Metal vs Plastic/Resin

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by subspider, Jan 17, 2023.

1. subspider

subspider Active member

Teacher/Instructional Designer
    USA
    Local Time:
    4:01 AM
    Not sure if this is the right forum for this question or discussion, but recently I entered into a debate with someone about plastic/silicone, etc vs metal cages. The person discussing it with me had the contention that plastic cages promote odor more than metal ones do. The rationale behind it is that plastic and resin are porus and can trap in the odor/sweat/urine more than a metal one can. I am not denying the logic behind it. That may indeed be true. I am wondering if anyone here has more firsthand experience with that than I do. I imagine the style of the cages play a big role in that as well. Any closed style cage is going to be more difficult to clean than an open one.

So, what is this community's consensus on this if I may ask?

2. Jail Bird

Jail Bird Long term member

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    I trained in plastic for years. Moved to steel for long term and ease of keeping clean

3. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    It didn’t take me long to realize that plastic holds odor and creates odor and sweat and I don’t even cage often. Not to mention you are trapping very porous skin next to God only knows what chemicals which can be leaching into your skin. Metal is the only way. you can use cheap plastic to dial in on size.

Deleted member 97201 likes this.
  4. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    Here's my experience with the issue.

Most of my devices have been/are plastic. The one I've been wearing 24/7 for a couple of years now (the NC03 in the avatar) is stainless steel.

There is no comparison. The plastic cages needed to be removed and cleaned at least once or twice per week to clean them effectively. With the stainless steel cage, I typically go months without removing it, and usually when I do, it's only to make sure I can do a good job shaving and then take advantage of the situation and do an extra good cleaning at the same time to restore it to "like new" condition.

For whatever reason, the SS cage is much easier to keep clean.

~subrick

Simon 123 likes this.
  5. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I have a polycarbonate and can clean with a squirt bottle and q-tip very effectively. I've gone a month without removing it without sanitary or odor problems. But, if I wasn't rigorous about cleaning, I'm sure it would become problematic.

6. Deleted member 103212

I have tried metal and poly cages. I prefer the fit and feel of the poly over the metal. I think the cage design has more to do with odors than anything. The more closed up it is the more moisture and bacteria, naturally. I’ve been in my Evotion cage 8 for a few weeks. I’ve gone a week and no smell or “funk” going on. I won’t go more than a week though just to make sure there are no “hidden” problems.

littleguy3 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 97201

I have a plastic cage fromKink3D. It’s easier to keep clean than the closed tube style with three holes. I find the metal ones don’t absorb the smell into the material as the plastic/resin ones.

8. Pieterchaste

Pieterchaste Long term member

Engineering
    South Holland, Netherlands
    Local Time:
    9:01 AM
    I have one plastic / resin cage (a kink3D knock-off) for air travel..
    still it’s hard to wear for a couple of days in a row! Good for a day or so but over two days I’m starting to experience issues.

I swear by metal as the plastic gives me rash, pinching and ball burn. I just can’t get used to it for longer term wear.

Nowadays, when going on a flight, I use a key-tube with a numbered tag to keep the key secure.

9. Lisa4343

Lisa4343 Long term member

Retired
    Maryland , USA
    Local Time:
    Steel is the best; easy to clean and most secure. Sissy locked in steel knows the KH has total control.

10. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    My answer is pretty much the same. I tried the polycarbonate CB series and the bio resin Holy Trainer, and both developed an odor in a day or two no matter how assiduously I cleaned. It was a huge turnoff for both of us.

I moved to mature metal Jailbird in stainless steel, and problem solved. I loved my Jailbird, and only gave it up to move to my titanium looker 1. Hygiene is sooooo much easier with steel/titanium cages.

11. TangoSub

TangoSub Long term member

US
    Local Time:
    3:01 AM

I have noticed if I go long periods between hygiene cleanings with the HT I have started to pick up a bit of an odor. I really only notice though when I take it off for cleaning.

When I used the CBs (various) I dont recall any odors even going well over a month before hygiene (which I dont do anymore as a practice).

I want to try a metal cage at some point. Its just that the HT V5 I am wearing now is so much more comfortable at this point

Tom_S likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice