looking for help on Carrara 2.0

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by latex_chastity_slave, Nov 19, 2016.

1. latex_chastity_slave

latex_chastity_slave Active member

Local Time:
    6:27 PM
    helloI've just got my new Carrara 2.0

However, it doesn't fit very well, at the back especially, it does not fit to my back, a lot of space left out, making it impossible for me to wear trousers at all. Something obvious will bulge out at the back

Anything I can do by myself to try to fix it before trying to contact Carrara

See pictures

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      13.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      33.6 KB
      Views:
  2. ccontrol

ccontrol Active member

Local Time:
    3:27 AM
    I went for a couple of years thinking my first Carrara didn't fit -- then Walter came to the US and fixed it with a couple of minutes of bending. Of course, he had special wrenches that he made himself to make it easier to bend without marking up the metal or tearing the lining. But you can do it without his wrenches -- just put some padding under the teeth of the wrenches you use.

Before considering my advice, check out Walter's bending video:

http://carrara-designs.be/information/video/index.html

When doing the bending, start from the small of your back. You are correct that it should not be sticking out like that. You may need to disconnect the cable to position the belt correctly against your back.

Working forward from the back, adjust the curve of the belt parts to follow the contours of your body. Don't worry how it fits at the forward ends until the whole length further back sits nicely against your body. Adjust angle as well as curve to minimize edges digging in.

Do your bending gently and gradually to maintain a smooth line.

One trick that sometimes helps is to have someone pull both sides from the hips while pressing a knee into your back. Do this while the belt is fully assembled.

Once you have the belt lying against your body comfortably, you can determine the best length for the cable and how tightly to lock the belt.

I've also found that adjusting the angle of the shield relative to the locking system made a big difference for long-term wear (I have a Carrara 1.0 2nd-gen, so I haven't seen the inside of the 2.0. I don't know if your belt has the hidden hinge with hex bolts that mine did).

Hope this helps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice