Neosteel Arch and Edema

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by eusebius, Oct 12, 2015.

1. eusebius

eusebius Member

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    Hi all!

I've had the Arch now for a few months, trying to adjust to it. It's otherwise pretty comfy, but for some reason I tend to develop some edema on my foreskin after only a day or two. I am uncut, and use lubricant.

The only way I've figured out how to cope with this is to remove the belt every few days and let things rest for a night or so, but hey, I didn't get this to be released so often :)

I did find this thread on fetlife on this topic, https://fetlife.com/groups/51923/group_posts/6669204, but it's a bit scarce on information.

Anyone have similar experiences and advice? This seems to be something though that affects only few people but I'm hoping I'm not the only one here...

2. Yosho

Yosho Member

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    Is it possible that the tube is a little too low? I've been experiencing a similar issue with a She-Male Total belt (developing edema after a few hours). It's also worth checking if the top of the tube is pressing too much against your body.

Hope it all works out for you.

3. NightA

NightA Active member

Manchester ish, UK
    Local Time:
    how are the shemale belts for long term wear, and how well would one accomdate a PA piercing ?.. its my long term goal to get one

4. Yosho

Yosho Member

Local Time:
    Long term, I'm afraid I can't really say - I'm waiting for a redesign so that I can start wearing it for longer periods.

The main difference between the male and the shemale belt is the additional front shield (that sits over the front of the crotch). The only reason for that is to hide the "mounting point" for the penis tube so that it looks like a female belt. Therefore, I don't think there's a difference between the male and shemale belts for long term wear. I know there are people who wear them long term, with occasional removal for cleaning.

NightA likes this.
  5. NightA

NightA Active member

Manchester ish, UK
    Local Time:
    ahh i see, i just think the shemale belt looks better, and hides away the dangly bits to give a clearer lines., i shall look into it some more, i think i saw a sizing kit on thier website, and i will ask about PA capture, as i turtle i need the PA to hold me in the tube

6. eusebius

eusebius Member

Local Time:
    NightA, I go pretty small too when it's cold, and I don't have the slightest change of escaping either from the Arch or the she-male belt (I have both). No PA. Having said that, the Arch is far more comfortable to wear, as my balls tend to get painfully pinched every now and then due to the front shield of the she-male belt. However, if you only wear panties and skirts it probably isn't that bad, but with jeans it got on my nerves after a few weeks - the ball sacks got really tender and sore, and no amount of adjusting got it painless. Which is why I switched to an Arch.

Yosho, I suspect as much. I haven't had any similar problems with the she-male belt. I suppose I have to just keep adjusting the thing. One difference is that the she-male tube is a lot shorter than the Arch tube, so erections get more space in the Arch.

NightA likes this.
  7. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    Did you figure it out? I have exactly the same problem, it feels like once I get an erection the "grower" swells up, cuts circulation off and remains this way. After a day I develop an edema around the frenum area and the whole penis doesn't go back to flaccid but stays "semi-hard".

8. tiny_tim

tiny_tim Proudly Chaste

Far NW Suburbs, Chicago, IL
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    I used to get edema from the CB3000 and a bit less so with the CB6000 due to nighttime erections causing trapped fluid. This is why I don't like full tube devices for long term wear (and also due to hygiene troubles). You're going to get erections that are beyond your control whether you like them or not and having a constricting tube with a "grower" penis is inevitably going to lead to problems.

9. eusebius

eusebius Member

Local Time:
    No solution yet. I didn't get edema on CB3000 or CB6000, nor do I get it in the Neosteel shemale, so I'm hoping this is just improper adjustment. I'm trying some new tweaks. Might be related to driving a bicycle regularly, as I know it constricts the blood flow even without a belt.

It could also be that the larger tube of the Arch might be the problem here. If that is so, I'm going to have to write to Mr Mende to see if he can produce a shorter one...

10. kadillac

kadillac Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have a MySteel belt that looks kinda like a Neosteel and get edema too. I even bought a smaller tube. Didn't have these issues with my old CB6Ks or whatever. I wear this belt 24/7...my solution is...I don't have one. It never gets awful, so I live with it.

11. eusebius

eusebius Member

Local Time:
    Well, after a week of experiment - pulling back the foreskin helps. There's still some swelling, but it's quite tolerable and it goes away fairly quickly.

12. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    I also spoke with Neosteel about it - he said the edema are most likely caused by the tube cutting off circulation against the pubic bone. He advises to frequently stand up and adjust the tube so there is no pressure against the pubic bone. Will try after christmas :)

13. submike

submike New member

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    Hello,

I've recently received my Arch a week ago, and have fought hard bending and breaking it in. I can finally secure it without an hour long battle haha.

I have noticed 2 problems.

1st) I think it will get better in time, but I feel quite a lot of pressure from the base of the tube pressing into my bone, it causes my balls to get very sore within 30 minutes and restricts me from pushing passed an hour wear time due to the pain. It seems maybe if the base of the Tube had a slight contour to curve around my pelvic bone, it might help a lot because the pain is mostly centered along that flat portion of the tube.

2nd) I have made the tube to the length of my Penis, but it appears to be impossible to pee. Every time I remove the belt, I notice 3 Edema marks within 2cm of the tip of my urethra. Due to the holes being in the front side of the tube, not centered, and my penis pressing in the center of the front, anytime I try to pee I can feel the urine try and go trough, but not allowed to exit. If I unlock the belt and loosen the tube by a half inch, I can pee through it. I was thinking maybe some type of Urinary Catheter would be a great solution, but surely the holes on the belt are too small, and would need to have a center hole.

Both of these problems lead me to believe the "Arch" Might have been ordered a half inch too tight? Since if there was just a tiny bit more space, both problems would seem to correct itself. I am forced to wear the hip belt on the loosest setting in order to alleviate some pressure by allowing the belt to sit lower, although, I am more comfortable using the Hip Belt on the Middle or the Tightest Setting, but it is not possible because it brings the belt up, making this pain and inability to pee even worse.

The rear cable is super tight and is pressing onto my skin and anus the entire length.

Of course I'll take the advice, "Give it some Time" a month or 2, before taking any action regarding alteration.

I'm mainly wondering if anyone has had to have the length of the Arch Module Taken out a bit if they have had similar problems? Like .5" - 1"
    Does it seem like this might end up being something that needs to be done for this situation?

Thanks,

Mike

14. eusebius

eusebius Member

Local Time:
    I think everyone starts out thinking that the Arch is too tight... :) Keep adjusting. For myself the issue was that the waist belt was shaped wrong; it was too wide so I had plenty of space around hips, but not enough space at pelvis. But it took a couple of weeks and some really painful welts to figure it out. Also, it does take your body some time to get used to the belt.

The tube length however sounds a bit more serious. There are three holes so that air can enter the tube (it's pretty tightly sealed at top end by your skin) as the liquid is flowing out. If you're filling those three holes, the liquid ain't getting out and the air ain't getting in. It might be an arousal thing for the first few days though; having a syringe handy for cleaning is recommended. You could also try wiggling the belt or try to pull the penis a bit back using your fingers at the top of the tube; it works for me sometimes.

15. dclann

dclann Active member

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    image.jpg
    How are things going with your Neosteel Arch? i had similar issues and bending the angle of bar strap lessened the pressure on the pubs area. It was bent to far and i could get a finger in and pull out. Redoing it halfway between the two did the trick. No more edema and no more pull out.

Hope it is working out for you.
    dc

16. eusebius

eusebius Member

Local Time:
    A quick update: turns out that the missing ingredient was lubricant. Lots and lots of lubricant. My current regime is three days, then cleanup and more lubricant and it seems to work fine.

Also, I started wearing the belt a bit higher than previously, so no more pressure to the pubic phone. This required a very careful adjustment of the tube angle, but so far so good.

17. fdsfdg

fdsfdg Active member

Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    So... Install a grease zerk?

18. eusebius

eusebius Member

Local Time:
    Something like that yeah. It's kinda like having anal - no matter how much you think you're going to use lubricant, you need to add up.

19. Chastitydl

Chastitydl Member

Local Time:
    7:47 AM
    With my steel the issue is the ring at the base of the tube is smaller than the tube. This means you can grow inside more, cut off circulation, then get edema. I asked my steel if they could make me a tube with the ring welded to the very outside so it was bigger than the tube and they said no

20. Rogerbd800

Rogerbd800 New member

Local Time:
    Hi Whizz,

Did you resolve your edema problem? I have exactly the same issue - I take the arch off after 24 hours to find a swollen, fully grown, penis with edema around the frenum area. (I am also a grower).

The hip belt digs into my back a little as it points in at the bottom, the belt is flat against my back when I pull the tube down at the front. Maybe I just need to get the rear cable shortened to pull the tube further down at the front, which might better align my penis with the tube (I can fit 4 fingers in between the cable and my anus).

21. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
  22. therush

therush New member

House Husband
    Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    that was a goo idea whizz
    how is the fix working?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice