Lori's Tube #7

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by indignation, Mar 10, 2010.

1. indignation

indignation Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:45 AM
    Disclaimer: I understand that many people are quite happy with their Lori tubes and have essentially achieved the "chastity dream" through the use of these devices. If you are one of those people, I envy you and urge you not to read my post as it contains information that may give you ideas on how to defeat the "lock".

I recently purchased a #7 from Lori and I have some pretty serious mixed feelings about it. Good and bad - but mostly bad stemming from extreme disappointment :/.

I will say first of all, starting on a good point, that what people say about the craftsmanship is true - it is very well made and from purely a design stand-point the device is very secure (device is metal, and takes a piercing which is the only way to be truly chastised in my opinion). The fit is great, and the measurements were bang on (although I could have gone a tad smaller but that's my fault not hers). However, any security the device offers is completely undermined by the lack of a locking mechanism - and no, don't tell me there is a locking mechanism because there isn't - a screw does not count as a lock in my books and it should not have been sold as one. For that I feel ripped off however it's certainly my fault to an extent for getting caught up in the hype (once again) and not reading carefully enough - on the flip side, the way she described the "lock" is complete and utter BS and certainly lead me astray at least to some degree.

I found out pretty quickly, unfortunately, there are two deal breakers with her devices:

1) Purely from my own perspective and this probably doesn't affect anyone else - I am allergic to metal. My member broke out in a terrible rash that lasted two weeks after wearing the device for less than 24 hours. Not fun. No, I don't think it was just her device, I definitely have a general allergy to metals if they are against my skin for an extended period of time. I would urge anyone considering buying a lori's tube to, at the very least, wrap your member in some metal for a day or so before buying one.

2) A device must be secure and this tube simply is not. I was able to defeat the so-called "locking mechanism" that she seems so proud of within the span of about 3 minutes - and I did so with a regular flat-head bit of a precision screw driver set that happened to be sitting in front of me when I sat down at my computer desk that night. At least with some of the other devices I've had in the past (augmented cb3k, curve, etc) I've had to get creative and find things around the house to pick the locks with in order to get out.

As far as customer service goes Lori is absolutely stellar....... until she's got you over a barrel. She was good to deal with when I was purchasing the device and asking her every question I could think of in order to make sure I was getting what I was about the pay for - but after the fact, I wouldn't even call it "customer service". In a state of shock and reserved rage I wrote her an email detailing each of the problems I encountered with the device which was a fairly hefty list hoping to collaborate on some solutions in order to alter the device to make it secure. I wasn't about to give up on a device I'd spent $700 on. I was very disappointed but not all together surprised to see her response: "It doesn't sound like there is anything we can do for you. Send the device back and we will sell it on our site." - excuse me? No "sorry the device hasn't worked out as you'd expected", no "Perhaps we can modify it like so to make it more secure - do you think that may work for your needs?" - not even a single suggestion or idea - just a flat out "well, that sucks.. send it back so i can sell it for a second time and get another 25% of the proceeds after we sucker some other guy".

I read several posts on this forum warning against purchasing a Lori device and did not listen - Mistress Watchful's post resonates very loud and clear in my mind now - I am VERY sorry I did not heed the warnings. I strongly regret that now and decided to come back and share my experience as others have.

I've decided for now I'm going to hang on to the Lori's tube instead of sending it back to her. Partly because I detest the very idea of generating her any more money (from the resale of the device) and partly because the device itself could work very will if I could replace the locking mechanism with an actual locking mechanism. I've at least made it wearable for myself by coating it in liquid latex.

I would actually really like to make my own devices from scratch but I don't even know where to start. After a lot of research and coming to the realization that most household locks are incredibly easy to pick, I think the only real secure road to chastity would be an electronic locking mechanism or even a magnetic one.

Anyone have any insight?

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It really does seem to be hit and miss.

I agree, some people are living the dream with a Lori device... some are not.

Ms Lori has offered to look at our device again now that she has learned from other uncircumsized males. This is a very generous offer given that we purchased our device a long time ago. We have not yet decided what to do as we may have a buyer for our #9 and we are in negotiation with Mature Metal.

Have you spoken to Mature Metal (he's a member here with that name) or been to his site?

3. indignation

Local Time:
    I went to his site quite a while ago actually and decided against his devices due to the locking mechanism mostly. Thats actually what turned me on to a Lori's tube more than anything was that the locking mechanism was supposed to be unique and next to impossible to defeat - so much for that idea. I would probably order a mature metal if I could find a lock that actually works - those tumbler padlocks are useless and can be picked within a few minutes or less with items you can find in almost any household.

Something like this is really what's necessary: http://www.videx.com/CyberLock/CyberLock.html

...and although i have found a supplier of those locks and they are expensive ($200 a pop) it would be well worth it if they made mini padlocks - which they don't unfortunately... or at least I can't find any.

4. hegemonist

hegemonist Junior Member

Bournemouth, UK
    Local Time:
    Hi Indig

You seem to be quite into locks...I just got a cs5000 from fetish felix, and I'd be very impressed if you could pick that lock.

5. indignation

Local Time:
    @hegemonist - That's the sad thing, I'm not actually into locks or lock picking at all. I learned to pick "regular" locks out of necessity when my wife lost the keys to the neoprene lined steel cuffs I was wearing one day. It is incredibly easy and therefore removes any security features from 99% of the chastity devices out there - since then I've done a fair bit of research to try and find a type of mini padlock or locking system of some kind that's actually secure and not so easily defeatable. I've come up short unfortunately.

Do you have any pictures of the locking mechanism on the cs5000? I can't see much of it on the website.

6. weezies02915

weezies02915 Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    @indignation how about a combination lock, i'm not sure if they make them small enough,but would be an option. Or if you went full belt ( mines not exactly full) the lock is so tight to your body it's hard just to put the key in, never mind picking it.

7. MyFantasies

MyFantasies New member

Local Time:
    I know this is an old thread, so people will have already worked out by now why combination locks are not a good idea.

The thing about chastity is that you have lots of motivation, and lots of time! So a combination lock (with one combination testable per second) will eventually be unlockable after sufficient time.

8. Sheriff

Sheriff Active member

Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    I guess with all devices some people will love them while others will not. However when you make a major investment in a device such as a lori tube, you better be damn sure that it will meet your needs.

9. MaleChastityNow

MaleChastityNow Custom made toys for naughty boys (& sissies too!)

Chastity Device Maker
    Seattle, WA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:45 PM
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool (I know because I'm a sufficiently talented fool!) ;)

I've been trying for years to devise a lock that is new and different, as well as more secure.

I've been considering using the integrated locks that Steelworxx is using, but have learned those aren't foolproof either. There just doesn't seem to be any sort of commercially available lock that is entirely secure.

If there are any designer's or engineers on this site who have ideas I'd sure love to hear from you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice