Looking for a custom cage - advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Proud to be chaste, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Proud to be chaste

Proud to be chaste Active member

Local Time:
    6:02 AM
    This is going to be a long one, sorry in advance...
    Me and my wife has been doing chastity on and off for about 1,5 years. We bought a Holy Trainer v3, then later a v4 small. It kind of works, but after a few days it becomes very uncomfortable and it gets worse and worse. So for the most part we have been on the honor system. That has worked well part of the time, but lately I have had big issues with controlling my urges, and have masturbated without her permission, which makes her dissappointed and me feel very bad about myself.

We have decided we actually need a cage so that she can "enforce" my chastity as I clearly doesn't have enough self control.

My problems with HT (V3 and V4):
    - Tight base ring. When I first ordered HT I meassured carefully. I ended up with a FAR too small base ring. After ordering several more, I ended up with the biggest one. But still it would feel quite tight and I would get sore. Sore because of the ring being too tight, because of the material, or because of some invisible irregularity pinching me? I wish I knew, but I don't...
    - Skin problems. As a boy I had eczema. As an adult less so, but I still have an above average sensitive skin. I the belt gets very sweaty inside (as it does with HT) it can increase probability of irritated skin.

We went for HT because we thought that was a very high quality device. However I see most here recommend a custom metal cage. I have been checking out Mature Metal, as they seem to be a good company.

Is metal any different from plastic/resin when it comes to sweatiness?
    Both me and my wife prefer a little less access. Is that incompatible with "not to much sweat"?
    My wife really liked the "pet trap" from MM. Any experience?
    My foreskin is intact. I read that another uncircumsized guy complained about his foreskin being seriously hurt by the pet trap. Any similar or contrary experiences?

Measuring difficulities:
    I ordered the meassuring rings for MM but it is soooo difficult to meassure and know that I meassure correctly. I meassure again and again, an even though I am flaccid (but not shiverreled up) I get slightly different meassures. I guess the penis is just a very flexible organ... I see people often recommending going small. But if my meassure is 65 % of the time one size, and 65 % of the time slightly smaller... Do I go for the small one? I don't want to hurt myself, and I have no small penis-kink. Just wanna give my wife control and stop masturbating.
    And then it was the base ring... Do I trust the guide and my meassurements (as I did with HT), or do I order a much bigger base ring (as I ended up with when wearing HT)?
    I have written to MM to ask for advice, but there is only so much advice they can give. Generally that just refer to the meassuring guide, which I of course have read very carefully.

Part of me want to give up, as it feels like a complete gamble with huge amounts of money. (With taxes and shipping it is even worse, as I live in a European country without a good producer of devices.
    At the same time I know that both of us really wants the chastity thing to work, and that a good device will be a huge help.
    I just wished there were a physical place I could visit and try the product before spending a ton of money of something that might not work for me at all...

Sorry for the long and messy post, hope to get some answers to my questions, as well as general advice, tips and perhaps even some encouragement to not give up.

Chris estim likes this.
  2. sissy cecile

sissy cecile Active member

Local Time:
    #2 sissy cecile, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    cecile can wholly recommend considering a metal cage. she also started with a HT (v2 by then), which was great but not so much for extended wear (imho).

The next step for her was a steel Looker 2 from Steelworxx (without the internal tube). A great device, though a bit heavy and the bars were set just a bit too wide for cecile. It was however very nice to wear for extended periods of time, and no 'sweatiness' or trouble keeping fresh at all. The ergonomic base ring was also quite comfortable .

Now cecile has arrived at her preferred cage, which is a steel Sissy Cage made by Red Chili (you can also read a review cecile wrote of it on CM). she ordered it shorter than the Looker 2, which combined with its downward arch makes it almost indistinguishable underneath clothing. For a head cecile chose the option Ultra Secure Head, which is great when having a foreskin (cecile has never been pinched while wearing this cage). This is pretty much the perfect cage for cecile! The only desire she now has left is a smaller sized ring (on order, as it will fit her current cage) and in the future perhaps an even shorter cage (which would then have her consider the London Tower model).

The cost of such cages is quite considerable, but these are almost jewels by themselves. Both devices show a great craftsmanship. Another consideration is the long order time (up to three months), if they even accept orders at all at a given moment. Both are so popular that they have to service quite a backlog. Wait, why was cecile recommending them? That will only further compound that problem!

Regarding getting ring sizes right, cecile would recommend experimenting with Cherrykeeper. As these are printed by designs of our lovely forum member JosieLynn Jewel, the costs of just trying out various sizes and shapes for the rings (as well as cages) are relatively affordable. These cages are also fun by themselves, so you will probably have a good time with these as well as getting the confidence of knowing what will suit you best before ordering a bespoke steel cage.

Eric Ny and Proud to be chaste like this.
  3. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    5:02 AM
    If you want a cheaper starter for a custom cage toy could try cherry keeper website, they have lots of positive feedback, and in this forum to.

J.D. and Proud to be chaste like this.
  4. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    12:02 AM
    Check out Male Chastity Now. Custom and semi-custom steel

5. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    I 100% suggest a steel cage.

badassworkroom.com is another good one, and will accommodate a lot of customisation.

I wish we had commited to a custom steel cage sooner. Would have saved a lot of money and false starts.

I'm also uncut. I've been continuously wearing this one for the last 3 weeks or so with zero problems. They added the frenum attachment to it too:
    https://badassworkroom.com/collections/custom-chastity-cage/products/ba-03

Proud to be chaste likes this.
  6. NikkiAnton

NikkiAnton Active member

Redondo Beach CA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:02 PM
    I must have tried 10-15 different cages before I went to Mature Metal and bought a Watchful Mistress. It worked pretty well, but I did send it back a time or two for adjustments. So happy with it that I also bought the Pet Trap too, which I have been wearing now for 7 weeks without a break. Both are very comfortable. I am cut, so I can't comment about foreskin concerns.

As far as measuring, the MM guide is very good for their cages. I made a spreadsheet and took measurements several times a day over several days, then took the average, and things worked very well. They can do some adjustments for a very reasonable fee, such as the gap between the cage and the base ring, or the base ring size.

As far as sweatiness goes, the metal cage is going to be better. Same goes for hygiene. The metal cages are more open, thus easier to keep clean. I am thinking bout getting another MM cage, I think it is the Jailbird? I think that will e even easier to keep clean for long term wear. I need to actually remove the Pet Trap every few weeks to clean it, as things do build up in it a bit from urine drips and pre-cum. I think the Jailbird may eliminate the need for removal entirely, or at least extend the time needed.

7. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply, very helpful!

8. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Great tip! Thank you very much!

9. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Thanks!

10. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Thank you very much for great advice! Very helpful.

11. BlokeDenied

BlokeDenied Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    2:02 PM

12. BlokeDenied

Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi, I like the look of the ba03. Can you tell me about the scrotum bar and why I might get one? Are they in the U.S.?

Thx

13. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    Over the years I've tried more than a dozen cages before settling on MM, and I currently have three MM cages. The first two cages did go back to MM at least once for adjustments as I learned what worked best for my body and lifestyle.

For me the jailbird is the easiest to keep clean, but it does depend on the cage sizing. One jailbird fits me perfectly in the cage most of the time, and there is really no need to ever remove it for cleaning. When removed for play (sometimes after months), it really doesn't need any special attention.

I also have a slightly smaller jailbird to try out the "smaller cages are better" trend that seems to be popular lately, and it is very comfortable (and I think looks better), but with my skin compressed and buched up a bit in the cage I can get irritation after a few days without unlocking that doesn't happen in the larger cage.

Finally my very old queens keep is great, but I would get skin irritation under the 'solid band' of the cage (trapped moisture) until I learned to work baby powder under there once a day to keep it dry and let the skin slide a bit.

Good luck, and try not to get discouraged, it's a process.

14. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Thanks! Very helpful!

15. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    I can't because the BA03 doesn't have such a thing.

Only you know why you might get one.

I have no idea where they are, best ask them.

BlokeDenied likes this.
  16. BlokeDenied

Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi. I chatted with them. You stop ball escape. They ship from China. Enjoying the cage?

17. BlokeDenied

Australia
    Local Time:
    Oops...the bar stops ball escape.

18. Cur1ous1

Cur1ous1 Active member

Local Time:
    12:02 AM
    I’ve got a custom evotion orion with PA. Inescapable. I chose plastic because I travel a lot so this allows me through airport security with no issues. The wife/KH loves it too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice