Jailbird/ Mature Metal- Poor experience

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by chastityslave526, Sep 19, 2021.

1. chastityslave526

Local Time:
    3:23 AM
    I have purchased 2 different jailbirds from mature metal in 2020. The first one in July and the second in November.

TLDR: I’ve sent it back for adjustments and ordered extra base ring, nothing but fix problems. Spent over $1200 and am not happy.

I started out with their ring set, to make sure I ordered the correct size. After a week or so of using the rings I ordered my first jailbird. It didn’t take long for it to realize the inside diameter was too small (something unfortunately they can’t fix)

So I go ahead take more time to gather my measurements. Order my second jailbird. This time feeling better about the inside diameter. Well now burning under the scrotum, Im told the gap is too small. Okay so I send it back to get the gap adjusted, problem persists, send it back again, still no improvement. I order a different base ring all together with an even larger gap. Well now the gap is so large the cage is too short, oh and the new base ring size too big.

I started with oval rings and got a single and double with both orders. The extra base ring the second time was a circular.

What I’ve paid for
    -2 cages, both with security screws and double base rings
    -2 gap adjustments
    -An additional base ring,
    -A rush build
    -And the ring sizing kit

I have spent exactly $1205 dollars with mature metal and have nothing to show for it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

2. gary170

gary170 Long term member

NZ
    Local Time:
    9:23 PM
    Only had amazing experiences with the crowd at MM ,remember it takes time for your body to get used to a cage and under the scrotum takes the longest to adapt ..with me It did others may be different
    I wear mine full time it is a lifestyle and no problems what so ever

1mlockedup and DoesasTold like this.
  3. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Yeah I have to say, Mature Metal is the best I have dealt with & the customer service is amazing. I believe your issues aren’t with them, they are from you not knowing what you needed.

I wish you had messaged me before buying from them,I would have definitive tried my best to let you know more about what you are buying.

if you do make another purchase, lemme know. Maybe we can voice chat on discord or something to make sure you are know what you are getting and why you are getting it.

best wishes.

4. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    I too have had great experiences with MM. your post is a little unclear. Did they make what you asked for? Or did you order one set of measurements and receive a device not to those measurements? If the latter I think I’m safe to say they will make it right. If the former, I suggest you take up @King Hippo on his offer. Maybe you can salvage some of what you spent. If you do need to order yet a third device, selling your old ones here will recoup part of your outlay. I have sold two older devices here to the mutual benefit of both parties.

edit: I see you have one device up for sale. I hope that moves quickly for you.

5. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I’ve only had amazing interactions with them. They started on this site and I think they log in every now and then.

Did you work with them? I can’t imagine them not treating you great and doing all they can to help you.

6. DoesasTold

DoesasTold Long term member

Security Systems
    Upstate / NY
    Local Time:
    I also have only had amazing interactions with MM. They are one of the most reputable companies I have done business with.

7. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I also don’t see how you spent so much…. Their alteration aren’t that much for new rings….

tomf_22033 likes this.
  8. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    1:23 AM
    I have had nothing but positive interactions with Mature Metal.
    In my experience, while they are more than willing to advise you on what they believe you need, based upon the measurements you have provided

..they will however deliver whatever you order.

Don't feel bad though, most of us got our measurements wrong the first time
    (and maybe a second, ...and a third :oops:)

tomf_22033 likes this.
  9. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    scrotum burning is pretty common no matter what the device. I never could solve it myself and just got pierced instead. I've got a whole box of base ring devices and one of them is a Jailbird.

10. chastityslave526

Local Time:
    Thank you all for the replies.

MMs customer services has been very communicative. Never had any issues with that.

My dissatisfaction has been with sizing issues and sending it back and forth. The turnaround has been excellent. Im just tired of spending money for no results.

I am not a 24/7, not even close. It’s more of like 1 week or 2 a few times a year. Which I’m not sure if that’s part of the problem. I do have a vice mini that fits pretty well. I may just stick with that.

11. chastityslave526

Local Time:
    Cage attempt #1: $385
    Cage attempt #2: $385
    1 rush build: $265
    2 gap adjustments: (2x35) $70
    Ring sizing kit: $25
    Additional ring: $75

Total spent: $1205

12. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I guess I don’t see why you bought two jail birds and rushed the delivery.

13. eurolicious

eurolicious Active member

Local Time:
    I also ordered the wrong diameter cage (...and really too short based on everyone saying shorter is better) and had to reorder....and went through a bunch of rings.

Scrotum burn was always my issue. I ended up going small on the ring and it was its own issue.

Next I adjusted the gap myself, from all the way small to big, and wore it a day after each adjustment.

In the end, and out of frustration, I bend the oval to a round and guess what? NO MORE BURN!!

Once I did this, I actually used the second to smallest ring and again played with gap slightly.

Once done, I have been wearing it since....almost 2 months with no lube, no issues. Last record was 10 days and the skin broke.

I tell you this so you have hope but also realize it is about being able to adjust it to your body...thats the one thing MM cannot do since they dont have an "in person" fitting service.

Finally, I did read somewhere once about making the ring small, but large enough to accommodate a nocturnal erection. I used to think a super tiny ring prevented the cage sliding, but actualy for me it was additional grip of the ring being round that did that. A ring thats too small causes its own issues.

I hope you dont give up....and I agree selling some of the old stuff will regain a bit of the money spent.

chastityslave526 and King Hippo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice