1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking shock collars

Discussion in 'The Veterinary Center' started by scob89, Nov 30, 2013.

1. The specs for the pi say something around 700ma which is a lot of power. I am not sure if this type of project would need the kind of processing power of an ARM. 8bit atmels and pics are a lot more battery friendly.

2. And the higher levels are more fun! <weg>
    Rita

Joroincharge likes this.

3. I was thinking of cell phone CPU, The adroid phone I have runs all day long on a 2500 mAh battery with GPS, bluetooth, and WiFi enabled. Mine is a Galaxy Proclaim, I believe it has a ARM or a Cortex CPU in it.

4. Yea that would work too, if that kind of cpu horsepower is needed. That might be the kind that has bluetooth, wifi and the like built into the micro itself rather than having to get those chips separately. I'm not that familiar with the ARM micros.

5. I'm not familiar with any one them, lol I know we need plenty of sensors onboard so a bigger batter will be required to power all of them. To date we need bluetooth, Cellular with text message, Fairly accurate GPS, RFID, USB, Microphone, Vibration detector, Motion detector, 4 way tilt sensor, plus more that I am forgetting about.

Most mini controllers that I know of run on 5V, I would rather step down from 7.4 then up from 3.7. I would hopefully aim to have a 7.4V battery with 10AH of capacity, Would want the total runtime from 100% to 25% to be atleast 20 hours and the last 25% to last a couple hours as there will be more drain ong the battery and after an hour or so the shocks would be at full power.

6. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!
    Staff Member Moderator

England
    Absolutely. But lower level has its uses too - like ten second warning to do action or else!

Rita likes this.
  7. Yaquiran, from your other posts it sounds like you have some experience of both the hardware and the coding. As I've thought about this, there is certainly some complexity to the programs and other features this thing will need to run.

I think there needs to be the capacity to program up to a whole day of activities (and/or inactivities). This would mean
    • constant checking that the tilt sensor is horizontal (to ensure an all-fours position)
    • RFID monitoring (paws may not be brought near to head/neck area)
    • GPS or invisible fence monitoring
    • and possibly the microphone (silence except when commanded to bark)
    as well as a schedule timed activities such as
    • 'stay' (monitor the movement sensor)
    • bark on command (monitor microphone)
    • check in at one or more locations within a given time (monitor RFID)
    Most of the sensors would need to be able to be calibrated so that the right levels of noise/silence, movement etc are detected.

Any of these settings would need to be able to trigger the punishment cycle (shock circuit, microphone, movement sensor), which would put all timed activities on hold for the duration of the punishment time-out. All instructions would need to be communicated by sequences of beeps or vibrations.

The bluetooth connection would also be used to send commands to the optional chastity belt module (to be developed separately I guess!), including immediate shock commands as well as a 'punish in X hours unless cancelled', which would enable the wearer to take the collar off (e.g. to go to work!) but require them to put it back on again a fixed time later to prevent constant shocks.

And then there are maintenance features such as
    • battery monitoring
    • receive whole programs either by wifi (collar connects and checks in to a server to see if a new program is waiting, whenever it is in range, or at the end of the current program, or both) or bluetooth (if the collar is paired to a phone, which would then require its own app)
    • receive instant instructions (both by wifi, for online chat sessions with the owner, or from an actual remote control handset?)
    • lock and unlock collar itself
    I wouldn't want to miss out on any of these features... but could a simple chip really handle all this? Also, when can you start on a mockup? :)

8. Also, what do we think about a fixed docking station? I'm thinking something on a post mounted in the floor of the doghouse, sticking up maybe a foot above the ground (adjustable, but not while in use). This could be how the collar gets its battery recharged, and also receives any new programs, with both power and data connections. But it would also have an electronically controlled lock so that the collar is held in the docking station, and hence the wearer is held in position for the night, while all this is happening. I guess only certain sleep/rest positions would be possible with this, but it might help encourage less 'human' sleeping positions...

9. Or when in a vanilla setting; brace yourself!
    Rita

10. I like that idea, but it is imparactical for sleeping, for a time out or a fixed station in front of a treadmill, could also have one on a revolving pole so the pup would need to walk around pushing the collar mount to drive a small generator to charge the collar.

For a sleeping dock there would need to be a docking lock with a short steel cable that had the charging and data wires in the cable. This would allow the wearer to move normally at night.

Emmkyu likes this.
  11. I have been thinking about the features of this training system and feel that there should be more added.

With the anti bark feature the collar will need to sense both sound and vibration from the wear's vocal cords, this would prevent false corrections.

The base shock level needs to be adjustable by the owner/trainer. The collar can automatically increase the shock level depending on the infraction, but instead of starting at level 1, the owner could specify the shocks to strat at level 20 (out of 100) and specify for talking/barking start at level 30, Not barking when commanded too level 35, leaving invisible fence area level 40, Not getting to a RFDI checkpoint in time level 20, not getting on all fours when requested level 70.

There would be options to administer the shocks with or without requiring the weared to stand still, Once a correction shock was issued, it would issue a shock per second increasing by one level every 3 seconds until the wearer got to the checkpoint or got back inside the containment area.

With the containment feature it would be optional if there was a warning beep of vibration before a correction shock. Same could apply for the anti bark and tilt sensor.

There would need to be enough storage space on the controller to hold several programs that lasted several days, In the morning the collar could pick a program at random for the day or have schecduled programs for the whole week. There would be special weekend programs where the wearer didn't need to go to work so more tasks where assigned.

There could also be the possibility of having a couple different carts on the place with gps locators on them, the wearer could be assigned to pull them to different locations on the place.

Emmkyu likes this.
  12. Good thinking. I see you are already planning long-term wear into this. This would be quite a lifestyle choice. Would it need a safeword feature of some kind?

scob89 likes this.
  13. I was thinking for the first few weeks while the collar was in learning mode and the wearer was learning the commamd codes the collar would be removable by the wearer, can't go from no collar to almost 24/7 wear in just a couple days. After learning mode the wrist cuffs would be disabled while the pup learned how to eat/drink from a bowl for about a week.

Once the learning period was over a safeword option would be nice, but would be activated or disabled depending on the master's choice.

The safeword could be a RFID chip in a special location, but I feel the temptation of it would be too much so it would be best disabled and having master remotely unlocking the collar.

This is quite a lifestyle change for sure, long term is the key. The collar would be about 2" wide so there is not too much restriction of movement, but also room for the electronics.

This system would need to be used on a place kind of remote and pretty big. Probably around 50+ acres of land.

I currently wear collars 24/7 other then while I am at work, takes some getting used to going out in public at first, but then it become fun, once winter hits, I like to wear my leather harness under my winter coat.

14. While I am thinking about it, while the collar is in learning mode, once the battery level hits 25% the shock is still activated.

It would encouragh the wearer to recharge by issuing a warning tone at 25% battery then 5 minutes later would issues shocks every second starting a level 1, regardless of what the base level is set at. and gradually go up to level 100. Once charging has started the shocks would stop.

On the subject of shocks, There would be 4 contact points in the collar located every 90° so corrections would be more reliable.

Rita likes this.
  15. Got the shock collar back yesterday, It is now sized correctly and I had the D ring moved to the front of the collar.

I tired it on after switching to the long comfort pad, It was locked on at noon yesterday and I did not remove it until noon today. The multi contact pad left some impressions on my neck, but they went away after a few minutes.

I ordered a low profile padlock for the collar and the one I have rubs on the back of my neck some. As shown I have a short and long Multi Contact pads for extended wear time, along with 1/2", 3/4", and 1" contact points.

It is a hefty collar weighing in at around 4.5lbs. It is as comfortable as I hoped for, I don't see any problems wearing it a couple days at a time.

IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg

16. Please put me on a list to purchase this when it is operational. I would also be interested in finding a remote Dom to push my limits.

17. The one I had custom made is done and can be bought through etsy. The other one sadly won't be a reality for quite a while I imagine. If I happen to win the lottery, then i can hire a team to make it happen, but until then I have other things in life I need to take care of first.

18. We have a Dogtra IQplus (bought in the USA). It is amazing, -light weight, fits snugly behind the balls, -( the plastic collar was replaced with a 12" nylon watch strap), has a 400 yard range, and long battery life between recharges. It has vibrate, nick and continuous shock options.
    With a small padlock fitted through the watch strap hole after the buckle it cannot be removed.

The effect on both Mistress and boy is amazing,- she has power, control and the element of complete surprise. The boy wearer knows he can be called/corrected at any time.

She has vibrate as a warning to behave, 1 nick to "come here", 2 nicks "kneel" - or continuous nicks to really stop in your tracks. Awesome! - but be careful what you wish for!

Rita and Kir_S like this.
  19. glbtops, thanks for good news. My Mistress wants to try such device and they have dealers in Russia

Regards, Kir

20. Rita and Joroincharge like this.
  21. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!
    Staff Member Moderator

England
  22. Update on the collar, My girlfriends is really taking a liking to the collar and likes taking it on camping trips and such. So I decided to modify a case from an old DT Systems collar that has long since stopped working. I cut out the foam and it fits great in the case.

Plus I have made a couple of additions, the receiver on the left is a Dogtra YS500 anti bark collar, I can carry on a normal conversation while wearing it, but be careful not to raise your voice.

The one on the right is a cheap china Esky brand antibark collar, I bought it because it was less then $20 and it has an adjustable sensitivity level and correction level.

We have discovered that if the sensitivity level is left in test mode(highest sensitivity) and with the receiver fitting loosly in the collar, it goes off when it shifts and slides inside of the collar, In addition, if the big chrome lock is locked on the D ring beside the box on the collar, whenever it bangs on the collar, the anti bark activates, this really limits my movement speed.

Recently, we went on a 3 day hike/camping trip into a forest, The collar was locked on before we left the truck, and unknown to me, the key to the lock was left in the truck. During the day while hiking, the YS500 was installed, but once we got to our camping spot and the tent was put up, the china one was installed. She also brought a leash with her and used it during the day.

We met a few people, even a park ranger who I had to assure that I was allowing this "device" to be locked on me. Once he was satisfied, he just gave an uneasy smile and hurried away.

I have been informed that the next camping trip we take will be a week or so long and she plans to bring the remote collar and a solar battery pack so it can be recharged each night. That will prove to be fun.

I have been both amazed and afraid of how quickly she has seen what the collar can do to me, and what it can do for her. I am just glad that she hasn't been using the internally spiked one very much.

20140713_015407.jpg

Joroincharge likes this.
  23. Thought it was time for another update.
    So far the longest I have had the shock collar locked on for is 13 days without removal, during most of the time, the D ring was well tested and held up very well. After the first couple days the collar became uncomfortable, so it was loosened one notch, then remained locked for the next 10 days.

We have added a bluetooth controlled receiver as well, It is controlled by her phone and features vibration, 99 levels of shock, plus a fence mode which gives an automatic shock of the reciver is too far away from the phone.

We are working with a friend on modifying the bluetooth reciver program. The goal ie to have several punishment programs as well as a random program that gives shocks at a random level at random intervals(1 second to 1 minute) for either a set amount of time or until stopped manually.

Joroincharge likes this.
  24. Had another fun week, Well fun for my owner, not me. She decided that I needed something to occupy my mind since I tend to be a bit of a trouble maker. So now along with the collars, I have a harness and wagon that I pull to transport items around the farm, mainly a couple cinder blocks with a few random items. Using a pair of fist mitts, i can't get the harness unbuckled so i remain hooked up to the wagon for as long as she wants. A few times she has commanded me to make laps around on of the out buildings until told otherwise, if I take too long to come around, i get a few encouraging zaps. Those dang cinder blocks tend to get heavy after 30 laps around.

Joroincharge likes this.
  25. How much time do you spend in your shock collar? What sort of training are you getting now?