measuring advice for jailbird (dick pic alert)

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by rxbuk, Nov 16, 2019.

1. rxbuk

rxbuk Member

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    hi all, i’m measuring up for a jailbird and need some advice, specifically base ring diameter and cage diameter.
    i currently wear a spiral cage device that i purchased from a uk company.

the internal dims are (in millimetres)
    base ring 45mm
    cage 31mm

it’s causing edema after prolonged use and so i’m going custom

i have sourced some rings to help discern a reasonably accurate idea of what i’m going to need.
    they are 31,34,40,45 & 50mm

i have had joy wearing the 50mm base ring, plenty of room for a finger to the first knuckle, although i think it may be 2mm over sized for me.
    the 31 & 34 over the shaft are giving me problems with regards to choice
    the 31 sits nicely behind my glans and doesn’t move, giving a slight indentation when taken off, the 34 can travel up and down a bit and no indentations when removed.

in the pics is (top to bottom)
    50/34/31 rings.
    06000AC3-9ADF-4B22-9CCD-AB42DBD80355.jpeg

obviously i want to order the cage as correctly as possible first time round.
    so with that said what are people’s thoughts on a

base ring -
    47.5mm/1&7/8”

cage diameter -
    35mm/1&3/8” OR
    32mm/1&1/4” ?

cage length i’m still working on.
    i’m getting measurements of between
    2” & 3&1/2” at various times.

gap i’m also not sure on, i was toying with 3/8” but wonder if 1/2” would be a better start. i have had the scrotum burn over night with this current device and writing now i can’t remember what the gap size is of this one. is bigger gap better?

any help or advice would be greatly received,

best regards Rob.

2. altrent

altrent Member

NW United States
    Local Time:
    4:00 AM
    Base ring: if you think that the 50mm that gave you a bit more room than was necessary, then on paper the move to 48mm (1 7/8") might seem ideal. One word of caution though: you may hear a lot of recommendations for the oval ring, and in fact I have it and think it's great. But what it does is shrink the vertical measurement (by about 1/16") and widen the horizontal (by the same amount), so you'll be at like 1 13/16" vert. and 1 15/16" horiz. In other words, it'll be even slightly tighter up-and-down than 48mm, although that will also help to limit movement (see "Gap").

Cage diameter: in my opinion, the 31mm looks far too small, and the 34mm looks a too small also. You mention that the 34 can move a bit, and not leave an indentation, but were you perhaps a bit "excited" in the pic? I believe the generally-accepted thought is that the cage diameter should just *barely* be touching the soft member; in the pic, the 34 seems to be doing more than that. Based on the pic, I would go 35, not 32, and maybe even consider 1.5".

Gap: it might seem that bigger is better, but smaller also means that the base ring will have less freedom to move as you move, or as you periodically grow and shrink. Less movement would mean less opportunity to pinch, or for things to get really out of alignment down there just because of a seemingly innocent shift in your chair, or leg position.

Length: getting measurements between 2" and 3.5" (if I'm reading your post correctly) suggests that you have to be more consistent with your measuring. MM documentation says to do it "when you are soft, not shriveled -- you know the difference", with a ruler underneath the member and touching the front of the sac.

I doubt I have provided the definitive answers you sought, but I hope it gets you going in the right direction, and the best part is, MM is pretty good about answering these types of questions. They will almost certainly suggest you buy their $25 plastic sizing ring kit, which is NOT refunded upon purchase of a cage. But it contains rings of several different sizes (for the cage diameter and base ring) and is worth the cost, considering that while cages can be re-sized, there is a cost, and BTW the cage diameter cannot be changed at all. Best to get it right the first time!

rxbuk likes this.
  3. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    You really should just call them and speak to the owners on the phone. I did so and got a perfect fit on the first try because I called them first and they answered all my questions. They have their phone number on the website and were pleasant to speak with and were more than happy to make sure I was happy and this was before buying anything. Just call them and keep a note pad with you to write down the answers to your questions.Go directly to the source and get your answers.

4. billzboats

billzboats 63rd birthday

Groundskeeper
    US
    Local Time:
    Great people!

5. billzboats

billzboats 63rd birthday

Groundskeeper
    US
    Local Time:
    Deal with them on a personal level. They are great people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice