Most likely getting a contender.

Discussion in 'Male Chastity Now' started by Peaches, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    So I've been wearing my amicus for about a month now. Only a few days unlocked. I love the device, but I think I need to go smaller.... When I sit to go to the bathroom I have to hold the device and pull my scrotum to reset the device then it will work it's way back down.

I've talked to Mark at MCN, great communication. The amicus is 1.75 in length. I'm finding as the heat of summer sets in I'm smaller than I thought or I'm just getting used to Chastity.

My 1.75 ring is getting loose. I'm going to try the 1 5/8 ring this weekend if I'm allowed to unlock. The amicus ring diameter is 1.25. with the sizing rings I'm at a 27mm which is 1.06 inches. I've got to ask Mark but his website only has 1 inch and 1.125 inch

During the day, 90 something degrees, 110 degrees with the heat. My device is falling down. When I sleep and sit in my truck I'm getting clearance inside the device. I feel like the cage could be shorter by a quarter to half inch. And I wanted to try a smaller base ring. Maybe 1 5/8.

The contender at 1.5 inches will look like a glans armor with a base ring I'm gonna lean on Peter rabbit because he is the resident MCN expert.

My thoughts are a 1 5/8 oval base ring. 1.06 or something similar device ring. 1.5 length cage.

Just tossing my ramblings out there to see if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    You’ll love the Contender. It’s lighter and doesn’t draw down for me.

I’m just thinking out loud here... not too authoritative in this feedback but... I think 1-1/8” internal diameter cage should be fine. How do you feel in your 1-1/4” Amicus? Are you waggling about inside of it? Does it feel roomy when flaccid?

I did ask Mark to make me 1-3/16” diameter cage, and he did the custom order via email. Zero issues. Spot on dimensioning. Perfect fit. But that was for a GlansArmor and I wanted a slightly tighter fit than 1-1/4” after wearing it for nearly two years of happy and healthy wear.

I don’t know if jumping from 1-1/4” to 1-1/16” instead of 1-1/8” is necessary. You can always ask him and see what’s he says. I think our conversation was I wouldn’t feel too much difference. And I agree 1/16” (1.5mm) is a small difference. For a Contender it’s more subtle than something thats only grips your shaft.

On the base ring. Yeah. It’s hot!

Perhaps the sweat and low hanging balls are affecting your fit. I don’t have an Amicus. It’s a bit heavier in build so that might explain the draw down.

But if you have a tighter base ring, try it. It might help. Just make sure you don’t have too much bunched up and folded skin such that it hurts. I use an anti chafing cream to put on my 1-3/4” (nominal ID) cage Mine’s oval-ised. The cyclist’s cream prevents friction burns and lets me settle in.

From what I see the base rings are completely compatible, so if you order one you can swap.

On length. I see that “The shorter cage is 1-3/4 inches... Again, this is only the cage length, so if you factor in base ring thickness and gap, then the device works well for those whose flaccid length is around 2-1/2 inches”

So if you want to go down to 2”, I have one like that. 1/4” gap and 1/4” basering and 1-1/2” length.

Mark told me recently: “A 2 inch flaccid length (not actual cage length) is the borderline in making a Contender with one or two cage rings. Any flaccid length shorter than 2 inches definitely requires a cage having only one ring. I normally make a Contender with two cage rings though, for flaccid lengths of two inches.”

So it’s totally up to you if you want it to drop a little, or be straight. I’ve worn the 1-1/2” length with a 1/2” gap as well and it’s not too long for me at 2-1/4”.

If it’s drooping down then you’re probably getting a gap from that. Maybe try the smaller base ring... do you have that or were you going to order it?

I don’t have definitive answers. Mark is great in email for support. But it’s funny. I started responding before I read you mentioned my name. Haha.

Good luck!

3. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I don't have the smaller base ring but I have the sizing ring set. I plan on trying out the smaller base ring it I'm allowed to unlock this weekend.

I asked mark and he said that he could shorten the amicus but could not change the ring diameter on my device without making a whole new one. And that a contender less than 1.75 is basically a glans armor with a base ring attachment. Which I'm not against.

The amicus has a slight Higene issue where the rings all weld together. The contender/glans armor does not. I like that. Because now I have to ask to be unlocked at least once a week to clean things out.

Measuring my flacid length I'm at 1.75ish. it's hard to tell because I can't stay flacid when start touching myself. During the day it seems I get my "true" flacid length which is shorter.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  4. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I ordered a smaller base ring as a first step. See how it feels and if it's right work on my other measurements.

5. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I was allowed to unlock today to deep clean. I put my 41mm sizing ring on and I'm gonna try out my bijou redo that came in last week.

41mm was tough to get on, but fits great. Amazing how your body adjust and gets used to certain things. A month ago I couldn't handle this small of a ring.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  6. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Bijou was a flop. But that's for a different thread.

I received my smaller base ring from mark. I chose to close the gap to 1/4. Mistake. The diameter feels good. So getting mark to send out a 41mm with 3/8 gap.

7. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Mark sent me info on how to modify my base ring for a wider gap. Love the customer service.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  8. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    6:15 PM
    I am very happy with the fit and quality of my Contender. In fact, I have performed extensive testing on his welds. Sadly to say, they are very good. I like being able to make small adjustments for different seasons. Mark is great to work with as well.

corsac and Peter Rabbit like this.
  9. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Opened up the gap on the 41mm. Very easy to Do. The bottom gap is just larger than 3/8. Started at 1/4. Where the cage and the base ring connect it's still at 1/4.

So the cage overall actually fits much nicer. So far I haven't had the same draw down but the real test will be at work when the temps are up.

corsac and Peter Rabbit like this.
  10. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    6:15 PM
    #10 Xileh, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    In addition to adjusting the gap by bending the post, the length can be adjusted a bit depending on how many rings you have. You can expand or contract the length by gently spreading the rings apart or pinching them closer together. It really helps to fine tune the length. I think that makes this design very flexible in contrast to “tube” styles or “magic locker” barrel style locks.

I had a heck of a time getting solid measurements. Over the period of a month, the length and diameter were all over the place. They also seem to change with temperature.

It’s certainly more difficult than measuring a 2x4.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  11. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Yeah. I get that. I've got over 400$ invested in a bijou that I can't wear more then four days

12. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    There far too many jokes that come to mind from your off hand comment. I need a separate thread!
    X’-D

Peaches and Xileh like this.
  13. Naljeans

Naljeans Active member

Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    Seasonal changes are definitely real. I moved from 1 3/4 to 1 5/8 as I’ve tightened up physically. It’s like a different cage. I had grown accustomed to it sliding down. No more. It’s truly tight 95% of the time, yet no discomfort. Mark is a wizard.

14. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Five days into the 1 5/8 and my scrotum is not happy. Lubricating multiple times a day, nice red ring going on. I feel like it fits great but my scrotum is not agreeing.

Mark is making a 1 11/16 ring, trying that next.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice