Metal or 3D printed plastic?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Kidkrippler, Jun 11, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. Orallover

Orallover Member

Switzerland
    Local Time:
    11:33 PM
    I like the look and feel of metal (my 2 favorite are the Red Chili's Ibicella and Lily cages) but.......because of the weight, whatever the size or shape of the ring, the cage will slide down. I've tried different ring sizes and shapes, but simply have not found one that stays up; the smallest ring I tried probably would, but not without considerable discomfort and pain, so not worth it.
    At the moment we use a black Cobra cage that, because it is so light, tends to stay a lot higher, and I like to look when it's closer to the body.

homebody likes this.
  2. homebody

homebody In awe of GoddesofHomebody

Local Time:
    5:33 PM
    we are the same. The Cobra is the most comfortable one I have found.

Orallover likes this.
  3. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    thanks for sharing. Comparing similar style ball trap cages, 3.5 ounces is 99 grams. Compared to 16 grams for my plastic cherry keeper. A big difference.
    The main point is that there are plenty of pros and cons for deciding upon various cages. The choice is very much personal as to what aspects are most important to people. Stainless is nice, I’ve worn them a lot. I also run 3 miles/day and do other cardio and hate how metal cages tend to slide down during heavy exercise. I’m very happy with my 16 ounce cherry keeper and have been wearing it 24/7 (except when the mrs. wants to use the equipment) for almost 3 years. I wish everyone as much happiness finding a cage they like, no-matter which type, style, or material. It boils down to a series of choices and preferences.

4. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    10:33 PM
    That happened to me as well. While I had plastic devices, it was just "his kink", and we had lockup periods of a week or two.

When she first saw me wearing a steel cage, her eyes lit up and she said "Oh! Jewellery!", and ever since then she's been deadly serious about it.

So it's not just your preference that matters; Find out what she prefers too!

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  5. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    Yes yes yes. Very important.

6. CabanaJack

CabanaJack Long term member

Retired
    USA, Denver CO
    Local Time:
    3:33 PM
    I just want to clarify. This likely should have said 16 grams, not 16 ounces!

BTW - I concur that light weight is a major advantage of the Cherry Keeper. Love mine.

7. J.D.

J.D. Member

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    Currently wearing my cherry Keeper short pink. Super comfy and light. I have a Jailbird which I also like but have to go through metal detectors every day. Just wish plastic was easier to keep clean!

8. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    I’ve had plastic, resin, stainless steel, and now titanium. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, so it comes down to what works best for each individual/couple.

OUR preference is metal for sure. My wife/KH prefers the look of the metal and the implied security. I like that as well, plus the ease of cleaning and the somewhat sleeker silhouette under clothes. Getting a perfect fit in titanium was totally worth it for us, and I think this one will be the last cage I ever purchase. We have finally gotten a cage that might slip below routine awareness** because it is so comfortable. And the fit is so good that it is not coming off without the key or the use of tools, which pleases us both.

**I don’t see how anyone could “forget” they are wearing a chastity device. But I liken this cage to a woman’s well fitting bra. Yes, she knows it’s there, but is so used to it that the awareness generally fades into the background. I am at that point with this device.

perma likes this.
  9. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    haha. Yes. 16 grams.

10. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Is there any (3D printed) nylon device on the market that uses as little material (open design with few bars) as metal cages?

For example, I have two problems with my current cage (custom chastity nylon cage).
    1. It always slips down as I have low hanging balls. Maybe it would be better with a different sizing (A-ring or gap), but I would imagine with metal the situation is even worse due to the extra weight.
    2. On the bottom of the penis, where the ball sack begins, the skin is always touching and sweat accumulating in the fold between ball sack and shaft, leading to skin problems as it's always wet. Hence I feel like a very open design could be advantageous as the skin can breathe more and there's less skin folds. But maybe it's just a sizing issue?

I'm basically thinking to either get the Evotion Orion (for it's low weight and also because I heard it's a bit more pull-out proof than a normal metal cage due to the "headlock"), or the MCN Contender (as it's a very open, hygienic looking design).

So basically I would love to have something like a Contender but made out of nylon. Maybe nylon is not strong enough?

11. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    I have an Orion and been locked in it for over 2 years now.

It's great, its light weight, and because I also have it measured and sized exactly, I can't pull out (except maybe on an exceptionally cold day in the shower, but those are rare - I've been successful 0 times so far).

I can tell you the "headlock" isn't what prevents pull out, it's not designed as a "lock" so much as for where a good majority of the weight of the cage (which isn't much but still) rests. It works very well for that, but I can still turtle back past it. Which is a little uncomfortable but not painful or dangerous.

Even turtling like that, though, I can't pull out. So it's more the design + making sure you get sizing right!

But - it isn't as open as I think you're looking for. The part of the cage underneath that is in contact with my balls does get a little extra sweaty, I need to usually take a clean piece of TP and wipe there after I pee (not because of urine, just to keep it drier.

All that said, it's really good. I recommend.

12. Morgan2

Morgan2 Member

Chesapeake
    Local Time:
    I don't have any 3D printed ones myself, although I have thought about printing one, but I prefer a cage because of its openness and able to keep it clean easier..

13. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Therein lies the problem. Plastic is much weaker than steel of the same dimensions. If a cage was made of such thin cross section plastic it would be much more likely to break.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice