AM
    How long can you wear this at a time? Weeks at a time?

5. abitodd

abitodd Member

Canada, BC
    Local Time:
    6:20 AM
    I'm more interested in how long you can sit at a desk in a Total belt. From what I've heard, it's not as comfortable as a Sports for sitting.

6. ata

ata Active member

Denmark
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    As I see it, the two belt types are not the same ... they know some completely different things ....
    I would think I could well sit on an office chair for 3-4 hours in my total belt. And I would easily be able to side in my sports belt ... But I do not have all the options there in a total belt when I am in the sports belt .... and if it is more important than having a comfortable side position ...
    SO for me to see it is a balance / a balancing of needs and not needs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice