Measurement questions for 2A with retainer ring

Discussion in 'Lori Devices' started by NewLifer89, Nov 21, 2021.

1. NewLifer89

NewLifer89 Active member

Firefighter
    United States
    Local Time:
    11:44 PM
    Hey all. So Lori is opened back up .. for now. So I resubmitted my order so I'm in line at least. I have a 6 month wait. But I want to try and get my measurements as perfect as I can. (duh)

Right now I have a Mature Metal jail bird. When they tell you to measure your length, they want you to measure from under the shaft, forward towards the head. So, technically my cage with MM is a 1.5". But if you add in the gap, and ring size (3/8 + 1/4") it comes up to 2 1/8" overall. But with Lori, she wants you to measure from the top of the shaft down towards the head. So would I be 2 1/8" length then for Lori? Am I measuring for the gap and ring size as well? Or if I told her 2 1/8", then would she add on the gap and ring?

Also, what's the best way to measure for the retainer ring? I've tried using a soft tape measure. I just dont know if its too tight or loose... its weird. You want the retainer ring to be perfect because that makes or breaks the device on having no pull out. I found some rings online that I've been playing with. The problem is, they are all 1/4" rings. So they dont sit the same as a 1/8" ring would, which is what lori uses as her retainer ring size. Any advise for retainer ring measuring.???

Also, is there anyway to measure for a gap? Most people seem to get a 3/8" gap. Which would be 3/8" on the bottom and 1/4" on top. I know everyone is different. So is there a good way to measure for gaps?

Last question is, do you have any advise for where the retainer ring sits? Do you just measure from your tip, down towards your crown or "frenum" area as Lori calls it. Sometimes I turtle really badly when I sit, so is there any advise for where to measure the retainer too for turtling. I dont want to be in pain if the shaft is turtling, and pulling into my body, but the retainer is stopping that.. is that makes sense.

Thanks again and hopefully I can get some answers.

2. lokdnsteel

lokdnsteel Long term member

Supervisor
    FLORIDA, USA
    Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    Hello. I have a Lori 2A custom with retainer ring. Mike made it and I received it in early 2020. I’m aware of the problems Lori had and glad to hear they’re back in business again.
    I’ll try answer some of the questions.
    What I did for the ordering process was a lengthy ordeal over many months of measuring everything. I wanted the perfect fitting device and considering the time and cost wanted it done right.
    For the length, that measurement is from the back of the base ring to the front tip. Your size sounds very similar to mine. My total device length was 2-3/8”. So yes you are adding in the width of the ring and gap… for me this was 3/8” + 3/8”. My cage length is 1-5/8”. This measurement is my smallest flaccid size minus 1/2”. You want the penis resting nicely against the inside front of the cage. I wanted no room to grow and stop erections from getting started. Again many months of measuring everything! I also used a couple of Chinese devices that fit well to help.
    I submitted to Lori, when I made the payment, a very detailed sketch via email that described everything in full detail the design and measurement of the entire device I was seeking.
    As far as measuring for the retainer ring….
    I did use rubber I rings (bought a kit at Home Depot with an assortment of sizes). Then I decided to purchase a couple titanium men’s rings on eBay. These cost around $7-8. My ring size for the retainer is a size 11. This has a diameter of 20.5mm which seemed perfect. I wanted it to be snug enough but not to affect my urine stream. And yes it fits on my glans behind the head.
    I’m trying to work on a custom retainer ring because unfortunately I get a tiny pinch in there on the underside of my penis every so often and I want to eliminate that.
    In the end, after waiting around six months my device arrived. I was very happy I ordered a Lori. It’s absolutely a work of art! It was well worth the wait. I love the weight of the device and the retainer works well as far as an anti pullout feature. I wasn’t interested in a piercing either. Unfortunately I had to send it back to Lori because I screwed up the gap. It was too small. But the adjustment was easy to fix. And the turn around time for the adjustment was just a few weeks. Check out my profile pics.
    And btw there a great thread somewhere on here with lots of members input on the 2A. Hope this helps.
    Lokdnsteel

Danny15 likes this.
  3. NewLifer89

NewLifer89 Active member

Firefighter
    United States
    Local Time:

I ordered mine in March of 2019 and in February of 2020 she canceled my order saying mike left. So I waited almost a year and never got it. All I got was excuses about not being able to get products because of COVID.

I was using 1/4” for her base ring size, Isn’t that the size of it? With my jail bird the gap is 3/8” and ring is 1/4” with a tube length of 1 1/2. So that comes out to be 2 1/8 total. Which seems to be an over all good fit for me. Sometimes I shrink down when I’m very relaxed or sitting and I have room in the front of my cage. But through out the day, I am usually filling up the cage. I might go 2” over all with just a 1/8” less then my jail bird.

as for the retainer rings, I also did the same thing. I went out and bought rings, but they seem to just side off even though they are snugged. I will have to look on eBay and see if I can find any jewelry rings.
    When you say your has pinching on your retainer ring, how much off do you need? Where on your penis is the pinch? Like top or bottom or sides?
    Did you ever use a string measurement? And if you did, does the string measurement match what you ended up ordering / does it match the titanium ring size you used?

What did you have for your original gap? And what do you have now? Did you measure for it, or just go off your Chinese devices? Did you use the same gap as your Chinese devices or desire to go smaller at first?

Thanks for your response

4. lokdnsteel

lokdnsteel Long term member

Supervisor
    FLORIDA, USA
    Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    I’m pretty sure the width of the base ring is 3/8” but will double check it later.
    The pinch occurs on the underside where the retainer and post meet. Sometimes a tiny bit of skin gets pinched there. It’s very annoying so I sometimes just wear the device minus the retainer and let things heal.
    I never tried the string method to measure, I thought it wouldn’t be accurate enough.
    I think I measured for the gap correctly based off the Chinese device (3/8”) but needed the cage angled out a bit more because the bottom of it was too tight around my balls.
    I’m trying to remember how I did all this to the best of my knowledge… it’s been almost a few years since I started the measuring process for my Lori.
    My advice is: measure, measure then measure some more lol!

5. NewLifer89

NewLifer89 Active member

Firefighter
    United States
    Local Time:
    I was lucky enough that someone I know has a 2A and he mailed me the cage to try out. It was a little big for me, but I got to experience the cage. Of course alittle hard, the cage fit, and I was able to try the hole retainer ring, and it works. So that’s why I’m so excited to get one. But one thing I did notice was the area where the screw goes for the retainer ring did press against my balls a good bit. So either keep it tight against the balls for a more discreet look, or raise it alittle but then have more of a bulge. I’ll probably just keep mine tight.
    The string method has been kinda every where, but not by too much. One time was 7/8”. Another was 1” and another was 15/16”. Right now I’m currently locked in the jailbird, so I have to wait to be released to do more measurements. I got time though.
    Both Lori and traci from MM said the same thing about gaps. Most people have a 3/8” gap. Which is 1/4” on the top and 3/8” on the bottom. That seems to work well for me. So I’ll probably just get that. I’m curious was the HT v2 gap is. That use to face pretty snuggly down against the balls. Basically smushing my balls but that cage wore well. Just couldn’t clean it for shit.

6. david ferris

david ferris New member

Local Time:
    8:44 PM
    Measure from the stomach wall to the tip as she requests. I found that split rings (key rings) come in plenty of sizes, I have found up to 2" diameter ones. I used 1", 15/16ths and 7/8s". for trials and could get into the 7/8" ring with some effort and found it uncomfortable when engorged. Rubber "O" rings are also readily available and inexpensive for sizing. She is putting me in a 1" retainer, 1/4" gap and 1 7/8" base ring after she corrected a couple of my numbers.

She put me at 6 months out and said I could finalize my sizing for up to 5 months.

Danny15 likes this.
  7. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    For the ring measurements, I recommend a set of measuring rings from Mature Metal and/or a kit of assorted size rubber O-rings from a hardware store.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice