Modified Thing

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by tinlizard, Apr 13, 2022.

1. tinlizard

tinlizard New member

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    I'm fairly new to devices myself. With the price of good cages, I felt I needed to experiment with styles and such before I decided on any big money.

I found this set on thingiverse:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3113383

But I made some modifications because it didn't fit me well.
    I'm a grower and heavy set, so not only is turtling a problem, but I also found I needed a rather large ring to get everything through, but some sizes of cages left too much room for the twins to pop back through. I was also having trouble with the print-in-place joints, so I made solid rings. Ultimately, I've got an elongated ring w/ a shorter neck(no spacer) and a bend in the neck. Opening on this one is 50mm X 60mm.
    upload_2022-4-13_12-34-42.png

The small cage I added a lip to prevent slippage.
    upload_2022-4-13_12-37-5.png

Assembled it looks like this:
    upload_2022-4-13_12-38-36.png

I also found I needed to wear a strap to hold it up so I didn't slip back through.
    If there's someone who is girthier, I made a roomy version too:
    upload_2022-4-13_12-41-59.png

One other note. The original design used a hollow key that a one time use tag could be run through. I was having trouble with the integrity of the hollow tube, so I made it solid for fitting, but obviously doesn't lock. I did, however, find that with a little modification to the right hand side, the peg from a CB3000 could fit through the keyhole and accept the typical shackle lock. I may see if I can model a printable version of that peg, but it likely isn't as strong as the resin/nylon/whatever peg that the CB comes with. Also wonder if there's a simple clevis pin I can pick up at home depot or something that would fit the hole and accept the lock.

If anybody wants and of these files, let me know.

2. tinlizard

tinlizard New member

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    Here's a picture of the actual print. Probably not the best picture. The ring is in black and the cage in white.
    upload_2022-4-16_10-7-36.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice