Lifestyle Changes

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by gaysub, May 31, 2010.

1. gaysub

gaysub Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:08 PM
    I'm not sure what brought this up in my mind, but I had a sad/interesting thought and was wondering what input others had. If your sub/slave came down with some long term medical problem such as cancer or fibromyalgia or something worse, how would that impact your lifestyle? Would you abandon your lifestyle all together? Modify it to adapt to your changing conditions, or just expect your sub to maintain their normal duties in the face of everything else that's happening to them?

I'm not exactly sure how I would continue to serve my master, but I know I would want to. This may be the kind of bridge you have to cross if you come to it.

2. lexora

lexora Member

Local Time:
    Hmmm.. well some people would not want to be different in anyway, it varies on what that person wants. If the they want to keep going at that rate they should, if changes have to be made make changes, but getting cancer or other things is not the end of life just life adjusting is needed just varies on that person in end

3. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:08 AM
    I agree with lexora. Some people will want to hide and withdraw, others will want to continue as normal as possibe until their body no longer allows it.

I think as the carer in this situation, no matter whether Dom/me or sub, it is your duty to make sure your loved one is happy.

I hope this thought does not signify something difficult in your life gaysub.

4. MistressJackie

MistressJackie Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:08 PM
    Personally, I think the goals would change because for Me, the health and well being of My slave is paramount. Depending on the type of diagnosis, prognosis, treatment plan, and recovery schedule, I'd acclimate to My slave. I believe the care for which I bestow on the slave is only due to them, as they put their life in My hands every day. There are times of give and take, and though I'm Dominant in every way, I am a caring, sensitive, nurturing, giving Woman. I'm also creative so I'm certain I can find ways to exert My dominance over My slave, even if its just to call them and humiliate them so they don't forget their place, know they are loved, and return them to their care plan.

I think communication is key as well as the circumstances you find yourself in. One wouldn't treat cancer the same as a broken arm. Again, this is only My opinion and what I would do if the scenario occurred to My slave.

MJ

5. gaysub

gaysub Junior Member

Local Time:
    No, it's nothing in my life, just as I've been reading forums here I've just found myself wondering how people here would respond to such an issue. Most of the "mainstream" community views such events almost as the end of life as they know it.

But I agree with what's been said. If something did happen to me, I'd want my Master to continue to have me serve him as much as I could. It would undoubtedly take some time to get used to the changes in our living situation, but humans are nothing if not adaptable.

6. Mr Gee

Mr Gee Active member

Local Time:
    A Twist
    I agree with what's been said. Here, in the House of M, no one is ill and we are happy....the twist...
    Mistress informed me yesterday that it was my fifth anniversary as a feminized male, her maid, Gwen.
    Wow! how time passes,and only now am I realizing that I seem to be part of a small voiceless group. Should I try in some way, to cure this,by writing on this aspect of D/s?
    respectfully
    Gwen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice