Looking to order a CK this week...

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by LockedGoals, Sep 22, 2021.

1. LockedGoals

LockedGoals Member

Local Time:
    4:21 AM
    Hi All,

I only have experience using the CB6000 which is rather large for me and looking to order a CK this week.

I’m curious the advantages of the different rings ( Ergo/Wide/Tall oval) as I usually get that burning sensation on my sack from the rings.

I do have the MM sizing rings from when I was considering stainless. Does anyone have what the comparable CK ring size would be from the following MM ring kit...1 3/4, 1 7/8 & 2”?

Also, as a grower I’m looking at the headlock and curious if I size it wrong, will the device be basically unusable for me? Also, does the headlock rub things raw?

Looking at the material does anyone have experience ordering a premium ring, but the standard cage? Curious if this would help with the sack burn.

Last question for now - I see different +/- angles offered, is this a good idea to order for my first CK device?

Thanks,
    LockedGoals

2. CabanaJack

CabanaJack Long term member

Retired
    USA, Denver CO
    Local Time:
    2:21 AM
    For ring sizes, my guess is you can take the MM measurements in inches and multiply them by 25.4 to get the millimeter equivalents.

Many of the other questions get argued with different answers. I found the CK to be a more comfortable fit than the 3 or 4 other cages I had tried, but it still took a few attempts to get a ring and cage combination that seems to work pretty well FOR ME.

My ring is an ergo wide oval ring with a bit of positive angle. I opted to go away from headlock just because my tip didn't fit into the forward cavity very well and the headlock can make installation a bit more complex (more tucking and pushing to deal with).

Some have said the tall oval is more comfortable for them. Others (including me) found the wide oval to be more comfortable. It's likely all a matter of your anatomy, how tight your clothes fit and how you sit in a chair. At least I know I can have good days and bad days depending on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing.

For a given ring and cage, the angle of the ring will affect the ball gap between the ring and cage. A + angle will give you more gap, a - angle will give you less. You're sort of playing a game here between the combination of your anatomy, ring size, ring angle, and ring shape. But, one of the things I like about the CK is that you have that flexibility.

The basic material has a bit of texture to it. Some like the additional grip that provides, but others use fine grit sandpaper to smooth it down for a more comfortable fit - especially the base ring. If you plan on sanding, order white. All the standard colors are printed in white and then dyed, so sanding will cause the white base to start showing through. I haven't used it, but from what I've read going with the multi-jet fusion PA12 material may provide a smoother finish without the expense of the processed premium.

LockedGoals likes this.
  3. LockedGoals

LockedGoals Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for the reply and I’m getting excited to place the order later this week!!!

4. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    i've ordered both regular material and pa12. the pa12 is maybe slightly smoother, but not compared to the "premium finish". however it's solid black, not dyed.

LockedGoals likes this.
  5. CabanaJack

CabanaJack Long term member

Retired
    USA, Denver CO
    Local Time:
    2:21 AM
    Good to know about the PA12. Now that I've got a combination that works for me, I've got a premium finish ring and cage on the way. I had started to question spending the extra money over the PA12 but maybe I did the right thing.

I could have been clearer on the comment regarding dying color. The standard "processed versatile" is printed in white and dyed to the color of choice. I believe the premium versatile and multi-fusion PA12 are all printed in the selected color.

I have a theory on why a wide oval ring works for me. I'm apparently more of a show-er with a fairly high and tight scrotum. The cage I'm currently using is 95mm long, so it acts a pretty good lever pressing the ring against my body whenever I'm wearing pants. I found the wide oval ring helps provide some relief from this. I think those that prefer the tall oval are trying to solve the burning sensation with overnight erection attempts. I can envision how a tall oval would help with that. Going on 65, I can tolerate the occasional overnight issues and focus on daytime comfort.

pseudonym of the sea likes this.
  6. Perverspepere

Perverspepere 7/5 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale.

Montreal
    Local Time:
    Yes that's exactly my experience.

7. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    Cabana Jack gives excellent advice.

I would add to his comments by saying that with the Cherry Keeper approach, you don't have to fear getting the right size anywhere near as much as the custom metal folks do. If you blow it on a ring selection? $30. If you blow it on a Mature Metal? $300.

My recommendations (in addition to Cabana Jack) is to err on the smaller side for a cage. And the larger side for a ring. I have four cages of various sizes. They ALL "fit". But I like them each for different reasons. I own at least 8 rings. They all "fit" but for MY anatomy, I like the tall, ergo, oval, with slight downward angle the most.

Put another way, There are a lot of sizes and combinations that will work. ONLY through some experimentation will you find your favorite.

And I'd buy white.....It'll be one less thing to concern yourself with. And "virgin white" is the new pink anyways.

MadameJs_boo and LockedPom like this.
  8. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Now comes the hard part, waiting for it to arrive. I've been very satisfied with my CK. Allowed me to wear it much longer than other cage designs = mine is a stub, regular finish.

9. Ienieminie

Ienieminie Active member

Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    Just arrived today, the micro & Inni. CK.
    Smaller / Smalst / Gone

JosieLynn Jewell likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice