Need help sizing a Steelheart

Discussion in 'Steelworxx' started by NBChastity, Jul 9, 2019.

1. NBChastity

NBChastity Active member

New Brunswick, Canada
    Local Time:
    6:50 AM
    Hi,

I'm looking for current and previous owners of a Steelheart device. I've been looking at purchasing one for awhile but have been having issues finding pictures of devices with a tube length between 40mm-60mm. I have been wearing the Holy Trainer series of devices for awhile (v2 and v3) in Small and am wondering if these 2 tube sizes compare? I fit comfortably into the Holy Trainer v3 Small and would prefer a similar fit in the Steelheart.

Can some generous people share some pictures of their devices?

Thanks

2. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    2:50 AM
    I suspect you’re confused about how to measure for a Steelheart. Steelworxx lists the range of lengths they offer as 60 - 130mm. So 40-60mm is mostly outside the range of sizes he makes. I suspect that the confusion here is that the length measurement for Steelworxx is the whole device not just the tube. My Steelheart (see profile picture for picture) has a length of 72mm, tube diameter of 35mm and ring of 38mm. With a 72mm length, the tube would be 49mm long. The ring is 8mm wide and 15mm for the gap between the ring and the start of the tube.

Honestly though I’m not sure how a picture is going to help you with sizing. I personally went from a HTv2 Small to the Steelheart with the sizing given above. Even with pictures of both devices together it’d be hard to compare because material thickness is different. What I ended up doing is measuring interior diameters and making a decision on sizing based on that.

Personally I think in retrospect I’d go with a smaller diameter tube and maybe a little shorter tube than what I have. I do bang around in there a little bit from time to time. But really it hasn’t been too big of a problem.

One suggestion I would make is order more than one size of ring. It’s not too terribly more expensive. I ordered a 38 and a 40mm. Got the 38mm in anatomical and 40mm in standard. The HTV rings are irregularly shaped and the ring sizes they list are smaller compared to their actual size. So if you were wearing a 38mm ring the Steelworxx rings will be smaller. I ended up wearing my 40mm ring for a while and then after a while switched to the 38mm ring.

I would show you a comparison of a HTv2 small to my Steelheart but can’t help you right now because I’m traveling and don’t have the HTv2 with me (don’t really use it anymore). I do have the Steelheart with me (not wearing it but am instead wearing an Evotion Cage Eight since it has no metal, but it’s new to me and so I have the Steelheart along in case I have issues).

redbottomboy likes this.
  3. NBChastity

NBChastity Active member

New Brunswick, Canada
    Local Time:
    6:50 AM
    Thank you very much for the lengthy response. I much better understand how to size myself now, there is a 23mm gap between the start of the ring and the lower lip of the tube. Before, I was thinking the total measurement was for the tube only.

4. gruntjock

gruntjock New member

Local Time:
    5:50 AM
    Hey there, is Steelwerxx back online? I've been looking for one too, but keep getting "website under maintenance"; do you have an email or phone number for them? Many thanks!
    RJ

5. amareine

amareine Long term member

france
    Local Time:
    11:50 AM
  6. kimmie_maid

kimmie_maid Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    10:50 AM
    Hi. Thanks for the information in your post. I am researching to purchase and I wondered about tube length in relation to flaccid length. Did you leave space in the end of the tube for your PA?

7. lola_latex

lola_latex Member

South Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    10:50 AM
    I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but I’m measuring way over for their tolerances for the ring diameter. I’m coming in at a 57mm and the max is 50mm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice