Knock-off HT vs Authentic HT

Discussion in 'Chinese devices' started by Dvntpup, May 5, 2019.

1. Dvntpup

Dvntpup Active member

Fetish Videographer/Editor
    Las Vegas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    I have only used the knock-off version of the HT but have found it to be my favorite out of all the ball-trap devices. Since it's something I use quite often is it worth upgrading to an Authentic one or is there really not much of a difference besides smoother edges?

2. Guest 3002

Guest 3002 Member

Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    I have both. I bought a genuine first and then realized I needed a smaller tube. So I got one from Ali Express and it seems just as good. Also you get the different sized rings for free from China and it's an order of magnitude cheaper. I wouldnt waste the money.

3. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    Regardless of ethics (i can't spend ethics in a supermarket) owning and having worn both metal and plastic copies of the HT I can can not see what I would gain from getting the original.

We thought the copies were okish but moved on long ago.. and we are stil trying to find someone to work with on designing and producing a custom device.

4. Guest 3002

Guest 3002 Member

Local Time:
    If you're considering upgrading from the plastic, it seems like the way to go is a custom metal cage. That's what I'm looking at - the Jailbird from mature metal is on the list. Haven't gotten it yet so can't speak to it but I know that staying in a plastic tube gets damp and requires more cleaning/upkeep than an open metal cage.

5. Dvntpup

Dvntpup Active member

Las Vegas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thank guys! Not looking to upgrade from plastic as I really enjoy the plastic feeling, weight, and overall design. Just more curious what the actual difference is between the knockoff and authentic since the HT style fits and works great on my body. Is it worth spending the almost $200 extra for the authentic? Is it a different type of plastic? That is what I am curious about

6. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    8:47 AM
    I have both a knock-off a v2 Short and a v3 Nub and, cleanliness aside, been quite happy with them. I couldn't see spending $150 more for the "real thing."

7. Deleted member 66077

I have the HT V3 knockoff in the pic there <<<<<<<<.
    Fits well, no issues, staying where I am at. Why spend money on just a name and because it is a niche market?
    I can understand customs and steel being so expensive for obvious reasons, when it is injection molded plastic or silicone, they should max out at @$30US since the device cost less than $3 to make. They tack on the $$$ because it is a small niche market, and all businesses are in business to make as much profit as possible.
    If people stopped buying the expensive ones and went with the knockoffs enough, prices may decrease, supply and demand......
    Wouldn't surprise me if some of these name brand ones are made by those same knockoff factories.

8. Dvntpup

Dvntpup Active member

Las Vegas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So the authentic HT uses is the same plastic/material as the knock-off? I have a knock-off and it's my favorite ball trap chastity design. Actually been in it 24/7 for 66 days as of today so it's definitely my favorite. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on a better quality plastic mold since it's a device I constantly.

9. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    A genuine HT gets noticeably soft under scalding hot tap water. Checking a knock-off for that property would be an interesting test...

10. Guest 8028

Guest 8028 Active member

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    Had no issues with my knockoff HT2, never tried the real thing, got the knockoff because of the ring variety and price then just stuck to it, literally. It does not become really soft when hot showering btw.

11. TheEtruscan

TheEtruscan Active member

Local Time:

Well....no. It doesn't "cost less than $3 to make". The 5000th one might, but the first one costs thousands and thousands of dollars, because you have to have the molds made, and that is in *no* way cheap to do. The fact that it is, as you pointed out, a "small niche market" means they have to recover the cost of those molds by selling very few units. That is one of the reasons they are expensive....not just the "fetish tax". Also, if people "stopped buying the expensive ones and went with the knockoffs", in time there would *be* no new knockoffs. Because the Chinese are buying a single example of the real one....the one where the company put time, effort and skill into the design and manufacture; making molds from it, and then cranking them out via slave labor and an authoritarian government's capital. So....there's that.

12. buckey48

buckey48 Member

retired
    Idaho
    Local Time:
    Both are bio resin. Do not know the quality of the original htv3.

The Chinese knock off with the 50mm ring will not stay locked.
    Body heat causes the locking part to open up and it unlocks.

I used one for 28 days by using a cable tie rather then the lock.

I wish other mtg. Would make a ring with this profile.
    All the other plastic devices I have force the balls forward rather the let them hang naturally

MeatLocker likes this.
  13. Mrloched

Mrloched Long term member

West yorkshire
    Local Time:
    My knock off HT also gets soft in very hot water. I have used this to tighten the locking prongs on the ring.

14. QSMd

QSMd Member

SE US
    Local Time:
    7:47 AM
    I originally bought an authentic HTv2. After some time I bought a knock-off ring to try a smaller ring size and the knock-off was much more pliable material that, in my opinion, was sub-standard. Since then I have switched to a metal version and have been happily locked for years.

15. MissCarly

MissCarly Carly

Retired
    Local Time:
    I highly recommend the jailbird. MM is a pleasure to do business with.

16. buckey48

buckey48 Member

retired
    Idaho
    Local Time:
    the prongs on my HTV3 knock off open while in use. then it unlocks. Used cable tie and kept locked for 28 days.
    Using HTv#3 steel ring and plastic small tube.(both chinese copy) seems fine. Nano tube left too much of my penis exposed

17. LockerAlone

LockerAlone New member

None
    Local Time:
    7:47 AM
    I have used a knock off HT Nub V3. First thing I had to do was remove the sharp edges with some 600 grit wet / dry sandpaper. Next the locking prongs began to spread over time. Significant gaps developed but lock remained functional.

Just purchased an HT Nub V4 from HT. Huge difference in fit and finish. Expensive but the difference in quality is huge. Comfort is better and even the locking mechanism works smoother. Since this is now a part of my daily life 24/7, I’ll never buy a cheap knockoff again. My boys are worth the extra money and improved comfort.

MeatLocker and sissydavenport like this.
  18. Audrey_CD

Audrey_CD Long term member

Volunteer
    Gloucestershire in the UK
    Local Time:
    May be the finish on the V4 is better, but I have a genuine V3 and knock off V2. Both needed the attention of wet and dry paper before I got a comfortable fit.

19. handsolo

handsolo Long term member

Local Time:
    I just received a HT knockoff I added to an order on a whim, as it was roughly $10, and I figured I'd get a feel for the design. It does need some sanding, particularly at the end vents, which while not sharp, are what I would call hard-edged, and would definitely abrade over time.

The hilarious flaw is that the urine vent is installed from the middle to the top of the tube, essentially upside down, and completely useless. It slightly but completely misses the urethral opening, then extends upwards. It would be easy enough to extend it the correct direction, but that could affect the rigidity of the tube. No big loss, I can probably successfully modify it, and I got a cable-lockable magic lock out of the deal.

20. njcuckold

njcuckold Active member

House Subby
    USA
    Local Time:
    I own the knock off Nub version. Like you said I wet sanded the seams and it works very well for us. Perhaps too well. Also I did not experience the alignment issue in my cage.

21. nipbear

nipbear New member

Local Time:
    Note the Chinese knockoffs don't seem to include the 55mm ring. (The one I ordered claimed to include it, but the largest ring they sent matches the authentic HT 50mm ring.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice