Is my ring too small/tight?

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by EKT, Aug 4, 2020.

1. EKT

EKT Member

Local Time:
    1:16 PM
    So I just got my first cage today and I've had it on for about 5-6 hours now and it just feels a bit uncomfortable.

I'm using a knockoff CB6000 and planning to order a Vice from Locked in Lust later this week (happy to hear other recommendations).

For the CB6000 I am using the largest ring size and I did the knuckle test which apparently says that as long as I'm flaccid and can get a finger through the base ring past the first knuckle I'm fine. I can actually get to almost the second knuckle (which apparently means it's too loose) but it definitely doesn't feel that way.

I'm getting a bit more used to it now but when walking or lying down on my stomach it can get uncomfortable again.

Not sure if that's what it's suppose to feel like?

Also just curious what causes pinching? I had it a few times but by the time I stood up to try and adjust the cage it had gone away.

My balls don't seem to be a different colour or anything after 6 hours so I feel like I'm just being a bit of a wimp. They kind of look like a light shade or red but I'm dark skinned so I don't know lol.

When I touch my balls they are a little bit cold but my room is a bit cold too so not sure if it's circulation or actual room temperature.

If there's anyone that would be okay with me sending a picture to them please let me know and I can add them on telegram or kik just to make sure I'm not hurting myself.

2. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    Have you worn chastity device before? If not, 6 hours straight off the bat is a long time. Try allowing your body time to get used to a cage by wearing it for shorter periods initially, then gradually increase the timeframe that you wear the device.

Your testicles shouldn't feel cold, do they feel the same temp as say your inner thigh? If they don't then it is likely an issue with either the sizing or fit of the ring.

When you put it all on, did you pull through as much scrotum skin as you could? First time I tried a cage, I didn't pull much through and it left me quite uncomfortable, but the more skin through the ring, the more they will dangle / hang naturally.

3. EKT

EKT Member

Local Time:
    No this is my first time. Unfortunately my girlfriend took the key home with her for the next two days... If anything I can make the drive tomorrow if it becomes an issue.

They are very slightly colder than my inner thigh I'd say. The only reason I think the sizing is fine is because I can manage to do that knuckle test whenever flaccid.

Hmm no I didn't. it seems like there's still a bit under the cage so I guess that might be why.

If blood circulation is cut off it would be super painful right? Not just uncomfortable?

4. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    Brand new to chastity and no way out? Sounds potentially dangerous.

When it comes to your balls, better safe than sorry. If your girlfriend has taken all the keys, I'd be inclined to get them sooner rather than later. Better to over react and be cautious than risk harm.

SubSnuggler likes this.
  5. EKT

EKT Member

Local Time:
    Fair enough, sent her a text so she can message me when she wakes up.

Thanks for the info

6. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    As others have said, keep an eye out for discolouration, my balls are some times cold to, but that’s nothing to worry about, and it will be uncomfortable to begin because your are preventing your balls from retracting back into your body as they would naturally! But definitely get the keys back and build up to going for it for long term, and good luck!

7. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    I started with a knockoff CB6000S. It was, to put it politely, uncomfortable
    Then I went to a genuine CB6000S which was MUCH better, but never what I would describe as comfortable.
    I wasn't comfortable (as in I could forget I was wearing it) until I went to an open metal cage.
    I've never tried the Vice, so I can't offer an opinion on that one.
    I wear a Mature Metal Queens keep, ...but that is a relatively expensive custom solution compared to a knockoff CB6000,

Based upon feedback I have read from this board, there are a LOT of relatively cheap Yet good quality open metal cages available. Although I would caution you (if you go that route) to be sure that it is stainless steel, and not something that might rust or that you might have an allergic reaction too. Also, check all surfaces of the cage with your finger for sharp or rough bits before putting it on

I would also caution you about the website you mentioned, about half of what I ordered from them never arrived. I tend to use oxy-shop, or Amazon, I've had much better luck with them. I'm sure others will chime in with even more alternatives.

The finger test (as it was explained to me); You should be able to fit your index or middle finger under your ring up to the first knuckle. If you cannot, it is too tight. If you can fit a second finger under the ring (not 1 to the second knuckle), it is too loose.

I hope that helps, and good luck finding the perfect cage for you.

bondinchas likes this.
  8. EKT

EKT Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for all the info. I just ordered this cage: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LXFECTH/ref=pe_41291580_475834460_TE_item

I measured my ring size and it's apparently 30mm but after wearing the 50mm yesterday which felt tight I'm not so sure.. Rather start bigger than smaller though. If anything I'll just buy a smaller ring if I keep popping out.

Popping out wouldn't be painful, right?

9. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    12:16 PM
    A ball slip is agonizing. Adjust the gap so that doesn't happen. If it happens in public setting you won't want it to ever happen again. You can't move, adjust, or relieve the pain and that ball slip will just keep going. It may take a few seconds to progress but it will seem like 10 minutes. It hurts!

10. EKT

EKT Member

Local Time:
    Sorry what do you mean by adjust the gap? As in get proper fitting ring?

11. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    I agree with @SubSnuggler, ballslip sucks, ...especially if you end up with one inside and one outside the ring.
    This can be affected by both the ring size, and the gap between the ring and the cage.

12. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    "The gap" is the distance between the base ring and the bottom ring of the tube.
    With metal devices, it's possible to carefully bend them slightly to adjust the exact gap size.

It unfortunately isn't quite that simple though, as the distance between the two rings varies in size, being largest at the bottom, and getting narrower at the sides. That's the geometry of having two circles of different diameters, the gap would only remain constant if the centres were coincident, which invariably they're not.
    If both testicles are hanging side by side, they're both not at the widest gap in the device, that being in the middle; Twist the device round a little and one might pop through.

It's a consistent bad design feature of most chastity cages, If the rings were shaped so that the gap was the same right across where the scrotum hangs through, we'd not have this constant difficulty in sizing or popping out, and devices would be a lot more comfortable.

It is a problem that I expect isn't so bad for the "ergonomic" rings, as the base ring is shaped to go around the cage, but I can't really comment on that one as I haven't had one of those style devices myself. Anyone?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i jnow if my chastity cage ring is too small

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice