Made it back

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by iwearpanties, Jul 28, 2017.

1. iwearpanties

iwearpanties Member

Local Time:
    10:32 AM
    Hello

Wow I finally made it back here life taken some crazy turns for me but I've made it back and glad to see the site still up and running !

sissybitch and tomf_22033 like this.
  2. Charles3451

Charles3451 Long term member

SE England
    Local Time:
    Welcome home

sissybitch likes this.
  3. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Welcome back to one of the early members.

You will hopefully find it much the same freindly and helpful place it always was.:)

One post you might like to check out this one https://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?threads/avatar-policy-on-cm.21468/

Things have changed on that "front" ;)

4. iwearpanties

iwearpanties Member

Local Time:
    I've been asked to remove my profile photo ! It seem to unattractive my bad I will leave I won't hurt others chances because I my photo that's been here ! I sorry I wasted evey ones time

5. sissybitch

sissybitch Long term member

engine development engineer
    north wales uk
    Local Time:
    @iwearpanties please don't leave , I think at the moment a lot of people have been asked to change avatars , I and I am sure others still value and would like to hear your views , you have only just returned to the site and it was nice to see you back , so please keep posting ,

Mash2214 likes this.
  6. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    3:32 AM
    The title of this site is "Chastity Mansion " Correct. I agree with the administration that we shouldn't post pictures or Avatars that everyone can see that are offensive. My question is "What is Offensive?

What offend's one person is totally exceptable to someone else. To say no avatars of Chastity seems to me alittle bit confusing, I'm Sorry if my Avatar offended someone if it has I will have to look at changing it, I don't want to upset anyone.

sissybitch likes this.
  7. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    5:32 AM
    I agree
    I was also a victim of the avatar police.
    I understand the desire to be more female friendly but think this is a bit silly. Personally I see many changes that could be made that would be more effective in that goal than having long time members changing their avatars. But I'm not in charge, and I haven't been asked my opinion. And at this point I don't think I have too much to offer as I suspect the powers at be have their minds made up how they're going to reshape this site.

Personally, I'm betting some of it will be good and some won't. I'm hoping the net result is positive but only time will tell. If not, I'll leave, If so, I'll get more involved again, only time will tell.

sissybitch likes this.
  8. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    As a webmaster myself, the webmaster/owner gets to define what is offensive. For some reason people assume that they are entitled to free internet their way. They think that the internet belongs to them. It does not. It belongs to the people who pay for the serves, bandwidth, content, etc.. I was on the net before it was graphical and even when it did become graphical, any good content had to be paid for. Now the people who own websites make their money by charging advertisers. This site has not advertisers and is paid for by its owner as a labor of love. In my book he can do anything he wants and no one is forcing me to stay here. Sorry but that is how I feel. I shut down a forum I paid for and spent hours on each day because the members felt entitled to things their way. Now they have nothing so I hope they are happy. :)

9. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Vinny I still remember the day I heard the net was going to go public. I was a contractor working on the MILNET supporting the DoD. Gopher was a big breakthrough....

Anyway.....

my comments weren't meant to be too negative hence the last sentence of my post.

Yes there are too many that feel entitled. And then there are those of us who are greatful for anyone who volunteers time, money, etc.

That said, I'd think it would be a lie if one were to say they like all change. I'm sure if I were to take the time, I could think of a long list of things I like and dislike about any site, especially ones that have been around a long time like this one.

I think any disagreements aside, we all agree we hope for what we view as positive changes. Of course what you think is a good change can be something I think is awful, we can both think something else is good and disagree on something else. No one is going to agree with everyone else.

In fact sometimes, we don't even like things we do ourself which I mention as I was working on a site last week and by the time I got done I hated the changes as they wound up looking too much like the when we started.

Anyway. I got a PM and I hope it's ok to share, that said not many changes are planned. I replied with a few thoughts. I'm sure some will be ignored, some will be thought about, and maybe one or two will be helpful. If they were helpful, I'm glad to help. If not that's fine too. I'm not interested in offending anyone, but I'm also not shy to comment about change.

So again, I hope positive changes outnumber negative changes as yes we can leave if we don't like things. But hopefully that's not what happens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice