Need help with sizing and device choice

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by LockedSub88, Feb 5, 2021.

1. LockedSub88

LockedSub88 Member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    8:42 AM
    TL;DR: I've tried a multiple of devices but I get irritated skin or am able to pullout completely, I want to buy a new one so what should I keep in mind with my current experiences?

A little bit of an introduction for this long post. I'm a 33 year old male that wants to go into chastity to give my wife some more attention. I'm not really sure if she is into it, but I'm almost 100% sure that she would want to try if it would result into me giving her more attention (she made some remarks in the past about this). Because I'm trying this I don't want to spend a lot of money yet until I'm absolutely sure I can live with a cage 24/7. I'm uncut and a grower, flacid length of about 90mm (not tried on ice water yet) and a circumference of 47/48mm (measured after a hot shower/bath).

In the last few months I have been trying multiple (cheap) chastity devices to see how they fit mostly and what material I would want. I have tried the following devices:
    The resin wasn't much good in terms of quality, I had to sand down a lot of hard edges which makes the material a bit rough, I guess that didn't help with wearing comfortable. That's my main reason to not go for resin anymore. Both the 50 and 45 rings gave me red skin on my balls, after a few hours you could see a red line where the ring was. My thought at that time was chaving and the rough material.

The steel open design was mostly good with quality. The rings where smooth and comfortable. I did have trouble with pinching in this type of cage. Pulling my foreskin back and then placing the cage on prevents pinching but makes everything a lot more sensitive. Interesting for maybe the future, if I ever find a cage that fits well. The problem with the rings is that the 50mm is too big, I can pull out completely including my balls. Now I know that no chastity device could ever prevent a pull out (unless you get a PA piercing or likewise) and that's fine, but I don't want the complete device to come off. The 45mm ring was too tight, I got some red skin again just like with the resin cage. The length of the short cage was also great; when sitting and standing my head reached the end of the cage, so that should be good right?

The steel closed design was the best cage until now. The 45mm ring was too small (I figured out the 45mm of the open cage was to small to late...). Pinching wasn't an issue with this cage, but the ring was a bit rough on the inside. I again got a lot of red skin and after wearing I had a red ring around my balls again, so I guess the conclusion here is that a 45mm ring is really to small for me. The length was ok but maybe a little bit to large as when sitting my head didn't reached the end of the cage.

Because I have a hefty coupon for oxy-shop, I want to order a new device there. They recommended me the https://oxy-shop.com/collections/ch...eel-nano-chastity-cage?variant=17470433919043 The gap looks the same as the last closed metal design I tried. I'm not sure what length would be best tho, the nano is 82mm long and the small 97mm, but they both have a lip before the locking part. The inside tube lengths (20mm and 45mm) are also hard for me to use because I would need the gap size as well to compare it with my other cages.

The questions I have are
    • What should I do with the ring size if I can't choose 47mm or 48mm? Is the 50mm ring always going to give issues with pulling out?
    • How can I compare lengths between cages? For example the HT V3 Steel and the Open Design?
    • For the HT V3 Steel
      • Would you recommend the cage for me?
      • Should I get the nano or small or maybe another size? (the steel open 56mm from base ring to end was the most comfortable)
      • Should I get the 45mm or 50mm ring?
    • Would you recommend any other cage and/or material?

2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    11:42 PM
    I wish I could declare an absolute on ANY sizing and materials questions. I cannot.

My best advice is to be sure to recognize that there are OTHER dimensional considerations besides the usual. For example, the "toroid" or doughnut shape of the ring has a outer diameter, and inner diameter, but it also has a thickness or diameter of its own. Few ever mention that. Therefore, a 45mm ring that is 10mm thick will feel and perform very differently than a 45 mm ring that is 4mm thick. And if it is oval, what is the eccentricity of that oval? Don't even get me started on the ergo shaped rings....I love them, but measuring is darned near impossible at home.

Sadly, this adds to the confusion, but it then boils down to you just have to keep listening to your OWN body and experiment. The better you pay attention to YOUR anatomy, the fewer iterations you will end up buying.

If you rely on others to tell you what to buy, they (me too) will always say to buy what THEY have. And that approach will have no end. SOMEONE is always going to claim they have the best device. It may be....for THEM.

bondinchas, LockedSub88 and Iron78 like this.
  3. Mauiperson

Mauiperson Long term member

Physician
    Maui
    Local Time:
    8:42 PM
    Had all the same problems, wasted money on ball trap devices, saw the first PA CD that was a sheath only and thought this would solve all my problems. Wife and I felt very hesitant to getting a piercing. Reviewed other people's experience and couldn't find one person who regretted it. You would think that there would be many stories of regret, but there must be very few as I couldn't find one. Getting the piercing was really not a big deal if you use EMLA cream to numb the urethra and frenulum area a few hours prior to the procedure....barely felt it. 2 days of bleeding and mostly comfortable in about 3 days, healed mostly in 2 weeks. As with the others who had a PA piercing, the typical regret is why didn't get this earlier in the chastity evolution. With an open penile sheath design, no pull out, excellent security, no waking up in the middle of the night with erection pain, something I could never get over despite multiple attempts, and easy hygiene without removing the device. Despite the are articles that say it is irreversible, urologists are able to repair them in the office if that is what is holding you back. Again, I don't think there are many people reversing it based on the review of experiences out there on the internet, but again, just my personal experience.

LockedSub88 likes this.
  4. LockedSub88

LockedSub88 Member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks for this! You are right about the sizes and shapes, I tried measuring them with callipers, but the numbers where all over the place. I also tried measuring them with a tape measure by following the inner diameter, that seems to be consistent at least. Anyway this got me thinking that maybe the ergo shape is not the best shape for me, another variable to keep into mind...

I totally agree, however I'm just starting out and I'm not even sure if the whole chastity lifestyle is doable for me and my wife. A chastity cage that uses a piercing would be more secure yes, but in my point of view that is quite a big step to do and should only be done if you are sure that wearing chastity 24/7 is really what you and your partner want, I'm just not there yet.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  5. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    @LockedSub88,

I appreciate your comments. I'd like to emphasize that despite the difficulty in the measurement, I am a HUGE fan of the "double ergo" ring. The extra surface area grips the body and that allows the ring to not be as tight. Best compromise of size/shape for me. The ergo shape contours with my body in ways that the measuring devices just can't capture.

Hang in there!

Rectrix and LockedSub88 like this.
  6. LockedSub88

LockedSub88 Member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    @Lazlo Toth It's just so frustrating... I'm wearing the HT-V4 Small knockoff right now because that is the cage I am/was going to buy but in metal. The cage it self fits great, when sitting and standing I'm reaching the end of the cage, that's what I want! The 45mm ring tho... I can get it installed pretty quickly and easily, and after placing the cage I can't get the whole device off which is what I want as well. But I'm already feeling some burning, and I really don't know if the ring size is the problem or the material (I had to sand down the inside of the ring, so it's rough now which I don't think helps with this particular problem).

7. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I am not sure the burning sensation at night has been fully solved by anyone. Some are luckier than others, it seems.

Not too tight, not too loose. Smooth edges. And search for the lube that works for you.

I've tried at least six different ring configurations. My favorite is a 47mm, double, ergo, round. (Cherry Keeper)

I think the other tip that helps a lot is to wear two pair of really TIGHT underwear while sleeping.

8. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    ooh i dont. i think it better really not having knickers on. i just have my nightie on. i have wored knickers in bed but it feel all scrunchy.

9. Mauiperson

Mauiperson Long term member

Physician
    Maui
    Local Time:
    8:42 PM
    Totally get it. But if you can't get happy in a ball trap device, know that going to a PA is really not a drastic decision in which you are permanently damaging your dick. So many think this and then put this decision off for years, then when they finally get the PA, they are wondering, why they waited so long, because now chastity is much more comfortable.

10. Ormaz

Ormaz Long term member

New York
    Local Time:
    2:42 AM
    I wear this model, and burning will occur if I wait for at least 10 minutes to be completely dry before putting it on, after cleanup. After that, I can wear it 24/7 because, interestingly enough, burning doesn't occur after I've showered with the cage on.

11. LockedSub88

LockedSub88 Member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    You don't actually use any kind of lube? I don't understand what you do: when putting it on dry you get the burning feeling after 10 minutes of what?

12. Ormaz

Ormaz Long term member

New York
    Local Time:
    2:42 AM
    No lube. I use the sock technique. I wait, however, for 10 minutes after getting out of the shower before putting it on to make sure I am dry, otherwise burning can and will happen.

LockedSub88 likes this.
  13. LockedSub88

LockedSub88 Member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Ahhh ok, I ask try that, I always used since lube so might as well try not to. Thnx!

Ormaz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice