Looking to experiment

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by Peaches, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    12:07 AM
    #1 Peaches, Feb 26, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    Im finding these devices interesting lately and am thinking of trying them out.

I found a cage I want to try. But the ring options are making my head spin.

Any input on ring size? I'm currently at a 1.687" base ring. CK has 43mm (1.693). So 43mm is slightly bigger than I have.
    Or a 42mm (1.654). .031 smaller. I've tried a 1 5/8 ring and it was too small. The 1 11/16 is about perfect.

Will the .031" make a huge difference? I'm just worried due to the gap size. Currently I'm at 9.53mm gap. The 43 ring is 13.5mm gap. And the 42mm is 11.5 gap.

I have zero testicle slip and really want to keep it that way!

Also need help with which ring design! There are so many with different offsets!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/W...tom-ckc-7ilnhy-20?optionId=171288965&li=shops

2. CabanaJack

CabanaJack Long term member

Retired
    USA, Denver CO
    Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    Yeah, the CK product line is daunting, but that's one of it's advantages - it gives you the ability to (eventually) find the combination that works for you. If you have questions, post a message to the shop owner on Shapeways - you'll get a prompt response. The shop owner is on here as well, but a preference has been stated to work through questions via the Shapeways system rather than here.

Personally, I don't think there's an easy answer for you since pretty much everyone is different. Different cages lead to different ball gaps as well; if you're sold on a particular cage, most here would probably recommend ordering a couple of different rings that let you try different options. I think I went through three cages and around six rings before I achieved what I think is an ultimate fit. You'll likely end up ordering something different anyway, so why not order an extra ring or two up front and save on overall shipping costs?

A ring with a positive offset angle will increase the ball gap. A ring with a negative angle will reduce it. Circular vs oval wide vs oval narrow is a personal choice, and I've heard it argued all three ways here. Again, everyone is different. After trying all three, oval wide is where I ended up.

To further complicate your search, the light texture of the CK rings will "grip" more than polished rings, and a CK set will give a little. I'm not offering advice here, but that might mean you could get by with a slightly larger ring and a smaller ball gap than what other devices have suggested you need.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice