Jail Bird Weight and Doublebasering?

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Gadlo, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Gadlo

Gadlo Active member

Central Europe
    Local Time:
    11:50 AM
    Hey guys,

currently my gf and me are using a CB6000s.
    The fit with the second largest and third largest base ring is okay but all in all I would like to have a custom cage where I have better options to clean everything.

But I am a little bit worried about the weight difference. Of course the Jailbirds weight is different for every configuration but are there users who changed from an CB6000s and can tell me what a difference in weight it makes? Or who much it does weigh?

And also can somebody explain the benefit of the double base ring? I don't know why or how it could be a benefit. Haven't found anything about it.

BTW. I ordered the sizing rings so I can have a good fitting. Want the cage to be fitted as perfectly as I can with the first try cause I do not want to have too much shipping costs between US and Europe.

2. Drews

Drews Long term member

Florida, USA
    Local Time:
    6:50 AM
    I used the Holy Trainer before switching to a custom Jailbird. There is a weight difference that will take a while to get used to but the custom fit, ease of cleaning and build quality make it worth it. I work out four days a week, I run and bike daily all while being in my Jailbird. Locked 24/7 except for occasionally sex with my wife without any issues. I do where support underwear when running or working out and never even realize I have it on. I only have a single base ring so I cannot comment on the double. If you are going to be locked for any amount of time I would suggest a Mature Metal device. I have been locked for months at a time with no need to take it off.

Gadlo likes this.
  3. Gadlo

Gadlo Active member

Central Europe
    Local Time:
    thank you very much for your detailed reply!
    I will definitely go for the jail bird. Wating for the sizing ring set and once I think I have the proper measuerment I will order it. Did you get your measurements right on the first order or did you had to let the jailbird be adjusted afterwards?

Since I'm from Europe I'm also curious for the customs. But I don't really care for the embarrassing customs visit, since it's for the greater good.

4. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    My experience with my MM devices is the same as @Drews.

When I first purchased from MM I too was unclear of the benefit of the double or triple base ring, so I asked them. Their reply was that for some men it helps keep the rings and cage closer to the body. Others like the additional weight. I thought “close to the body” sounded like a good idea, so I ordered a double ring as well as a single. I never wear the double. I don’t even think I have it anymore. First, While it was the same size as the single, it stretched my testicles uncomfortably and threw off the whole fit. Nor did I care for the additional weight. But we are all different, which is why MM has options.

I suggest you start with the single first.

And no, mine did not fit perfectly and I had to have it adjusted once, and then I slightly bent the post down on my own to close the bottom gap by less than a millimeter. That’s not MM’s fault. I was genuinely amazed at how small differences can make huge differences in fit. Seriously, like 1 or 2 millimeters meant the difference between my testicles slipping through the gap or not. And I think it’s just luck if you nail it EXACTLY right the first time. I now wear mine weeks at a time and don’t have any slip through sat all and no physical limitations on activity.

5. Drews

Drews Long term member

Florida, USA
    Local Time:
    I unfortunately did not get the measurements correct the first time. I did not follow their advice about it should fit like a glove at your smallest. Maybe let my ego guide me and ordered it too big. My suggestion would be follow their advice exactly and ask them questions if you have any concerns. They are extremely knowledgeable and will work with you. I live in USA so I cannot give you any information regarding customs. Good luck and if you will be locked for any length of time you will be extremely happy with your choice.

6. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    3:50 AM
    The double, triple, and even quad baserings will provide extra surface area to grip your skin (Assuming you have it sized correctly in the first place). If you are having problems with your basering slipping, this is one possible solution.

7. Gadlo

Gadlo Active member

Central Europe
    Local Time:
    Ahh thanks. Makes sense if I think about it that way haha

Then I guess I will go for a double base ring!

Yeah. I will try to follow their instructions as well as I can.
    I'm really looking forward to ordering and receiving one. Haven't heard anything bad about their products until now.

8. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    3:50 AM
    I have found Mature Metal to be very friendly and easy to work with. The quality is great, your cage will last a very long time. When you get your measurements correct (it seems very few of us did the first time around) your cage will be comfortable enough to eventually forget you are wearing it (until you get aroused that is).

I personally own a Queens Keep. I wore it for most of 2020, right up until an hour before my Piercing appointment to get my PA (now I will wait to heal before wearing a cage again). I have been able to comfortably wear my Queens Keep for more than 30 days at a time. I have never needed to remove it for routine cleaning, but I have periodically removed it for hair removal ...and when I have I also cleaned the cage with an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.

I must say that after wearing my Queens Keep for so long, it feels VERY strange to not have it on. ...I almost feel like a part of me is missing.

Jail Bird likes this.
  9. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    4:50 AM
    The double base ring also helps spread out the pressure on your skin due to the larger area—similar to how some manufacturers offer a flat base ring. I’ve only worn the double ring for extended periods and it’s very comfortable for me.

Like @BarbCD said, it can be literally a matter of a millimeter or two between too tight and too loose. But MM will work with you to get it right. If you have the extra cash, order an extra ring or two the next size up/down so that you won’t have to send it back if you’re a little off.

10. Gadlo

Gadlo Active member

Central Europe
    Local Time:
    Thank you all very much for your advice.

Somebody has gave me advice and told me he would also recommend the Looker 01 by Steelworkxx from Germany.
    This of course would offer less shipping costs and no customs. So I'm in two minds now on these two devices.

Has anyone here experience with both?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice