My first metal cage

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Passporter, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Passporter

Passporter Member

Business Owner
    Washington State
    Local Time:
    12:33 PM
    Greeting all and happy St Patty’s,

My miss and I decided today to order our first metal cage. After experiencing the same issue with the seam of our Holy trainer v3 cause abrasions on my penis, we have decided to try out a metal model that is based on the same design (but without the seam obviously lol.)

So I’m here to ask, how do you you feel about metal vs plastic or bio resin? For those who are locked, can you tell the difference? For key holders, can you? Does the material the cage is made on change your mental feeling of chastity?

2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    3:33 PM
    We love metal.

I most definitely tell the difference. Stainless steel is smooth and lower friction. The weight is nice without being too heavy.

My keyholding wife enjoys the feel of my cage. She holds it in her hands and admires the work. She treated resin and plastic devices as toys for short scenes.

Once I got my stainless steel Contender she took chastity seriously as well, and started to embrace it in 2014.

Stainless steel definitely made an impact on my brain as well. It finally felt real.

Good luck with your search.

ugams likes this.
  3. CattowerCat

CattowerCat Member

Local Time:
    With plastic devices, due to its weaker strength, it has to be more enclosed, making those harder to keep clean. Metal devices aren't bound with that limitation, although there are plenty of enclosed designs out there. But if you do get the opened designed metal device, it means you can go days or even weeks without taking it off if you make sure you clean yourself thoroughly.

Less frequent unlock can mean that keyholder being less annoyed by the process. But it all depends on the individual keyholder. I know some would rather have the enclosed design even if it has to come off every other days at most (optimally everyday).

Cheers.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  4. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    2:33 PM
    We were hesitant to switch to a metal device for a long time even though my wife thought the Holy Trainer was unhygienic.

Her complaint was that metal devices (like Jailbird, etc.) looked like torture devices. Eventually the hygiene needs won out and we switched to a Mature Metal Queen’s Keep.

My wife’s own words after the third time we made love with me wearing it were, “I wish we had this years ago”. She loves it. It never really needs to come off for any reason. I stay perfectly clean just washing everything in the shower while I am wearing it. She has found that she loves being able to touch me through the bars (our old Holy Trainer offered zero access). She likes that it prevents erections even more than the Holy Trainer. With the Holy Trainer I would still kind of get an erection that would lift the device and my scrotum up. With the Queen’s Keep I barely get even a little bit erect. And she has always enjoyed rubbing her vagina against my cage to tease me. Now she enjoys it even more because I can actually feel it. She says she likes that I can feel what I can’t have now.

I don’t think we would ever go back to plastic. Also, I really like the security screw on the Queen’s Keep. It was a pain to line everything up and get the screw in when I first put it on in February, but aside from that it is super low profile discrete. No bulky lock, just the little screw head sticking out which is maybe 1/16”.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  5. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    It wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to smooth the seam on your Holy Trainer with some very fine (800-1000 grit) wet/dry sandpaper and a little soapy water as the lubricant. The shiny finish will be removed wherever you sand though.

There are no absolutes when it comes to chastity devices other than whatever you choose, especially if you are looking for long term wear, be comfortable and fit into your lifestyle as each material and design has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Personally I like "full tube" devices because they completely deny access to the penis but the trade off is increased maintenance because they can get a little "funky."

A lot of people like metal devices because they can often be created in a more open design, facilitating cleaning. For those into tease and denial, an open device allows the keyholder more access. Metal also has an aura of finality and security but the reality is that the weak link in any device is the lock. Locks that small enough to work with a chastity device are generally not that secure. On YouTube you can watch a video of a man opening one of the integrated "magic locks" with a piece of a condom wrapper.

With all the cheap Chinese devices, you can try a number of metal designs without spending a lot of money. Many are under US$15 including shipping. If you want to try a different plastic device, I would strongly suggest looking into the Cherry Keeper designed by our member @JosieLynn Jewell. They are well made, comfortable to wear, and a great value.

JosieLynn Jewell likes this.
  6. Passporter

Passporter Member

Business Owner
    Washington State
    Local Time:
    12:33 PM
    We actually tried this on both the original we bought, and in the extra tube they mailed us as a ‘warranty’ return, but it still causes problems.

7. CattowerCat

CattowerCat Member

Local Time:
    If you want to give sanding another go, you really have to use fine sand paper at the end to ensure a smooth surface. I started with 300 grid but I think last sanding was with 6000 or something absurd. It does help a lot.

Cheers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice