Is the term PIV offensive?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by PouchPantyLover, Oct 23, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    I don’t get this at all. And neither does Thatgirl (I asked). Particularly in the context of The Mansion, where “we had sex” or “we made love” or “She fucked me” could mean SO many different things, “PIV” seems like simplest of neutral tools of clarification.

In fact, the fact that the acronym includes no actual adjectives leads me to believe that it can be little more than a neutral add-on used for clarification. It simply lacks the necessary elements to carry more meaning. I’m not prepared to defend that particular line of reasoning as I haven’t deconstructed it fully - it just seems instinctively inconsequential on its own.

For instance, while we engage in PIV in ways that are decidedly male-dominant at times, we also engage in PIV with me restrained and/or enduring any number of other, or additional, elements of discomfort, loss of control, or degradation. In those instances Thatgirl is very much taking the PIV, and in fact is using it to demonstrate and express control, power, and just general female awesomeness.

People have a tendency to see what they want to see and to apply their own preconceptions to otherwise entirely neutral or unrelated things. Attributing meaning where none exists - to an otherwise entirely naked acronym - particularly a loaded meaning that invokes offense or some sort of victim status, and on someone else’s behalf no less - has to be one of the more stark illustrations of this tendency.

And @Nicoftime - FODIP (or FODIA) is friggin awesome and belongs on a t-shirt. It is now my mission to use that in a post as soon as possible. @Thatgirl, one of us is going to have to take FODIA to accomplish this mission. Flip a coin to at least give me a fighting chance? Or should I just accept my life-like fate on this? Lol.
    ***You’ll note the addition of the adjective has significant effect. As of course does the swapping of the clinical V for the slang P (or A!)***

2. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:34 AM
    Wish there was a super like button, good luck with the FODIA!

Jasmic68 likes this.
  3. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    11:19 AM
    If @Thatgirl is restraining you and she is the one in control, maybe VEP would be more appropriate. Vagina Engulfs Penis.

4. lockedUp24byKH

lockedUp24byKH Yes Dear...Right away.

Ireland
    Local Time:
    6:34 AM

LOL well said

5. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    7:34 PM
    Isn't this just how it works with everything? Put another way perception is reality. If someone perceives PIV to be offensive, than that makes it so for them. I agree that some people are too easily offended, but that is also a perception. So that is why I started the thread, not because I accept someone else's reality, but I'm curious about their perception.

6. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    11:19 AM
    To clarify my own statement, I wasn't saying that the women found the act of having penetrative sex offensive, just the acronym describing it offensive, or at least a cold and unfeeling way of describing such an event. I was also only reporting something those women had said themselves, not giving my opinion about what they thought.

PouchPantyLover likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice