Liking posts - thanking others

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Love&Passion, Mar 9, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. Love&Passion

Love&Passion Long term member

Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    I benefited a lot by being a member here. Thanks to the great community. The main reason for starting my first journal was to give back for others to learn from my mistakes and from stuff that works for me. Since I get very little reaction and very few likes I sometimes wonder if it does help anybody.

And then there is the second reason to keep the journal for myself, how cool is it being able to go back and see how I felt at any given time.

But now my point. I saw the most liked posts today and saw that 5th most liked post only had 2 likes. Which means 20 posts got less likes than 2 but got read by 30 to 40 people.

It isn't that hard to give a like and it is a small gesture that shows gratitude for the content and the time in vested in documenting and sharing. It costs absolutely nothing.

I want to encourage you all to actively like posts you enjoy :)

Thanks - Happy Chastity..!

2. Patticakes

Patticakes Member

Hotel night auditor
    Buffalo, NY
    Local Time:
    Thanks for posting this

Okiedude and Love&Passion like this.
  3. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    im generous with my likes when I have more time to spend here. If i'm in a hurry likes and responds tend not to happen. Its nothing personal.

Allen1987, Love&Passion and bob2018 like this.
  4. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    3:58 PM
    That's the thing, time and tiredness! If I have time for a leisurely read then replies and likes are much more likely. If its getting late and I'm tired then not so much. And it really is nothing personal, there is SO much of interest to read I honestly would have to "like" at least 80% of the posts, so maybe they are reserved (rightly or wrongly) for the posts that strike a particular chord with me! By the way I like likes as well so maybe I need to be more generous myself!

5. toddwr150r

toddwr150r Living the dream

Maine
    Local Time:
    Hummm, you're absolutely right!

Allen1987 and Love&Passion like this.
  6. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    I know a lot of people read threads while they aren't logged in which would stop them from adding a like. I like giving likes to those whose posts are a similar approach to chastity as my own.

I am getting to a point where my need for keeping a journal is fading. I am just saying the same thing over and over again. The roller coaster of emotions that I experienced in the early months of my Wife and I starting this journey has subsided to a gentle stroll along a peaceful country lane at sunset. I have never had an experience that matched the needs of the chaste fetishist or the person seeking some kind of Femdom fantasy lifestyle to read about, but somehow I must have done something right as I have picked up a ridiculous amounts of likes while I have been posting. I think it is down to there being some people find importance in a level of honesty and an obvious reality to my posts.

Mash2214, Allen1987 and Love&Passion like this.
  7. Love&Passion

Local Time:
    i read a lot without being logged in. if it is a exceptional story sometimes i make the effort to log in just to say thanks. However if logged in if I read something i like I generally hit the like button. No, really it is not that much effort.. hehe... I guess it can be measured in milliseconds.

@Jasmic68 as you know I have been following your story and you have quite a follow-ship but 1 like per average per post isn't sufficient for your high quality content with your level of honesty. I decided to write the Opening Story because the 5th liked post on the entire site had only 2 likes (Per week?) and it seems I hit a nerve. Thanks for all the likes above.

The possibility to give and receive likes made me come here from the other (hacked) chastity site as there I would have a journal and would have zero interaction and feedback, might as well use paper and pen.

Happy Chastity and have a great week everyone!

Mash2214 likes this.
  8. JiL

JiL servitude4u

Professional
    southeastern mass.
    Local Time:
    I thought that I have always been rather generous with the "likes." Unless I really don't agree with what I'm reading, than most likely I do not reply with a "like." But, I find that there is plenty to "like" here, and I try to remember that as often as possible, and I know we all appreciate the same.

Love&Passion likes this.
  9. Okiedude

Okiedude Member

USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    I am glad you posted this. This is a pet peeve of mine, not giving members positive feedback with "likes" . I am a member of other forums, and I have noticed a complete lack of "likes" on many posts, and threads unlike the other forum I am on. I have noticed many times that a thread will have about 50 or more members listed who have been on the thread, but there would only be a few likes for the members who post. I was beginning to think this is just an unfriendly forum.

Love&Passion likes this.
  10. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    You raise a very good point @Love&Passion as being a person that has given out and also reseaved a lot of likes. I think it's important to make people feel good about what their posting. Weather it's in a journal or just information were sharing it's a simple act that can mean a lot to the person that made the post. If we look at society we see so much negativity in it and coming to a place like this is our way to get away to our happy place where we can share with other like minded people our inner feelings and thoughts. So if I can make someone's life a tiny bit better by showing my appreciation by pushing the like button I do.

I also have to apologize because I haven't spent a lot of time reading your journey. I'll try and take some time to do that. Thanks for starting this thread.

Love&Passion likes this.
  11. Love&Passion

Local Time:
    very well said @Mash2214 thanks for checking out my journey.. I know your internet time is valuable... Hope it won't get you in trouble :D

Fully agree with you.. Amazing content here!! Great stories but also advice.

Today I rediscovered this thread which had only 2 likes. I had read it before and also "forgotten to like" it - but with 8009 views I think (as of now) 3 likes is not enough!

Anyway thanks to everyone for the massive amounts of likes on this thread, it did make me feel happy. The little things in live.. ;)

Chaste J. likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice