Minor adjustments with Queens Keep?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by satyr_returns, Aug 26, 2018.

1. satyr_returns

satyr_returns Active member

IT Manager
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    I wore my Queens Keep for a week, to break it in. When I removed it after week one, there was a single spot, on the underside of my balls, that was abraded and bruised.

I took a couple of days off, and now I am almost halfway through a two-week lockup. I am experiencing more discomfort on the underside of my balls, and I don't know if this is normal adjustment or a signal of something wrong. I am feeling it most acutely when I wear jeans, which are not forgiving. While driving today, I really felt uncomfortable (Day 6). I am trying to use mineral oil to soothe and loosen the skin.

(At those occasional times when my balls become high and tight, things feel constricted -- this is probably normal).

I am not eager to go to the next size (oval) ring, or to switch from oval to round -- I think that would be too loose. So I'm just monitoring for now.

My hope is to do a full month once I know I have the right size. I had hoped to do Locktober but I might have to get on a plane in late October and that would interrupt my "24/7 for a month" goal.

2. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:58 PM
    Just check there’s nothing that’s causing this irritation on the ring. I can find my scrotum gets bunched up sometimes around the ring and I may need to stretch it out a little

3. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    4:58 PM
    Assuming there is nothing on the ring itself that's causing any abrasion, you might be trying too hard. When I first started, there was no way I could go a week. You have to get the skin used to the constant rubbing. I would go for hours to start, working up to days. Then a week.

4. satyr_returns

satyr_returns Active member

IT Manager
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    Thank you for the comments. I used to have a Birdlocked and was able to go three full weeks without removal (though found out that it needed to be removed for cleanliness and breathing more frequently). I did a full week without too much problem, so I am trying two.

I am noticing that sometimes for whatever reason (maybe during sleep as I lay on my side) the oval shifts around 20 degrees in either direction. So the oval isn't lying correctly centered. That seems to be one cause of the problem, when I rotate it back it's a little better.

Driving in jeans appears to be something I need to get used to. Softer fabrics seem to work better.

It is a journey, that's for sure.

5. janders6

janders6 Trying to work it

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    Take your time doing a very thorough inspection of the ring. When I started with my QK I developed a small scratch/sore, upon inspection I discovered a small spot on the ring that was a bit rough. I carefully polished that area of the ring to smooth it out and haven't had an issue since.

Other thought, the compression of jeans, especially while driving, sometimes requires a bit of adjusting when getting into the car to limit the pinch. I wore my QK for 6 months straight while working a job with a 90 minute one way commute.

6. Lann

Lann Active member

Local Time:
    Also, try a long lasting lubricant like Vaseline. It really helped me. On day 22 now

7. Charleston

Charleston Active member

Machinist
    South west Louisiana
    Local Time:
    Could the gap need adjusting?

8. Greg Goltz

Greg Goltz Member

WI
    Local Time:
    I had the same problem. Went to a bigger ring and it helped, but it ended up being too big. Gave up on the MM.

9. Chat408

Chat408 Owl always love you
    Verified Female

Kansas
    Local Time:
    We have a guess keep with that was shifting also. We wound up ordering a jail bird with a smaller base ring, shorter cage and narrower in diameter. It was too small and he had problems with it. Our solution was to use the original base ring with the shorter cage and narrower in diameter. We no longer have the issue with shifting but the lock is harder to get through the hole.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice